The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial college medicine summer reading list

To any current Imperial medical students,
Can anyone tell me what books are on the summer reading list we get before we start? I'm (hopefully) off to imperial in October and I'm curious
Original post by Dinosaur MD
To any current Imperial medical students,
Can anyone tell me what books are on the summer reading list we get before we start? I'm (hopefully) off to imperial in October and I'm curious

Heya, I've moved this to the ICL forum for you :h: hopefully you get some replies here. If not, it's worth contacting admissions or the medical department yourself. Best of luck :h:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Heya, I've moved this to the ICL forum for you :h: hopefully you get some replies here. If not, it's worth contacting admissions or the medical department yourself. Best of luck :h:

Eh, there's no summer reading persay. They ease you into it really gently as biology is not a requirement at A Level, but the first term is almost entirely A Level biology based.

If you're desperate, Essential Cell Biology is the book which Molecules, Cells and Disease is based on - but there are copies in the library + it's a monster of a book to just 'read'.

Honestly, have fun and enjoy the summer. You won't be at any disadvantage by not doing any reading, unless you didn't do biology A level, in which case I recommend you get Essential Cell biology and work your way through it.
Reply 4
Original post by Marshton
Eh, there's no summer reading persay. They ease you into it really gently as biology is not a requirement at A Level, but the first term is almost entirely A Level biology based.

If you're desperate, Essential Cell Biology is the book which Molecules, Cells and Disease is based on - but there are copies in the library + it's a monster of a book to just 'read'.

Honestly, have fun and enjoy the summer. You won't be at any disadvantage by not doing any reading, unless you didn't do biology A level, in which case I recommend you get Essential Cell biology and work your way through it.

Thanks- I'd heard that we had to finish a list of books, you've taken a weight off my mind :smile:
Original post by Dinosaur MD
Thanks- I'd heard that we had to finish a list of books, you've taken a weight off my mind :smile:

Eh, not as far as I'm aware. There might be a recommended reading list, but you wouldn't necessarily be at a disadvantage. Anything of importance will be taught formally in lectures/tutorials.

Quick Reply

Latest