The Student Room Group

EU referendum: Farage and Welby in 'racism' row.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36471794

Nigel Farage was questioned about this during the live Referendum debate show at 9pm on ITV.

I believe the Archbishop Justin Welby has taken Farage's words out of context and, what Farage rightly says, has turned to believing headlines rather than who said it.

Immigration isn't a question about 'race' it's a question about 'cultural differences'.

Paraphrasing Farage's response during the debate: We, the UK, should be concerned about open-boarders and the flood of non-EU asylum seekers who do not share the same culture as our own, and who, in many cases, refuse to adhere to it.

There was no mention of race - it has all to do with cultural differences, and it's about time people acknowledge it.

Did you watch the debate?

Who came out on top - if anyone.
Reply 1
Original post by The Roast

Nigel Farage was questioned about this during the live Referendum debate show at 9pm on ITV.

I believe the Archbishop Justin Welby has taken Farage's words out of context and, what Farage rightly says, has turned to believing headlines rather than who said it.

Immigration isn't a question about 'race' it's a question about 'cultural differences'.

Paraphrasing Farage's response during the debate: We, the UK, should be concerned about open-boarders and the flood of non-EU asylum seekers who do not share the same culture as our own, and who, in many cases, refuse to adhere to it.

There was no mention of race - it has all to do with cultural differences, and it's about time people acknowledge it.

lol how is this even a debate? UKIP is massively racist, though of course they will deny it to ends of the earth.

But the evidence is very easy to find. If you look at UKIP manifesto for 2015 general election, if I remember correctly there was not one non-white face in the manifesto. Cons on other had a few ethnic faces throughout their doc, and Lab had some more.

Message is pretty clear: UKIP does not want a Britain with ethnic minorities.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Nidhoggr
lol how is this even a debate? UKIP is massively racist, though of course they will deny it to ends of the earth.

But the evidence is very easy to find. If you look at UKIP manifesto for 2015 general election, if I remember correctly there was not one non-white face in the manifesto. Cons on other hand had a few ethnic faces throughout their doc, and Lab had some more.

So why are ethnic minorities voting for UKIP then if it's fundamentally racist? Are you telling me they're white folk in disguise?

Labour is having trouble with anti-semitism and I do believe the Tories had issues with racism too (and perhaps continues to). What's your point?
Reply 3
So why are ethnic minorities voting for UKIP then if it's fundamentally racist? Are you telling me they're white folk in disguise?

Labour is having trouble with anti-semitism and I do believe the Tories had issues with racism too (and perhaps continues to). What's your point?

Translation: I'm a UKIP Supporter. Dont say mean things about them.

:lol:

But the evidence is very easy to find. If you look at UKIP manifesto for 2015 general election, if I remember correctly there was not one non-white face in the manifesto. Cons on other had a few ethnic faces throughout their doc, and Lab had some more.

bigotry

Im a gay muslim ethnic minority and support UKIP.

A proud Gay BME muslim KIPPER.
Reply 5
Translation: I'm a UKIP Supporter. Dont say mean things about them.

:lol:

FYI I voted Lib Dems last year.

So what you're telling us right now is that you're unable to have a mature conversation.

Well done.

I'd give this one to Cameron personally. Farage had no answer for the guy who works in pharmaceuticals talking about his job relying upon being in the EU, he basically swerved his question and implied he was making it up. Like the other night vs Michael Gove the PM had reasonable answers to every question IMO. I think Farage started getting a bit rattled as well when immigration came up.

I'll add that being a remainer I'm obviously a bit biased, but I'm certainly no lover of the Tories.
Reply 7
Original post by JamesN88
I'd give this one to Cameron personally. Farage had no answer for the guy who works in pharmaceuticals talking about his job relying upon being in the EU, he basically swerved his question and implied he was making it up. Like the other night vs Michael Gove the PM had reasonable answers to every question IMO. I think Farage started getting a bit rattled as well when immigration came up.

I'll add that being a remainer I'm obviously a bit biased, but I'm certainly no lover of the Tories.

Of course he was irritated, the questions asked by the two women had no substance.

They were regurgitating what the Archbishop of Canterbury said, which was flawed in itself. Basically, their opinions weren't really their own.

I thought he responded well - but that's me being a bit biased too, not that I support UKIP.
Reply 8
I want to preserve our culture and people

If i am a fascist for it then so be it

But it is you people, who advocate for our genocide

So don't act all anti-racist

Oh wait anti-racist is codeword for anti-White!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending