The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
the question on why the school would see it a good use of money to vaccinate the pupils yearly for the influenza flu?also the question on the classification of the slime mould??
Original post by Lion2121
Q2C) Is the secondary structure I'm pretty sure

I got the order of the Q's mixed up its tertiary aha
Original post by school2
the question on why the school would see it a good use of money to vaccinate the pupils yearly for the influenza flu?also the question on the classification of the slime mould??

It was teachers they were vaccinating. I said that the cost of administering the vaccine was less than the cost of lost working hours due to teachers catching flu.

Had no clue about the slime mould, ridiculous question. I just said what I saw and then just said they used molecular evidence as well as physiological evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GetOverHere
Yeah, you could test it a few times and then calculate the mean absorbance to reduce random error and eliminate anomalous results. To be honest I don't think a larger range would help, seeing as the absorbance measurement was only 1.4 whilst the absorbance at 2.00mgcm-3 was higher than that I think. It's like if you're measuring an insect, you don't need a meter stick because the insect is so small anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeahs that true too i just hope i wrote the right key points
Grade Boundary Predictions?
Original post by Sheary13
out of rating scale of 10. how did everyone find it? 10 being hardest exam ever done

11 x
How did you think it went??
Rajan_S97 dude on behalf of everyone don't even trying to make an unofficial marksceme because your answers are so wrong
Original post by joe35678
Rajan_S97 dude on behalf of everyone don't even trying to make an unofficial marksceme because your answers are so wrong

Just trying to help mate, no need to get angry, just correct what u think I got wrong
Reply 689
Original post by joe35678

Don't count me as part of "everyone"

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the lily question I put that I would do a stratified sample using a continuous belt transect using the environmental gradient from moist soil to dry soil. I would count all lily species within the quadrats and plot each number onto a graph to show how population of the lily changes with moisture change.

Is that correct or??
For the question on the dichotomous key question, I wrote 'Does it have fertilised eggs that develop into blastula?'. Would that be correct?

This paper was awful.

Also on the last questions where you had to say why the statements were incorrect... I agreed with the statements LMAO?
What did people put for the questions you had to make up? I remember for one of the answers I wrote fungi (the top one)

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did people put for the benefits of preserving plant biodiversity for agriculture?
Original post by Random573
What did people put for the questions you had to make up? I remember for one of the answers I wrote fungi (the top one)

Posted from TSR Mobile

fungi,
does it have a chloroplast (plants and protoctists)
does it have a true nucleus
Reply 695
I wrote does it gain nutrition autotrophically and heterotrophically for plants and protoctists
Reply 696
In the grid about primary & secondly response asking for speed and quantity of antibodies produced, what kind of this were we meant to put in the boxes?! Seemed a bit vague! I just put low & high kind of thing... 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emsyp6
In the grid about primary & secondly response asking for speed and quantity of antibodies produced, what kind of this were we meant to put in the boxes?! Seemed a bit vague! I just put low & high kind of thing... 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was the same haha just kept reading it waiting for some instructions to pop out of no where
For the fat question i wrote it would be a competitive inhibitor would that be right or is it competitive ? Please help
Original post by 09ekennedy
what did people put for the benefits of preserving plant biodiversity for agriculture?

- More pollinators
- More genetic diversity/variation
- More plant species
- Higher quality soil e.g/ more nitrates in the soil

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending