The Student Room Group

Putting your bros before your girl?

Like actually setting that boundary and making her accept that I'm not always gonna want to be around her because my mates want me to go down the pub or the mall or a theme park, or like segway riding with them or something? Do you do that?

Or do you instead tell your mates that you can't be hanging out with them anymore because your gf wants you to go for brunch with her or whatevr? lol

Liek I can't find the balance. And both groups are getting mad at me. How can I become a neutral party?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can only go off what me and my boyfriend do. ours is quite relaxed though. We are dating but we're also best friends. we don't talk 24/7 or see each other everyday because we both have friends and families and do different things. we tend to meet up every Friday really unless something really unusual comes up but the rest of the time we will plan something and meet up then. If his friends want to do something and i'm not invited thats cool and the same if my friends invite me to do something and hes not invited, thats cool. But this seems quite uncommon for relationships i think in most its expected to be more clingy and always together which i think is what your girlfriend is going for. You could invite her to meet your guys at some point which may make it easier to make both groups happy :smile: hope this helps
My previous relationships I'd usually just plan things in advanced. I had a LDR so I could see my friends all the time if need be. But, if it's something menial like going to the shops or to the pub/bar I'd just invite her along, the boys all have their gfs and they bring them to stuff so we can all be together.
Reply 3
Need to agree time for both. But remember, your gf should be 55% as she offers sexual nirvana.
Original post by 0to100
Like actually setting that boundary and making her accept that I'm not always gonna want to be around her because my mates want me to go down the pub or the mall or a theme park, or like segway riding with them or something? Do you do that?

Or do you instead tell your mates that you can't be hanging out with them anymore because your gf wants you to go for brunch with her or whatevr? lol

Liek I can't find the balance. And both groups are getting mad at me. How can I become a neutral party?

take her with u LOL
bros before hoes ini
Original post by subwayislife
take her with u LOL

I just remembered this thread :facepalm:

And yea no. Lol she needs to accept that we can't be under each other all the time. I wanna know how to do that without isolating anyone.
Original post by surina16
bros before hoes ini

Init
How is your gf balancing her time between you and her friends?
Original post by Zarek
Need to agree time for both. But remember, your gf should be 55% as she offers sexual nirvana.

Lmao I've invited her along and stuff and it's just bad she gets gobby with my mates and kills the vibe but before then it's hilarious like smashing beer cans on my face and she's stood looking miserable...so yea we'd have to schedule this **** lol like "can't tonite boys, gotta take her to see Me Before You" or something. :\

Original post by hezzlington
My previous relationships I'd usually just plan things in advanced. I had a LDR so I could see my friends all the time if need be. But, if it's something menial like going to the shops or to the pub/bar I'd just invite her along, the boys all have their gfs and they bring them to stuff so we can all be together.

You've never just wanted time with your mates without your gf interrupting playing supernanny or whinging about her feet hurting or harassing you about any next bird that strolls in
4 Life, Bro's stay with you all your life, hoes are there one minute, and gone the next, so defo bro's b4 hoes, and I would say depending on the situation, if she's a nice girl and she's been there or trying to be there for you, and needs you (not just for the attention) then yh it's nice to spend some time with her, and make her feel specials, but like bro's have always been there and you grow up together, so like balance. Depending on the girl's attitude I would say. :smile:
Original post by Namita Gurung
How is your gf balancing her time between you and her friends?

Ahhh good question...

well...she always wants to be around me, or wants her friends to tag along with us and fondly invite me to go with them and stuff. I don't always want to be around her though...
Original post by 0to100
Ahhh good question...

well...she always wants to be around me, or wants her friends to tag along with us and fondly invite me to go with them and stuff. I don't always want to be around her though...

Sounds like what one of my friends and her bf went through. You're the more independent person in the relationship, which is probably why she finds it hard to understand.

Have you sat down and talked to her about it before? If so, how did she react?
Original post by Namita Gurung
Sounds like what one of my friends and her bf went through. You're the more independent person in the relationship, which is probably why she finds it hard to understand.

Have you sat down and talked to her about it before? If so, how did she react?

I tell her all the time so last resort is to ask you lot lol I could leave her anytime but it's a stupid reason to break up I think. I mean this thread was like 5 days ago or something so before and since then I've just been doing the same thing like go with whoever asks 1st. Them or her. They get bummed sometimes and she gets mad sometimes but whatever.
Original post by 0to100
Lmao I've invited her along and stuff and it's just bad she gets gobby with my mates and kills the vibe but before then it's hilarious like smashing beer cans on my face and she's stood looking miserable...so yea we'd have to schedule this **** lol like "can't tonite boys, gotta take her to see Me Before You" or something. :\

You've never just wanted time with your mates without your gf interrupting playing supernanny or whinging about her feet hurting or harassing you about any next bird that strolls in

haha no I can't say I've experienced that.
Original post by hezzlington
haha no I can't say I've experienced that.

:s-smilie: what angels do you date lol
Original post by 0to100

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! That's so cute and romantic, 'Me Before You'. She should be so grateful :wink:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! That's so cute and romantic, 'Me Before You'. She should be so grateful :wink:

Yea but the film looks shite mate
Original post by 0to100
Yea but the film looks shite mate

No it don't! It's soo sweet, but mum wouldn't let me watch it, last time I went cinema to watch a movie was like 2009 or idek when, I watched christmas carol, the disney version and my cousins literally had to drag me to come.:s-smilie:
Original post by asif007
Have you never heard of "Bros Before Hoes"? Words to live by, my friend.

If your girl can't even understand that you have a right to go out with your bros, she shouldn't even be dating you. I highly doubt that you would complain if she wanted to go out with her girlfriends and leave you at home. Put it this way - when your hoe starts acting up, when she starts making a big deal out of the most trivial things and just looking for an argument, your bros are gonna be there to support you. When your girl eventually dumps you cos you didn't buy her that expensive piece of jewellery or whatever, your bros are gonna be there to pick up the pieces.

Bottom line is - a ***** needs to respect that a man has a right to have friends that don't include her, and that maybe every now and then you need some time apart to go out with your own friends. If she can't accept that - dump her and move on to the next hoe. Obviously it's good to find a balance between her and your bros, and you should give her all the attention you can manage. But if she starts complaining about not seeing you enough and the fact that you want to see your bros too, get rid of her and move on. These hoes ain't loyal, they rotate.

real nigg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending