The Student Room Group

WJEC C3/C4 8th/17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayaz789
Personally i think they were both equally as hard , this years and last years! I think i got 65/75 now which im scared might not be an A*:frown: if i got a High A in C3 and a high A* in C4, will i get an A*?

I hope you're right!
If you had got 65/75 last year, you would have got more than 90 UMS so don't worry too much. :smile:
You don't get A*s in individual modules, but basically it needs to add up to 180 from C3 and C4 (and 480/600 across all six modules). Configuration doesn't matter; can be 90/90, 85/95, 100/80 or anything else. :smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
It'll get you around 79 i think:smile:

thank you :smile: how did you find the paper generally?
Original post by Ayaz789
Sorry i got 2.3:/

I got 2.3 as well! :woo:
Original post by Sznsnsn
I had -sec^3(3t)/8 I think?

Yep, if u simply it u get the same as my answer.
Anyone got a copy of the exam paper to see the questions?
Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh okay thanks:smile: Top man:biggrin: dw you'll have done well, have a bit of faith haha:tongue: so i should aim for like 68/75 in C4 which should be achieveable if it isn't too hard:colondollar:

I think I'm going to need 100 UMS in C4... :/
I just don't understand how I managed to cock up question 2. Other than that, it seems everyone struggled with the same stuff I did (circles question and 1b).

Although it was quite nice that the last question was literally pulled term for term from a past paper. :rofl:
What did everyone get for the simpson question?
Original post by Ayaz789
Yeahh true q10 was nice:smile: even i get an A in Maths ill be happy though tbh as i do need an A in Maths:biggrin: but it'll be amazing if i get an A* so aiming for A*:smile:

Just have to hope that C4 isn't as hard as last year. :smile:
@IrrationalRoot, can you explain how you got your answers to question 2, please? :colondollar:
Didn't spot the invalid x = 2! God damnit
you know if you get all the workings right but your answer is wrong, do you get all the marks?
Original post by Hydeman
@IrrationalRoot, can you explain how you got your answers to question 2, please? :colondollar:

I'm not entirely sure whether my answers are correct, the first equation was something like
3cosecT(cosecT-1)=cot^2 T + some constant, can you remember what the eqn was?

EDIT: LaTeX is being stupid so I wrote it without, T being theta.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
I think I'm going to need 100 UMS in C4... :/
I just don't understand how I managed to cock up question 2. Other than that, it seems everyone struggled with the same stuff I did (circles question and 1b).

Although it was quite nice that the last question was literally pulled term for term from a past paper. :rofl:

I knew I had seen q10 before! I'm sure you have done well, good luck with c4!
what is 57/75 in UMS?
Original post by caitanna98
what is 57/75 in UMS?

that is 76%, and we dont know UMS boundaries yet, but that should be a low A
I reckon I got at least 58/75. Hoping it's enough for just an A!!
Original post by Hydeman
How did people find it? Easier or harder than recent papers?
That synoptic circles question... :angry:

Could you help me with the circle question and counter example?
Original post by BubbleLover98
I reckon I got at least 58/75. Hoping it's enough for just an A!!

I reckon it will be as low as last years. Although for some reason there was no proof or trigonometric graph sketching. Spent so much effort on them...
Does anyone remember the parametric question
where do you think you lost the marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending