The Student Room Group

Eduqas BY2

How did everyone find this exam, EDUQAS, not wjec
Reply 1
Started off pretty easy but got harder towards the end. The questions on rabbit faeces were pretty **** lmao
what fish head was it talking about in the 9 marker?
I was so confused :frown:
Reply 3
i think it was about how fish can ventilate their gills by opening their mouth and closing their operculum, but axolotls can't because their gills are external?
Original post by Ishea16
what fish head was it talking about in the 9 marker?
I was so confused :frown:

I didnt click it was ventilation annoyingly! so i wrote a bit about how they have more stream line heads which means they can move in low oxygen environments requiring a lower energy and oxygen demand and then i did metion the mouth being used as ventilation but didnt even mention the operculum and saif that the atholotal cant do this as the gill are external. Then spoke about how both have counter current flow and that the axoltl can diffuse some gases through it's skin but this is inefficient in low oxygen environments.

So basically didn't explain ventilation as it didn't click but hey i should still get 5/9 marks and since the grade boundaires will be low and i feel i did okat on the rest of the paper, it should be okat over all
Original post by clairebear101
I didnt click it was ventilation annoyingly! so i wrote a bit about how they have more stream line heads which means they can move in low oxygen environments requiring a lower energy and oxygen demand and then i did metion the mouth being used as ventilation but didnt even mention the operculum and saif that the atholotal cant do this as the gill are external. Then spoke about how both have counter current flow and that the axoltl can diffuse some gases through it's skin but this is inefficient in low oxygen environments.

So basically didn't explain ventilation as it didn't click but hey i should still get 5/9 marks and since the grade boundaires will be low and i feel i did okat on the rest of the paper, it should be okat over all

i didnt click either, just went on and on about counter current and extensive capillaries in bony fish:s-smilie:
why would the grade boundaries be low?
Original post by Ishea16
i didnt click either, just went on and on about counter current and extensive capillaries in bony fish:s-smilie:
why would the grade boundaries be low?

I'm so shocked at why people think they would be high.
Right so last year (the old spec) and A was 71%. That spec was easy, the paper was a lot more accessible for a lot more people, there was more time and less application, people have really struggled and i dont believe it will be higher than 75% for an A, even then i expect it to be aounrf 68%.

As for the 9 marker, you and me shoudl still get around 5/6 marks out of 9 so dont worry too much
I'm so shocked at why people think they would be high.
Right so last year (the old spec) and A was 71%. That spec was easy, the paper was a lot more accessible for a lot more people, there was more time and less application, people have really struggled and i dont believe it will be higher than 75% for an A, even then i expect it to be aounrf 68%.

As for the 9 marker, you and me shoudl still get around 5/6 marks out of 9 so dont worry too much

if that's the case applying for medicine might still be possible:biggrin:
thanks for the hope!!
Original post by Ishea16
if that's the case applying for medicine might still be possible:biggrin:
thanks for the hope!!

im looking to apply as well, well i dont know tbh what the grade boundaries will be
im looking to apply as well, well i dont know tbh what the grade boundaries will be

really? thats cool
teachers at my college made it very clear that our predicted grades will be what we get on our AS only if you get a high mark in your grade then only can you be predicted a grade higher what you'd get in exams:s-smilie:
Original post by Ishea16
really? thats cool
teachers at my college made it very clear that our predicted grades will be what we get on our AS only if you get a high mark in your grade then only can you be predicted a grade higher what you'd get in exams:s-smilie:

same here but obvs it depends on how nice our teachers are. My college is 3000 people big and so i dont think it will be too hard to persuade a predicted grade of A for biology
did you guys put that hard or soft rabbit faeces was more nutritious?
Original post by derpman10
did you guys put that hard or soft rabbit faeces was more nutritious?

soft if i rememeber correctly u?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending