The Student Room Group

Msc Finance MBS

hello, I have recieved an offer for Msc Finance at Manchester Business School. Im writing here to ask how does this university stands against other target universities?
I have applied to other universities as well but still got no answers, so which other business schools should i consider?
Reply 1
MBS is a globally known business school with a good reputation, so it will definitely get you interviews for finance roles

When you say 'target' I assume you mean target for FO IB roles, and in my honest opinion I wouldn't consider it a target for such roles. That doesn't mean it won't land you interviews, but definitely will have less impact on a CV than a top tier school. If you got into MBS, you might want to consider trying for Warwick/Imperial as they are the next step up and definitely are targeted by top firms.

Bearing in mind, I don't think a top tier school is a guarantee for an interview either. If you have any previous experience in investment banking (summer analyst), you are already miles ahead and should probably just take Manchester!
Reply 2
Thanks for the answer. Granted by the fact I got rejected by cass I don't know if I have realistic chance for imperial or Warwick
Reply 3
Any more info about the business school? Maybe from someone that attended it?
Reply 4
Hello again! Seems like Warwick and imperial rejected me. My offers are Manchester and Durham. Which one is better regarded in the uk?
Reply 5
I seriously need some advice guys! The dilemma is Manchester vs Durham for finance msc. Any opinions? What is better for a career in uk?
Original post by christs92
I seriously need some advice guys! The dilemma is Manchester vs Durham for finance msc. Any opinions? What is better for a career in uk?

Both are solid semi-targets that are recognised by most banks in the UK. I would say MBS is the "safer" option personally (being a business school it would have much more networking opportunities) but doubt there is much between the two as far as employers go.
Reply 7
As far as I have read Durham and Manchester are considered about the same. But Durham is half the price so I'm leaning there at the moment
Reply 8
Original post by christs92
As far as I have read Durham and Manchester are considered about the same. But Durham is half the price so I'm leaning there at the moment

In terms of reputation. Durham BS has a bad rep RELATIVE to the reputation of the university, where I feel MBS is the opposite. Its actually established and internationally known, so the cost reflects the better experience. Obviously, importance of cost is something only you can decide upon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending