The Student Room Group

Missing my Maths GCSE Exam.

Hi, I'm going to miss my Maths exam on Thursday because I'm attending a funeral. If I miss the exam will I be able to retake the exam in the same week or month if I bring a note in?
Nope, you can't retake it this year at all, people who did the exam might have told you whats coming up. Either now or next year
Reply 2
Original post by Zakir786
Hi, I'm going to miss my Maths exam on Thursday because I'm attending a funeral. If I miss the exam will I be able to retake the exam in the same week or month if I bring a note in?

Not trynna be heartless, but either go to the funeral or get a maths GCSE...
You'll have to miss the funeral mate

Sorry its impossible to bring a note in and for everything to be fine. Even if u did bring a note the school would need to contact the exam board directly which is a bit late. You would have to retake maths gcse next year im afraid and things are completely changing and getting harder. If i were u I would do the exam. V sorry about this:frown: the exam is tomorrow so idek
Reply 4
Original post by ellamoon_22
Sorry its impossible to bring a note in and for everything to be fine. Even if u did bring a note the school would need to contact the exam board directly which is a bit late. You would have to retake maths gcse next year im afraid and things are completely changing and getting harder. If i were u I would do the exam. V sorry about this:frown: the exam is tomorrow so idek

He would get a U on results day if he only did paper 1. Or an F, if he did well on paper 1... If you miss an exam, you get a U for it no matter what -- controlled assessments / other exams can bring it up - but maths paper 2 is like 70% so...
Reply 5
I don't think you can get any special consideration unless it's the funeral of a parent. I could be wrong on this, but I do agree with what has been said above: it'll probably not be until next year you can sit the exam and with the spec change, it could be messy.
Original post by Jxrgezxk
He would get a U on results day if he only did paper 1. Or an F, if he did well on paper 1... If you miss an exam, you get a U for it no matter what -- controlled assessments / other exams can bring it up - but maths paper 2 is like 70% so...
exactly i feel bad for him tbh
Reply 7
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Nope, you can't retake it this year at all, people who did the exam might have told you whats coming up. Either now or next year

Yes, you get the November resits are available.
Reply 8
Original post by ellamoon_22
exactly i feel bad for him tbh

I had to miss my granddad's funeral on monday because of history - even though I did **** in it anyways. Its quite peak buttttt it's life & not trynna sound heartless but going to a funeral won't bring the person back & isn't worth failing a GCSE that'll stick with you forever ---
Reply 9

not trying to be heartless or anything but nah, you have to do it now or you cant do it again and with the new spec :/ funeral or have a GCSE in maths and not have to retake with a harder spec, yeah i'd pick GCSE. im sure your family will understand
Original post by Jxrgezxk
I had to miss my granddad's funeral on monday because of history - even though I did **** in it anyways. Its quite peak buttttt it's life & not trynna sound heartless but going to a funeral won't bring the person back & isn't worth failing a GCSE that'll stick with you forever ---

Yhh I totally agree so sorry for your loss by the way and hope ur actually pass history at least :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending