The Student Room Group

Went to a private faith school ask me anything

(edited 6 years ago)
Are many people actually religious? At my school and most state faith schools, it seemed as if most people just went to church for a week, just so they could get a letter from there priest to attend the school.
Were prayers compulsory?
Original post by Reaver Daniels
It was largely mixed. Some Christians (of many different branches), some agnostics, some atheists etc etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you Machiavellian like me yeah?

:five:
Original post by manz too fine
:five:

As soon as it'll be more beneficial, you'll stab him in the back instead of high-fiving him.
Original post by Mactotaur
As soon as it'll be more beneficial, you'll stab him in the back instead of high-fiving him.

:lol:“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”
Original post by manz too fine
:lol:“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

“The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.”
No. Like we would pray every morning, but nobody was forced to participate.

Was anything such as going to Mass compulsory or learning YEC? At my school we had once a week a compulsory Mass which we had to attend and I don't remember there being an opportunity to opt out of religious events.
I went to an ACE private faith school before transferring to an independent sixth form to do my AS Levels (currently doing them).

I am aware that there is rather a lot of controversy surrounding faith schools and ACE schools and whilst I cannot speak for other faith schools I'd be happy to answer any questions about mine.

I'm agnostic by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

did they teach you evolution in biology or was it creationism? and what does YEC stand for?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending