The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WuMyster
Most difficult C2 paper I've done. Don't know why the lorry couldn't fit. Got a height of 4.992 or something.

oh my **** same struggle, i was so confused by that part... liKE WTF
Most difficult C2 paper I've done. Don't know why the lorry couldn't fit. Got a height of 4.992 or something.

Yeah that's what I ended up having too :/

Yes i got that as well. bound to get marks for it
Reply 643
Didn't get time to finish the log graph at the end >.<

8 marks to draw a line!

I subbed the x=3.6 into the equation and got y=4.992 too. Not sure if this was correct or even why it couldn't fit!
Original post by erinls2
Yeah that's what I ended up having too :/

The height of the equation at x=1.2 was 3.392, along those lines anyway, the height of the lorry was 4.4. this means the lorry is higher than the roof of the tunnel meaning it wont fit through
the lorry was rectangluar but the curve wasn't, so you needed to find the height either side. which is why it told you it was symmetrical about X=3
Original post by jaseho98
oh my **** same struggle, i was so confused by that part... liKE WTF[i/QUOTE]

Think you had to plug in X = 1.2 or 4.8 as they were the max height for van with width 3.6m. (Think about a tunnel as how you get closer to one side the roof gets lower) then the value for y was 4.352 or something which is less than 4.4
What intercept and gradient did you guys get for the log graph question? Obviously they'll all be a bit different, but roughly.

I got 0.65 for the intercept and 0.185 for the gradient
What did you guys get for the answers to the series questions?
Original post by ScalyJake
What intercept and gradient did you guys get for the log graph question? Obviously they'll all be a bit different, but roughly.

I got 0.65 for the intercept and 0.185 for the gradient

I got exactly the same as that
The log graph was awful, felt impossible to draw a best line of fit, ended up with y intercept of 0.6 and gradient 0.2 which seems way off
Original post by Crozzer24
The log graph was awful, felt impossible to draw a best line of fit, ended up with y intercept of 0.6 and gradient 0.2 which seems way off

got the same man
[QUOTE="Crozzer24;65554227"]
Original post by jaseho98
oh my **** same struggle, i was so confused by that part... liKE WTF[i/QUOTE]

Think you had to plug in X = 1.2 or 4.8 as they were the max height for van with width 3.6m. (Think about a tunnel as how you get closer to one side the roof gets lower) then the value for y was 4.352 or something which is less than 4.4

Thats what I got :smile:
Original post by Tyler213
What did you guys get for the answers to the series questions?

The first I got 10+5+10 so 25 and the second one I got 0
Why did I do 10^0.7 for my y intercept :frown:
i think the range will be large because all the points differed so muchh
Original post by Crozzer24

This is exactly what i got
i got 10^0.55 for my intercept and 0.2 for my gradient

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending