The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Do we necessarily need to know what ASBO is??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Do we necessarily need to know what ASBO is??

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I think you can just drop it in if they ask for the definition of antisocial behaviour but they've asked that in 2+ past papers before so it's unlikely to come up :smile:
Original post by 08graya
What one? I made this one for child and criminal :smile:

Thank you brother life saver!
can they ask us to describe koluchova\rutters era study???
Original post by OrdinaryStudent

I don't think they can ask about it specifically :smile: it'll more likely be a question if the effects of privation are reversible or not and you'd mention them
Original post by OrdinaryStudent

Have you not seen the spec? :lol:
You can be asked to describe research into privation and its reversibility yes, so Genie, Koluchova, Freud and Dann, Rutter etc. but you won't be asked to describe any one in particular
To say I haven't really revised at all until now and I had issues when we started Child so I got really behind, I feel like I know it quite well :colondollar:

Zen.
Will it matter if my key issue for child is on daycare and the effects of it on the development of the child but my practical is on the negative effects of deprivation??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FemaleBo55
Will it matter if my key issue for child is on daycare and the effects of it on the development of the child but my practical is on the negative effects of deprivation??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought your key issue and practical had to be on the same thing for each topic? I'm not 100% sure though, and they probably won't both come up within one unit so they won't know anyway!
Original post by FemaleBo55

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah don't worry
Original post by psychemma
I thought your key issue and practical had to be on the same thing for each topic? I'm not 100% sure though, and they probably won't both come up within one unit so they won't know anyway!

Yes but I couldn't find anything for the key issue related to deprivation so I just did daycare :frown: hopefully they don't :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ManLikeMem
Does anyone have that one page revision sheet for the whole of Unit 3 please?

I think this might help; it contains child and criminal psych- its not mine got it off someone on this thread
Good luck guys!!
How did everyone find it??? I'm not really sure tbh, it could have been nicer but then again it wasn't the worst!
Original post by 08graya
How did everyone find it??? I'm not really sure tbh, it could have been nicer but then again it wasn't the worst!

Not gonna lie I thought it was a nice paper!! I liked all of child and felt like I knew what to say about all of the questions (evening evaluating the case study which I did not revise)

Criminal wasn't that bad but I'm kind of disappointed because for the 12 marker I wrote a nice description of SLT then only could think of one comparison point so I suppose the absolute max I can get is 7

Note to self: work on comparison for Unit 4!!!!!
Child 12 marker was so similar to the unit 2 12 marker last year????

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys, would positive contributions be a strength for bowlby's theory of attachment?
so for example how skin to skin is not encourages and parents are kept with the infants to not disturb the attachment?
Also, what did you guys write for a comparison between token economy and anger management?
That was actually not as nightmare-ish as I thought it would be!
The crime 12 marker threw me off and I really don't know if I've done it right. I explained the scenario in terms of SLT, then I said how EPT would explain it then I made comparisons between the two :colondollar:

Child 12 marker was really good too, I like Genie hahah
Original post by lauraEdexcel
Also, what did you guys write for a comparison between token economy and anger management?

I spoke about the short term and long term affects between the two

Quick Reply

Latest