The Student Room Group

A Level A2 Media Studies OCR 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find that? Hope you all did well :smile:)
Original post by De Re Publica

1A and B were great:biggrin:

B was a bit of a curve ball- liked it though!
Original post by IzzyWatkins
1A and B were great:biggrin:

B was a bit of a curve ball- liked it though!

How many marks riding on a conclusion for B?
How many marks riding on a conclusion for B?

I wouldn't think too many- I didn't manage to write a conclusion for 1A in time (did the paper back to front)
I wouldn't think too many- I didn't manage to write a conclusion for 1A in time (did the paper back to front)

I didn't manage to conclude for section B (I did postmodernism) which sucks!!!
I didn't manage to conclude for section B (I did postmodernism) which sucks!!!

I did postmodernism too! What question did you choose?
I did postmodernism too! What question did you choose?

10 how about you??
(edited 7 years ago)
10 how about you??

Yeah, same. Didn't like the sound of the other one at all D: a lot of people in my class went for it weirdly
Yeah, same. Didn't like the sound of the other one at all D: a lot of people in my class went for it weirdly

Did you evaluate with your opinion throughout? That's what I did - not sure if that was the way to go about answering the question though
does anyone know who many pages a standard answer booklet has? I ended up using 2 extra sets of additional paper, so I'm freaking out because I might have left a bunch of blank pages by accident! Good luck with the rest of your exams :smile:
Original post by hagridhair
does anyone know who many pages a standard answer booklet has? I ended up using 2 extra sets of additional paper, so I'm freaking out because I might have left a bunch of blank pages by accident! Good luck with the rest of your exams :smile:

I used two extra booklets too! Cheers good luck to you too !
Did you evaluate with your opinion throughout? That's what I did - not sure if that was the way to go about answering the question though

Yeah, after each point I tended to relate it back to the question in one way or another. I wrote opinions at the beginning and end, not after every point though.

I'm sure what you did was fine- I wasn't so sure on my technique but really that sort of question is kinda just asking for examples and theorists and whatnot. :P
Original post by hagridhair

The answer booklets are 12 pages I think, and the continuation booklets are 4:smile:
Original post by needanewusername
The answer booklets are 12 pages I think, and the continuation booklets are 4:smile:

Oh god, now i"m freaking out because I didn't even finish 1 D:

I hope everyone has huge handwriting or something....
Oh god, now i"m freaking out because I didn't even finish 1 D:

I hope everyone has huge handwriting or something....

Oh no I'm sure you did fine:smile: Most of the people who got onto the continuation booklet from my school at least had quite big handwriting, and at the end of the day if you mentioned lots of the theories and everything that's all the examiners are really looking for, and by the sounds of things you did

My AQA exam was good xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending