The Student Room Group

CCEA C4 - 8th June 2016

haven't found a thread yet for this so here we go!
how is everyone feeling about this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sparklez10
haven't found a thread yet for this so here we go!
how is everyone feeling about this exam?

Honestly dreading it after the disaster that was c3 :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Golden hawk
Honestly dreading it after the disaster that was c3 :frown:

Good luck tomorrow!! Abs bricking it
Reply 3
Wow!
This board is very busy!
:colone:
Reply 4
How did everyone find it? Anyone got the paper handy too?
Reply 5
Original post by 9clpc9
How did everyone find it? Anyone got the paper handy too?

All fine up until 6,7,8.

I swear i only got question 8 cause i realised that differntial equations hadnt came up yet lol. I kid you not when i say about 50% of people in our exam hall did not see that and i do feel really bad for them beacuse it is impossible to salvage any marks if you didnt start it right.
Reply 6
Original post by Mr.bob
All fine up until 6,7,8.

I swear i only got question 8 cause i realised that differntial equations hadnt came up yet lol. I kid you not when i say about 50% of people in our exam hall did not see that and i do feel really bad for them beacuse it is impossible to salvage any marks if you didnt start it right.

Yeah same here! What did you get for 6? Haha I thought that too or else I wouldn't have worked it out. Same situation at my school as well, some had no idea to do the last question
Reply 7
Original post by 9clpc9
Yeah same here! What did you get for 6? Haha I thought that too or else I wouldn't have worked it out. Same situation at my school as well, some had no idea to do the last question

6 was the proof wasnt it? I just expanded out the top expression and then divide by cosQ/x and then sinQ/x cant remember the sequence though and then you could reaarange that to substitue into the top and bottom lines of the 2nd expression thwy provided.

Also couldnt for the life of me integrate 7 correctly :frown: but i just carried on like i knew what i was doin so hopefully there will be ECF marks

Im actually kind of impressed that ccea could make somehting worse than c3.
Hope that worked, but that's the paper, excuse the scribbling haha
For question 7 (the volume of resolution) did anyone get 9 pi/ 4 -1
Original post by Smcdonald98
For question 7 (the volume of resolution) did anyone get 9 pi/ 4 -1

You're right! you just forgot to multiply through by pi at the end (pi Y^2) so the final answer should have been 9pi^2/4 - pi. but you'll only lose a mark for that so happy days!
Here are my answers for the exam! If anyone agrees please reply haha!
1. 2lnx -3ln(2-x) + c
3. pi/4, pi/2, 3pi/4 [+- for all of them]
5ii. stationary point at (-2, -1) and d2y/dx^2 = -1/2 therefore stationary point is a maximum
6. Used compound angles and divide top and bottom by cosxcosa and proved it correctly
7. 9pi2/4 - pi
Reply 12
Original post by harrytqo
1. 2lnx -3ln(2-x) + c
5ii. stationary point at (-2, -1) and d2y/dx^2 = -1/2 therefore stationary point is a maximum
6. Used compound angles and divide top and bottom by cosxcosa and proved it correctly
7. 9pi2/4 - pi

I agree with all apart from Q7 - got pi(9/8pi+1) myself but who knows. Does sqrt(26) sound familiar for vectors question?
Reply 13
[QUOTE="harrytqo;65557657"]You're right! you just forgot to multiply through by pi

Original post by Mr.bob
6 was the proof wasnt it? I just expanded out the top expression and then divide by cosQ/x and then sinQ/x cant remember the sequence though and then you could reaarange that to substitue into the top and bottom lines of the 2nd expression thwy provided.

Also couldnt for the life of me integrate 7 correctly :frown: but i just carried on like i knew what i was doin so hopefully there will be ECF marks

Im actually kind of impressed that ccea could make somehting worse than c3.

Sorry I gave you the wrong question, it was the one with the implicit diferentiation, sorry about that. Yeah cheers! Aww it was definitely worse than c3 :frown: Compared to other years, I think this was just a tiny bit easier than either the Jun/Jan 2014 one
Reply 14
Original post by Q12345
I agree with all apart from Q7 - got pi(9/8pi+1) myself but who knows. Does sqrt(26) sound familiar for vectors question?

Yeah I got root26!
For the volume question did anyone do integration by substitution. And will i get marks for this? I got 1+sin2x = u and then solved it that way.
Reply 16
Original post by harrytqo
1. 2lnx -3ln(2-x) + c
7. 9pi2/4 - pi

Oh sugar forgot to consider cosQ = 0 damn how did i not realise especially when the question is 8 markd
the correct answer to question 7 was 9pi^2/8 +pi

i got 9pi^2/8 - pi :frown:
do yous think that would only lose 1 mark?
Reply 18
Did anyone get 3pi^2/4 + 5pi/4 for the area in question 7?
Thought the paper was harder than usual tbh but these are the answers I got
1. 2ln(x)-3ln(2-x)+c
2i. root 26
ii. r=(1,3,5) + λ(-3,4,-1)
iii. No as λ is not constant
3. pi/4, pi/2, 3pi/4 [+- for all of them].
4i. 5/(2x+4)
ii. (5/x)-1 Domain: x does not equal 0.
iii. graph of the right hand side of an x^2 curve.
iv(a). hg(x)
iv(b). h^-1f(x)
iv(c). gg(x)
5i. Prove Differentiation.
ii. Stationary point at (-2,-1) and it is a max with the value of d2y/dx2=-1/2
6. Proving trig identity.
7. volume= (9π^2/8)+π
8.(1/2)e^2y=(1/2)x^2ln(x)-(1/4)x^2+(1/4)(2e^4+1)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending