The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

I believe its currently being scrutinised in the HofL
Original post by mollyadtr
Is it on the road to success? Or has it been passed or beaten down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UKStudent17
No problem! I'm sort of hoping it might come up now. I'm crossing my fingers that we get some damn good questions.

i hope so too, its actually a pretty decent question! i feel like it might be an option as the first/last time they put it on there students really struggles
To be honest, I've just accepted the reality that this will be passed at some point. I live under the impression that intelligence services and the government do this already.

I agree, there's always someone watching us

Posted from TSR Mobile
That honestly reminds me of big brother, it's scary to think they're trying to control us and keep tabs on us even more, one day I hope society will rise up and take a stand on issues such as this as it can't lead to anything good for our rights. It's a complete breach on personal data/information
Yeah the foi act was introduced but this is beyond that

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, I've just accepted the reality that this will be passed at some point. I live under the impression that intelligence services and the government do this already.

yeah, but not on this scale.. targeted interception of data is definitely happening.

another retarded aspect of the bill is that internet providers are the ones who have to store all the internet data, so everyone's internet costs will go up because of server costs... GG THERSA MAY GGWP
Yeah because its an Act it should be passed HOWEVER, on the parliament website it says its still being reviewed by the HofL so im a bit confused- it is still a legit example you can use though :smile:
Oh **** I didn't even realise it said act my bad, it's funny how it hasn't been mentioned much on politics news accounts,..private member bills don't seem to get much attention 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
To clarify Blair went to Iraq without consenting parliament?

nah there was a debate and vote in parliament, but when deciding to bring about the policy of poss going to war he only consulted a few members of the cabinet
Original post by Student 1305
I believe its currently being scrutinised in the HofL

I just checked on the parliament site, it said its received royal assent on March 23 so it's now an act...don't know whether to hurray or nay? Is it a good act or a bad act

Posted from TSR Mobile
i hope so too, its actually a pretty decent question! i feel like it might be an option as the first/last time they put it on there students really struggles

I want Lords reform
Does anyone have any predictions for this exam? :redface:
Original post by Student 1305
Yeah because its an Act it should be passed HOWEVER, on the parliament website it says its still being reviewed by the HofL so im a bit confused- it is still a legit example you can use though :smile:

Now I'm confused 😂on the diagram it hasn't got Royal assent highlighted but in text it says it has got Royal assent, odd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
I want Lords reform

Lords reform would be sick too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kayemma
nah there was a debate and vote in parliament, but when deciding to bring about the policy of poss going to war he only consulted a few members of the cabinet

Poss?
Lords reform would be sick too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think commons reform will come up?
Now I'm confused 😂on the diagram it hasn't got Royal assent highlighted but in text it says it has got Royal assent, odd

Posted from TSR Mobile

RA is not higlighted on the website. It has received RA, otherwise it simply wouldn't be called an Act.
Original post by popcornjpg
yeah, but not on this scale.. targeted interception of data is definitely happening.

another retarded aspect of the bill is that internet providers are the ones who have to store all the internet data, so everyone's internet costs will go up because of server costs... GG THERSA MAY GGWP

That's crazy, I wish more people were involved in politics like we are so they'd understand what's going on in parliament is actually affecting them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
Poss?

*possibly sorry
Reply 596

Found your post an interesting one, it's the Draft Communications Data Bill aka Snooper's Charter. Requires mobile and Internet service providers to maintain a record of each user's internet browsing history for a period of 1 year. The Draft Investigatory Powers Bill has superseded it in the 2015-20 Parliament under the current Conservative majority administration.
Guys! A recent example of the work of select committees is how Iain Wright, MP for Hartlepool and chairman of the business, innovation and skills committee is questioning Mike Ashley about Sports Directs Factory in Shirebrook (i believe thats the place)
Original post by Tej98
Found your post an interesting one, it's the Draft Communications Data Bill aka Snooper's Charter. Requires mobile and Internet service providers to maintain a record of each user's internet browsing history for a period of 1 year. The Draft Investigatory Powers Bill has superseded it in the 2015-20 Parliament under the current Conservative majority administration.

is the draft investigatory powers bill the same as the snoopers chart? if so thats good news
anyone else here watch PMQs?

havent had my fix for 2 weeks, looking forward to tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending