The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mowerharvey
Honestly I'm struggling, but I'm struggling less than last year so hopefully I'll be able to get that B overall :smile:.

Was history the only subject where you didn't get the grade you needed? If so it's harsh you didn't get in

Its hard. A lot of it is still a muddle but seeing as though I wrote about 2 sentences for Part A last year I feel like I can at least write a little bit more!

And yes - just History! I'm not even taking it as a degree!

Hopefully we can get our B's! :-)
Reply 341
Has anyone got any highly marked part B essays they could share? :smile:
Reply 342
For the golden years, would Stresemann's Locarno pact and Treaty of Berlin come under political paragraph or would it be better to write a whole paragraph on foreign policy?
Original post by IH5976
For the golden years, would Stresemann's Locarno pact and Treaty of Berlin come under political paragraph or would it be better to write a whole paragraph on foreign policy?

Better to write a paragraph on his successes in foreign policy
Does anyone have an essay or plan on consolidation?
Reply 345
Original post by AJC1997
The whole of A level History is out of 400 UMS so if you got a C at AS that would be at least 120/200 UMS there, that leaves 120 UMS needed at A2 to get a C overall. An A in the coursework is 64 UMS so that leaves you needing 56 UMS for this exam which equates to a high E (35/70) to get a C overall.

If that's what you're asking, or if you mean how many marks to get a C just in this exam it would be about 43/70 going off of last years boundaries.

Hi,

I got 156 ums last year and I got an A in my coursework so how many ums do I need this year to get an A overall?
Reply 346
can someone give an example for a WW2 morale question?
Original post by a2ggg
Hi,

I got 156 ums last year and I got an A in my coursework so how many ums do I need this year to get an A overall?

you need 320/400 UMS in total for an A, so 156 + 64 (coursework) would leave you needing 100 UMS for this exam which is a mid/low A around 57/70 or so.
Reply 348
Original post by AJC1997
you need 320/400 UMS in total for an A, so 156 + 64 (coursework) would leave you needing 100 UMS for this exam which is a mid/low A around 57/70 or so.

Okay thanks a bunch,

So would that mean I would only need 60 ums in the exam to get a B overall?
Original post by a2ggg
Okay thanks a bunch,

So would that mean I would only need 60 ums in the exam to get a B overall?

yup exactly
Reply 350
Original post by AJC1997
yup exactly

Wow, looks like ill be going for the A then since anything half marks or over is a B overall either way.

Thanks again
Original post by aubergine7
I know it's debatable, but would you agree that it is realistic to suggest that these are the topics most likely to come up for part A (1 being very likely, 2 being less etc)
1. Wartime opposition
2. Final solution
3. WW2 morale
4. Weimar golden years
5. Nazi consolidation of power
6. Threats to Weimar in early years 1919-23
7. WW2 economy
8. Kaiser (autocracy/ democracy..)
9. Impact of WW1
10. Nazi rise to power
11. Economic development 1900-1919

Posted from TSR Mobile

The top 5 are the topics my teacher is predicting and he almost predicted the wording of last year's two question bang on. Urgh I hope he's correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grassntai
The top 5 are the topics my teacher is predicting and he almost predicted the wording of last year's two question bang on. Urgh I hope he's correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what type of question could be asked for 'Wartime opposition' and 'WW2 Morale' ?
Reply 353
Original post by AJC1997
is there anything I'm missing for exam structure here?

Section A:

Introduction (5-7 minutes)

5 main body paragraphs, for example (agree/agree/agree/disagree/disagree) balance depends on the question (is there a need to have a paragraph with a 'middle' argument for section A?)

Conclusion (5 minutes)

Section B:

Introduction

Paragraph 1: argument for the opinion in the question

Paragraph 2: argument against the opinion in the question

Paragraph 3: argument that covers a middle way, combination of for and against the opinion in the question

Conclusion

The part B is how I would do it but for the Part A I wouldn't stress about having 5 main paragraphs. Depending on the question you can stick to just having 3 detailed paragraphs with lots of evidence in them. E,g Social, Political, Economic
Reply 354
Original post by AJC1997
what type of question could be asked for 'Wartime opposition' and 'WW2 Morale' ?

The only opposition question that has come up before is "To what extent did the Nazi Regime face serious opposition within Germany during the years 1939-1945?"

For morale its typically about the war economy or the final solution.
Reply 355
Original post by AJC1997
The whole of A level History is out of 400 UMS so if you got a C at AS that would be at least 120/200 UMS there, that leaves 120 UMS needed at A2 to get a C overall. An A in the coursework is 64 UMS so that leaves you needing 56 UMS for this exam which equates to a high E (35/70) to get a C overall.

If that's what you're asking, or if you mean how many marks to get a C just in this exam it would be about 43/70 going off of last years boundaries.

Hi, i need an A this year and last year i got 162 UMS. I got 47/50 in my course work do you know what UMS and raw mark i need to get an A overall? Hoping my course work will boost my grade!!
Original post by IH5976
Hi, i need an A this year and last year i got 162 UMS. I got 47/50 in my course work do you know what UMS and raw mark i need to get an A overall? Hoping my course work will boost my grade!!

86 UMS / 50/70 / low B

the raw mark is going off of last years grade boundaries but should be a close enough estimate.
Reply 357
Original post by AJC1997
86 UMS / 50/70 / low B

the raw mark is going off of last years grade boundaries but should be a close enough estimate.

Thats great, thank you :smile:
Reply 358
hi, does anyone know if there is a similar thread to this one for history edexcel a2 on the cold war?
Original post by aubergine7
I know it's debatable, but would you agree that it is realistic to suggest that these are the topics most likely to come up for part A (1 being very likely, 2 being less etc)
1. Wartime opposition
2. Final solution
3. WW2 morale
4. Weimar golden years
5. Nazi consolidation of power
6. Threats to Weimar in early years 1919-23
7. WW2 economy
8. Kaiser (autocracy/ democracy..)
9. Impact of WW1
10. Nazi rise to power
11. Economic development 1900-1919

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are there anymore possible topics which could come up in the A question or would you say this is a pretty comprehensive overview? ^_^

Quick Reply