The Student Room Group

Why do parents compare their kids to other kids?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Well don't call her a ***** if you wanna keep your lips but yea just compare her to other parents.

Sorryy :frown: But like I ain't never in a million yrs gonaa be a parent like her, I'd feel sorry for em, now she wants me to massage her legs every two seconds, I've got work to do mann, how tf am I gonaa pass my exams. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry:
My parents always compare my grades with their friend's children's grades like how they got all A*/A grades and expects me to get the same. Always on about how much more hardworking they are due to starting GCSE revision in September in comparison to me starting 2/3 months before the exams. How I could have gotten much better grades if I did not sit in front of a TV all year until 2/3 months before the exams.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Sorryy :frown: But like I ain't never in a million yrs gonaa be a parent like her, I'd feel sorry for em, now she wants me to massage her legs every two seconds, I've got work to do mann, how tf am I gonaa pass my exams. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry:

tell her that!
Why can't you be like, you couldn't do s***t if you wished, your just a mouthy s***g and all you do is fight, :blah::ashamed:

You fight?
Mine likes to compare me with people intelligence.
Original post by 0to100
tell her that!

I do, and she's just like you will, I'll do them 4 u, like takin the mick, she knows she can't, idek anymore. :frown:
thats such an asian thing to do lmao
I do, and she's just like you will, I'll do them 4 u, like takin the mick, she knows she can't, idek anymore. :frown:

She sounds annoying.
Original post by 0to100
You fight?

Verbal sometimes, answering back, but It's not really, just like she'll say 'You're so lazy' blah blah blah, and I'll be like 'I'm NOT! I'm tryna revise mann, GOD!' In like a pissed off tone, but thts not fighting, like even answering a question is like fighting to her. :colone:
Original post by mariam687
thats such an asian thing to do lmao

I was gonna ask about that but had no one to ask lol
Verbal sometimes, answering back, but It's not really, just like she'll say 'You're so lazy' blah blah blah, and I'll be like 'I'm NOT! I'm tryna revise mann, GOD!' In like a pissed off tone, but thts not fighting, like even answering a question is like fighting to her. :colone:

Maybe she's got autism?
Original post by 0to100
She sounds annoying.

Bruhh, she's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying! :frown: Can't wait to run away from her bruhh.
Original post by 0to100
Maybe she's got autism?

She got bipolar, :colone: Idk about autism, everything I say to her is like a holy war or summat. :angry:
Bruhh, she's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying! :frown: Can't wait to run away from her bruhh.

Lmao can't wait? Just...do it...go to a mate's house. I mean it's not a wise choice but it is a choice. I was a "habitual runaway" since I were a wee kid and it helped me in some places and hurt me in others.
Original post by 0to100
Lmao can't wait? Just...do it...go to a mate's house. I mean it's not a wise choice but it is a choice. I was a "habitual runaway" since I were a wee kid and it helped me in some places and hurt me in others.

I ain't allowed, if she found me, she'd kill me not even joking yano, I would honestly love too. :frown: It would help me, cuz I can get away from her daily s***t. :s-smilie:
I ain't allowed, if she found me, she'd kill me not even joking yano, I would honestly love too. :frown: It would help me, cuz I can get away from her daily s***t. :s-smilie:

Work and save up, easier said than done. But it's gonna build some healthy independence.
Original post by 0to100
Work and save up, easier said than done. But it's gonna build some healthy independence.

Can't wait, jus waiting to turn 16 :frown:
Can't wait, jus waiting to turn 16 :frown:

Don't worry I remmeber you're 15 but you'll be 16 soon. In time for a summer job :wink:
Now if she doesn't even let you work that's just...
Original post by 0to100
Don't worry I remmeber you're 15 but you'll be 16 soon. In time for a summer job :wink:
Now if she doesn't even let you work that's just...

I've never mentioned it lately but when I did late last yr, she goes 'oh no, you can't' this that but like idc ima get my way no matter what lol :tongue: Can't wait for end of july to comeeeeeee! :biggrin:
I've never mentioned it lately but when I did late last yr, she goes 'oh no, you can't' this that but like idc ima get my way no matter what lol :tongue: Can't wait for end of july to comeeeeeee! :biggrin:

:smile: and just know even if you gotta scrub toilets do it. it's better to do it as a kid then as an adult trust. And you build your experience. Makes life so much easier.

Quick Reply

Latest