The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student.53
for eval would you write about theory of mind and extreme male brain?

I guess so, what else would there be to write about? And how it affects child development?
Original post by DarceyKuypers
I guess so, what else would there be to write about? And how it affects child development?

that's what I'm thinking, I dont see it as a 12 marker...
that's what I'm thinking, I dont see it as a 12 marker...

There is 100% enough to talk about though in order to get 12 marks.. Describing what autism is, explaining Theory of mind and including the Sally-Anne study by Baron-Cohen, extreme male brain, how it affects child development. Just depends how they would word it I guess, I wouldn't be confident in evaluating it though.
There is 100% enough to talk about though in order to get 12 marks.. Describing what autism is, explaining Theory of mind and including the Sally-Anne study by Baron-Cohen, extreme male brain, how it affects child development. Just depends how they would word it I guess, I wouldn't be confident in evaluating it though.

That's what I mean, I'm happy to describe it but not evaluate it

On the spec it didnt ask us to evaluate so i doubt it's gonna ask us to do so :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose you could criticise the Sally-Anne Task?
Original post by blinkofaneyee
On the spec it didnt ask us to evaluate so i doubt it's gonna ask us to do so :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel been playing all sort of games this year in exams.. You never know😂
Edexcel been playing all sort of games this year in exams.. You never know😂

all it asks in the spec is: describe the characteristics of and two explanations for one of the following: no eval :biggrin:
all it asks in the spec is: describe the characteristics of and two explanations for one of the following: no eval :biggrin:

I know, I was joking :smile: Good luck everyone reading this 👍🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure how obvious this is, but ive noticed that in order to pick up marks i've noticed that the examiners really emphasise on 'contextualising'. I was reading through the examiner report for UNIT 3 JAN 2011 add comments like: It is essential that A2 level candidates engage with methodology appropriate to the application studied. Application and engagement is what defi nes the A2 candidate. This application should be explicit, linking to typical EWT procedures and apparatus can help. It is not enough to give the name of the hypothetical individual in the question stem:
If the question includes reference to EWT, the answer must directly refer to it too. More generic questions can be asked e.g. ‘Why might a fi eld experiment be more appropriate than a laboratory experiment’ and generic answers in this case will be accepted. It is important to distinguish between the generic and applied questions:
Name dropping research or vague descriptions are rarely specifi c or detailed enough to gain credit. Generic method evaluation is not suffi cient at this level.

AVOID GENERIC ANSWERS PEOPLE! EVEN IF IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE IT KEEP LIKNING BACK- KEEPS THE EXAMINER HAPPY AND THE LIKHOOD OF GAINING GOOD MARKS IS LIKELY :smile:
Does anyone have that one page revision sheet for the whole of Unit 3 please?
for eval would you write about theory of mind and extreme male brain?

We can't be asked to evaluate the theories

for the key issue for criminal, is yuille and cutshall and loftus and paler AO1 or Ao2

I'm guessing your key issue is Is EWT reliable? Those studies would be AO2
Original post by ManLikeMem
Does anyone have that one page revision sheet for the whole of Unit 3 please?

What one? I made this one for child and criminal :smile:
Any last minute predictions????😭
No where near ready

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FemaleBo55
Any last minute predictions????😭
No where near ready

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both practicals and both key issues to be safe, 44th thieves study, loftus and Palmer, then a whole load of research methods probably 😅
Both practicals and both key issues to be safe, 44th thieves study, loftus and Palmer, then a whole load of research methods probably 😅

What about the content??? I hate research I can't seem to remember them..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by FemaleBo55
What about the content??? I hate research I can't seem to remember them..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want autism to be on there

How are you gona answer? :lol: like I think I'm gona do the 12 markers first if they're simple, or if not at least plan them and go back when I've answered some of the easier questions

I bet there will be definitions in there like last year's (2015) Unit 2, I only know crime, ASB, recidivism and attachment lol
Original post by rileystringer1
I want autism to be on there

How are you gona answer? :lol: like I think I'm gona do the 12 markers first if they're simple, or if not at least plan them and go back when I've answered some of the easier questions

I bet there will be definitions in there like last year's (2015) Unit 2, I only know crime, ASB, recidivism and attachment lol

What is the definition of recidivism??

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the definition of recidivism??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally 1 word: reoffending. It came up in my mock and I wrote 2 or 3 sentences and my teacher showed us the mark scheme and you literally only had to write "reoffending" to get the mark, everything else was superfluous :smile:
Original post by rileystringer1
Literally 1 word: reoffending. It came up in my mock and I wrote 2 or 3 sentences and my teacher showed us the mark scheme and you literally only had to write "reoffending" to get the mark, everything else was superfluous :smile:

Thank you!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending