The Student Room Group

AQA MM03 8th June 2016 Exam Discussion

I cannot find a thread for this
So how did it go

It was the worst exam I've ever sat in my life.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Horrible Paper!!!
Even can't finish it.... horrible...
Reply 2
Original post by Franken
Horrible Paper!!!
Even can't finish it.... horrible...

I lost hope by the time the first projectile question kicked in. By the time I reached question 6 I was thinking "well I'm going to miss my offer. Am I going to my insurance? Do i want to study science anymore? What am I doing here, I could be sleeping"
Reply 3
Original post by C0balt
I lost hope by the time the first projectile question kicked in. By the time I reached question 6 I was thinking "well I'm going to miss my offer. Am I going to my insurance? Do i want to study science anymore? What am I doing here, I could be sleeping"

Hopefully, other students didnt do well in this exam thurs the grade boundaries is low...
Hopefully...
I didn't answer ~30 marks worth of questions. Averaged 92% on past papers, dropped probably 40 marks on this

Posted from TSR Mobile
What the actual f*** was that paper? I have never seen something like it. Dropped probably half the marks, and that is providing I made no stupid mistakes. I hope an A is 20/75
That was quite possibly the hardest mechanics paper I've seen at A-Level...
The first 3 questions were okay. The remaining questions were the strict definition of NOT OKAY
dat was hard :bandit::bandit:
Reply 9
Edexcel m1 paper was so hard specially the Q7 question part ! . i left this question plank and it was worth 7 marks , and the other hard one was Q2

Spoiler

That was terrible but I didn't think it wasn't as bad as FP3, at least I didn't cry this time.
Reply 12
Original post by jjsnyder
I didn't answer ~30 marks worth of questions. Averaged 92% on past papers, dropped probably 40 marks on this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same
I thought I was good at mechanics, and I was counting on M2 and M3 to secure A* in FM but apparently not.
I'm not sure if it is possible for boundaries to be so low that 40/75 could be an A. Lol. I can only laugh at this point.
Original post by Vicky_Ellis
That was terrible but I didn't think it wasn't as bad as FP3, at least I didn't cry this time.

No way FP3 was a harmless angel compared to this
I think we can all agree that was by far the hardest mechanics 3 paper. I was hoping for an A lmao no chance. Q7 was an absolute joke. Can anyone remember some of the answers?
I was considering doing this exam, in retrospect I am very smart.
Reply 15
Original post by ThusSpakeAlex
I was considering doing this exam, in retrospect I am very smart.

The smartest person is not the one who got full marks in this exam but the one who decided against sitting it 😂
Original post by C0balt
The smartest person is not the one who got full marks in this exam but the one who decided against sitting it 😂

I'm afraid for FP2 now, considering FP3 was way harder than usual and m3 somehow worse...

Btw I didn't do this module because of relative motion geometry, was it a geometrical or algebraic one today?
Original post by ThusSpakeAlex
I'm afraid for FP2 now, considering FP3 was way harder than usual and m3 somehow worse...

Btw I didn't do this module because of relative motion geometry, was it a geometrical or algebraic one today?

Take a wild guess. Which is usually the harder of the two? There's your answer. I did the 8 marker by sine rule. It was a nightmare and the velocities formed a quadrilateral.
Original post by samthomas18
hahahahah idiots! if you think that was hard god knows what you were doing for 'revision'. You just had to read the questions properly - maybe the problem here is that you cant read.

Sam T

Shut up you absolute cretin
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Take a wild guess. Which is usually the harder of the two? There's your answer. I did the 8 marker by sine rule. It was a nightmare and the velocities formed a quadrilateral.

I can feel your pain from here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending