The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBradly
The insular subcultures at the opposite ends of the internet politics spectrum can be difficult to understand at times. They create their dialect as a framework for their ideas, and you need to be able to understand what they mean to see where they are coming from. Here are some helpful explanations of what they generally mean:

SJW talk:

"Creepy" - Male being friendly

"Rapey" - Man attempting to court woman

"Rape culture" - Society where white heterosexual males are attracted to the opposite sex

"Cultural appropriation" - White societies embracing other cultures

"Mansplaining" - Men speaking logically

"Fatphobia" - Understanding that having excess adipose tissue is bad for you

"Genderqueer" - Confused

"Cringey" - Anything anyone says or does that makes them feel insecure because it doesn't fit into their world view, but they can't actually discredit with any reasonable response.

"The patriarchy" - An imaginary image of the world they have where male CEOs and politicians get together in clandestine meetings to think of ways to oppress womyn

"Transphobic" - Can mean anything from actual hatred of trans people to simply understanding that there are two biological sexes

"Ableist" - Believing, for example, that people with no legs probably shouldn't do kickboxing

Red Pill talk:

"Cuck" - Reasonable, self-effacing male

"Beta" - Intelligent, compassionate man

"Alpha" - Imaginary characters such as James Bond or Action Man which Red Pillers see themselves as/have closeted homoerotic desires for

"Nice guys" - The selves they once were (before they started drinking protein shakes) that got **** on by nasty evil women who weren't interested in their Warcraft conquests

"Slut/sloot" - Women who don't have sex with them

"Blue Pill" - A reasonable view of the world

"Taking the red pill" - To affirm the bitter view you have of women by getting a bunch other mongs on the internet to pat you on the back and tell you you're right

"White knight" - A man who's mother gave him enough love

"MGTOW" - A man who has given up wasting time on make advances on women so that he can fully dedicate his life to *****ing about them on the internet

I disagree with your definition of what I've bolded but everything else seems to be spot on
Original post by Plagioclase
TIL learning that woman are disposable, troublesome objects that exist purely for male sexual satisfaction = learning to get laid.

Blame the girls who drop their pants for it. As long as women create that market there will be men who endeavor to fill it.
Reply 22
Original post by Jebedee
Learn game.

Redpillers have successfully made getting laid into something that sounds really nerdy. Why not try going to a party, taking a few bombs of X and not acting like a sadcase?
Original post by Jebedee
Blame the girls who drop their pants for it. As long as women create that market there will be men who endeavor to fill it.

This is why people make fun of you.
Both retarded groups lol
low-energy
Reply 26
Original post by Jebedee

Mate, if you're having sex and thinking about it's economic value based on all the other guys who've had it with her, you're not having good sex. I know you want some girl to think you're the special man you think you are, but you'd be better off just enjoying it and learning to not give a damn that she'll forget you in a week.
With regard to this: "Rape culture" - Society where white heterosexual males are attracted to the opposite sex

King Bradly isn't, I believe, denying that a rape culture exists in many parts of the world, but is attacking the SJWs for calling every environment where men exist 'rape cultures'.
Redpillers have successfully made getting laid into something that sounds really nerdy.

this

although I've never heard the term redpiller before.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29

"Alpha" - Imaginary characters such as James Bond or Action Man which Red Pillers see themselves as/have closeted homoerotic desires for

Laughed out loud (can't say lol, that's meaningless nowadays..) at that one
Good stuff
Original post by hezzlington
how do you learn how to get laid?

Small print: "results" can include "getting laid" in prison following a sex assault/stalking conviction.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Listen to some women-hating guys on a shady corner of the internet, of course

Actually yes.

TRP is not just about women though. Like 30% of threads on their are about developing your character in all relationships in your life, not just with women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is the most important post that has ever been made on any part of the internet.

Original post by hezzlington
although I've never heard the term redpiller before.

Probably just as well, really. It's all rather bleak

Red Pill talk:

"Cuck" - Any male who doesnt accept TRP as truth

"Beta" - Any male who doesnt accept TRP as truth

"Alpha" - Jedi Master (or more likley Sith Lord) in the ways of TRP

"Nice guys" - Any male who doesnt accept TRP as truth

"Slut/sloot" - 80% of western women

"Blue Pill" - Any male who doesnt accept TRP as truth

"White knight" - Any male who doesnt accept TRP as truth

"Taking the red pill" - To realise you were a cuck / beta / white knight / nice guy, and set on the course of getting your chit together and stop letting other people, especially women, use you / walk all over you

"MGTOW" - A man who focuses on just using women for sex and getting money, rather than wife-ing / dating these sloots

Fixed your post mane.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lmao, reactionary ****wad. "SJW's" talking about sexism really seems to hit a nerve, doesn't it? **** this South-Park centrist "oh but they are all as equally bad as each other. I am le enlightened centrist gentleman who knows the TRUE answer lies in the middle!"

No. TRP is a misogynistic cult and I'll take someone who might get overzealous about making the world more inclusive over that any day of the week.
"White knight" - A man who's mother gave him enough love

Omg THAT BIT!! :rofl: :rofl:

:yy: :congrats:
You left out some other SJW terms:

"Problematic" - when something is wrong because it doesn't adhere to a very particular, demanding set of progressive politics.

"Trigger" - to cause an especially fragile (and supposedly adult) person discomfort by exposing them to everyday realities.

"Cis-" - normal.

"Safe space" - an area free of criticism, dangerous ideas and white heterosexual males.

"Hate speech" - pretty much any speech these days that doesn't mesh well with SJW politics.

"Harassment/trolling" - disagreeing with an SJW online, or saying something negative to/about them.

"Violence" - anything disagreeable.

"Capitalism" - a satanic system whereby people own property and acquire wealth by providing goods and services.

"Colonialism" - anything involving a white man doing, saying, or thinking something outside of Europe.
I thought mansplaining was where blokes wouldn't sit with their legs firmly closed together on public transport :redface:
Reply 38
Original post by Dandaman1
You left out some other SJW terms:

"Problematic" - when something is wrong because it doesn't adhere to a very particular, demanding set of progressive politics.

"Trigger" - to cause an especially fragile (and supposedly adult) person discomfort by exposing them to everyday realities.

"Cis-" - normal.

"Safe space" - an area free of criticism, dangerous ideas and white heterosexual males.

"Hate speech" - pretty much any speech these days that doesn't mesh well with SJW politics.

"Harassment/trolling" - disagreeing with an SJW online, or saying something negative to/about them.

"Violence" - anything disagreeable.

"Capitalism" - a satanic system whereby people own property and acquire wealth by providing goods and services.

"Colonialism" - anything involving a white man doing, saying, or thinking something outside of Europe.

Ah damn I completely forgot these ones! Some of those are big ones too. Well done for successfully articulating what they mean.
Reply 39
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I thought mansplaining was where blokes wouldn't sit with their legs firmly closed together on public transport :redface:

That's "manspreading".

Latest

Trending

Trending