The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emsyp6
In the grid about primary & secondly response asking for speed and quantity of antibodies produced, what kind of this were we meant to put in the boxes?! Seemed a bit vague! I just put low & high kind of thing... 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

For primary I put: - Low for number of antibodies produced
- Short (not sure if it was right)

For secondary I put: - High
- Long (again not sure if this was right)
Reply 701
Original post by Lion2121

Good! I was just hoping we weren't meant to have learnt specific figures!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Random573
What did people put for the questions you had to make up? I remember for one of the answers I wrote fungi (the top one)

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Fungi
- Does it feed autotrophically?
- Does it have a true nucleus?
Reply 703
- Fungi
- Does it feed autotrophically?
- Does it have a true nucleus?

Would I get the mark for just saying does it have a nucleus? I didn't put true 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 704
do you have to write 'true' nucleus because i just wrote nucleus
Think you'd probably get both true nucleus and nucleus

I thought primary was longer than secondary due for the fact you don't have memory cells etc, but otherwise I got the same answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GetOverHere
I thought primary was longer than secondary due for the fact you don't have memory cells etc, but otherwise I got the same answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't it the length of the immune response though?

So I was thinking secondary response is faster than primary response due to memory cells, but secondary immune response lasts longer due to the antibody concentration staying higher for longer
Wasn't it the length of the immune response though?

So I was thinking secondary response is faster than primary response due to memory cells, but secondary immune response lasts longer due to the antibody concentration staying higher for longer

It was the duration of the response I think. I was thinking that it was shorter because you've wiped out the infection quicker, so you don't need the prolong the response any further.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GetOverHere
It was the duration of the response I think. I was thinking that it was shorter because you've wiped out the infection quicker, so you don't need the prolong the response any further.

Posted from TSR Mobile

IMMUNE RESPONSE.jpg

The whole duration of the secondary response is longer though.

Primary response is 28 days
Secondary response in +28 days
IMMUNE RESPONSE.jpg

The whole duration of the secondary response is longer though.

Primary response is 28 days
Secondary response in +28 days

You're probably right then, tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 711
Hi guys has anyone got the unofficial mark scheme for yesterday's F212 2016 retake
Reply 712
Original post by CurleysWife
For the question on the dichotomous key question, I wrote 'Does it have fertilised eggs that develop into blastula?'. Would that be correct?

This paper was awful.

Also on the last questions where you had to say why the statements were incorrect... I agreed with the statements LMAO?

That paper was a joke! It was so bad worse than last years! I'm actually scared I did rubbish
Reply 713
Original post by Redman789
Repeats ? I think wrote that .... hopefully i did ! Maybe a larger range perhaps i dunno

Yeah I wrote to do repeats and use larger range I hope that's right in the mark scheme 😞
Reply 714
Original post by kiasne
what was that! i'm going to fail

That paper was horrible I'm gonna do so bad 😭 What on earth was OCR playing at
I think I would have done better if I didn't turn up :colonhash:

I'm resitting a B to get more UMS for an A overall at A2 so luckily it's not the end of the world. I just need 13 extra UMS across F214 and F215 now to get my A :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
If you get like an A at AS overall and get A*s in A2 exams would you end up with an A* overall?

A* is 90% UMS across A2 units and 80% UMS overall (all AS and all A2 units)
Yeah I wasn't a massive fan of this paper either. For the 2 levels of biodiversity question I put species evenness and richness as you have to take them into account when calculating the diversity index? Kinda doubting myself now though 😕
Original post by egilford
Yeah I wasn't a massive fan of this paper either. For the 2 levels of biodiversity question I put species evenness and richness as you have to take them into account when calculating the diversity index? Kinda doubting myself now though 😕

It's any 2 of species biodiversity, habitat biodiversity or genetic biodiversity. Richness and evenness are criteria that you use in helping you to assess biodiversity, not necessarily the levels at which biodiversity can be considered. When they say levels, they mean which aspects of an ecosystem can you measure the biodiversity of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egilford

I wrote genetic diversity and habitat diversity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending