The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moment of truth
I don't really deserve to be on here! but thank you and congratulations for passing! :party:

You've been great, trust me. :yep: Thank you! :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
Passed my year at uni! :woo:

I just want to thank everyone in here who has been encouraging me with my academic work (and my mental health, obviously) ever since I joined the MHSS last year. Honestly, without the support of this, my wonderful family, and my awesome boyfriend, I would probably be a hobo living on the streets. :sadnod: So thank you, all of you. I mean it. You're all so wonderful :jumphug:

Please excuse me if I forget anyone. Can't tag you, Anonymous#1, but you've been awesome too.

(I've probably forgotten someone, sorry! :colondollar:)

Congratulations! :party:
I'm over the moon for you and I'm also very proud of you! :hugs:

Thank you so much for the mention :h: I'm glad I have been able to help you in some way as you have helped me a lot over the last year or so with everything and I really appreciate that :smile: I'm always just a message away if you need me :smile:

Have a great summer, you deserve it! :hugs:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Congratulations! :party:
I'm over the moon for you and I'm also very proud of you! :hugs:

Thank you so much for the mention :h: I'm glad I have been able to help you in some way as you have helped me a lot over the last year or so with everything and I really appreciate that :smile: I'm always just a message away if you need me :smile:

Have a great summer, you deserve it! :hugs:

Aw, thank you. :hugs:

I am glad that your GP has agreed with you about your OCD therapist. I'm really proud that you told them the problems and the uselessness of the therapist, and I hope things will start to improve for you with your treatment! :hugs:
That really awkward moment when you forget the awesome @Deyesy. :facepalm: :ashamed2:

I am so sorry, will you forgive me? You've been brilliant these last few weeks, honestly.
I hardly post any more but do lurk and wanted to mention something about use of spoilers - the main one being, if you don't give an idea about what the topic of your post is, (ie give a trigger warning to a specific thing, like physical abuse, or eating disorders), then they are effectively redundant. Along with the fact that people seem to be using spoilers for random things/things that I don't think could be considered triggering to anyone, it gets confusing. Because if people are using them for other things *other than* triggering talk, then you are more likely to open the spoiler thinking it will just be a rant or something. And if you are posting triggering content and there is no warning about what it relates to, then you can get caught out. Not entirely sure if that makes any sense, but if you are going to go to the effort of making a spoiler, then please give a trigger warning (including specifics of what is triggering), otherwise it's no help to anyone in my opinion.
Original post by ScaryScience
I hardly post any more but do lurk and wanted to mention something about use of spoilers - the main one being, if you don't give an idea about what the topic of your post is, (ie give a trigger warning to a specific thing, like physical abuse, or eating disorders), then they are effectively redundant. Along with the fact that people seem to be using spoilers for random things/things that I don't think could be considered triggering to anyone, it gets confusing. Because if people are using them for other things *other than* triggering talk, then you are more likely to open the spoiler thinking it will just be a rant or something. And if you are posting triggering content and there is no warning about what it relates to, then you can get caught out. Not entirely sure if that makes any sense, but if you are going to go to the effort of making a spoiler, then please give a trigger warning (including specifics of what is triggering), otherwise it's no help to anyone in my opinion.

Makes a lot of sense and you're absolutely right. :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
Passed my year at uni! :woo:

I just want to thank everyone in here who has been encouraging me with my academic work (and my mental health, obviously) ever since I joined the MHSS last year. Honestly, without the support of this, my wonderful family, and my awesome boyfriend, I would probably be a hobo living on the streets. :sadnod: So thank you, all of you. I mean it. You're all so wonderful :jumphug:

Please excuse me if I forget anyone. Can't tag you, Anonymous#1, but you've been awesome too.

(I've probably forgotten someone, sorry! :colondollar:)

Well done!!!! (I thought id give a response!)
Youve done very well!!

Im new here so ive not been able to support you here, but i hope things are well for you!
I hope i can help to support you in the future!

How do i officially join the MHSS?
Original post by Airmed
Makes a lot of sense and you're absolutely right. :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: MASSIVE congratulations to you for getting through your first year at university. It is exceptionally tough and you've done brilliantly. :smile:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Well done!!!! (I thought id give a response!)
Youve done very well!!

Im new here so ive not been able to support you here, but i hope things are well for you!
I hope i can help to support you in the future!

How do i officially join the MHSS?

Posting in here means you've joined. :h:

And thank you!
Original post by Airmed
Posting in here means you've joined. :h:

And thank you!

Ah excellent! Ive defo joined then! :biggrin:
Do you thinm i post here too much?

No worries! I hope things stay good for you!
Ah excellent! Ive defo joined then! :biggrin:
Do you thinm i post here too much?

No worries! I hope things stay good for you!

You can post as much or as little as you want. :yep:

Original post by ScaryScience
Thank you :hugs: MASSIVE congratulations to you for getting through your first year at university. It is exceptionally tough and you've done brilliantly. :smile:

Aw, thank you so much! :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
You can post as much or as little as you want. :yep:

Ah excellent! Im probably gonna be posting a lot here tbh.
Please let me know if you want me to back it off a bit!
I'm just beyond fed up now. My day started fine with a good exam but I'm just annoyed now.
Original post by Airmed
That really awkward moment when you forget the awesome @Deyesy. :facepalm: :ashamed2:

I am so sorry, will you forgive me? You've been brilliant these last few weeks, honestly.

Ah it's absolutely fine! ^_^ I've not done anywhere as much as the people you've tagged and I was just happy to see you've pass this year hence the rep :h:

Ah excellent! Im probably gonna be posting a lot here tbh.
Please let me know if you want me to back it off a bit!

You're welcome to post as much or as little as you like in here :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy

You're welcome to post as much or as little as you like in here :smile:

Thankyou!! :smile: Im glad to hear that! I enjoy posting here!
But please let me know if you want me to back off a bit!
I enjoy helping others!
Thankyou :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just beyond fed up now. My day started fine with a good exam but I'm just annoyed now.

Aw no whats up? :hugs:
Thankyou!! :smile: Im glad to hear that! I enjoy posting here!
But please let me know if you want me to back off a bit!
I enjoy helping others!
Thankyou :smile:

From what I've seen from your posts, you're incredibly lovely and welcoming - people like that are always welcome in here ^^
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
From what I've seen from your posts in here, you're incredibly lovely and welcoming - people like that are always welcome in here ^^

Aww thankyou!!! Thats very kind of you to say that!
I want to try and make people happy when theyre struggling!
I shall stay here!! Its such a nice place to be!
ED TW

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Hey everyone :smile:

I just wanted to follow up FurryFace's post from about 5 and a half months ago on people's perceptions that the MHSS had changed and how or why this had happened.

People mentioned about 'regulars' not posting anymore and how it was difficult to keep up sometimes with the anonymous posters as reasons why they believed it had changed at time. I just wondered if people had any further thoughts on this? If there was anything that we could do to make this place even more supportive than it already is or promote the Mental Health forum in general? :smile:

It's been really quiet recently in here and in the mental health forum in general and we'd love to make more active ^^
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest