The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cocapopsxx
how much have you revised?

A lot let's just say...I have first draft notes, I drafted powerpoints for each units and then did it again and then wrote notes from the PowerPoint and then a final set of notes...so a decent amount? I just like writing
What have you done to revise/how much have ya done?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Louise12307;65559791"]
Original post by mollyadtr

Oh I do hope it's the fade to a slow death.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ditto 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 762
Hey guys can I send over my "To what extent do the strengths of the UK constitution outweigh the weaknesses" essay for someone review? :biggrin:
A lot let's just say...I have first draft notes, I drafted powerpoints for each units and then did it again and then wrote notes from the PowerPoint and then a final set of notes...so a decent amount? I just like writing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only good questions will save me tbh lol
Is there any point in doing a plan for the location of sovereignty changing in the UK in recent years ? Seeing as it came up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
Only good questions will save me tbh lol

I bet you'll be fine lol, do whatcha can, I think we're all hoping for some decent q's
Have we made a prediction for 'how effectively does the uk constitution limit the power of gov?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louise12307
Is there any point in doing a plan for the location of sovereignty changing in the UK in recent years ? Seeing as it came up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still went over it just I case it decides to be linked to the source and the smaller answer questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zzinah
Hey guys can I send over my "To what extent do the strengths of the UK constitution outweigh the weaknesses" essay for someone review? :biggrin:

Do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do people have any essay plans/notes on PM and the cabinet. rlly struggling!
I did democracy and elections, I struggled a bit with the democracy essay question for a few minutes but I think I did okay over all let's just hope 😅how about you how'd you find it and what'd you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i done PG's and parties. for Pg's i did 1 para of the 10 mark because i didn't know what to write lol and for parties i didnt have time to do the 25 mark just done 1 para and bullet pointed in brief so like the themes in the para if i were to finish it.
so i have to make up it for unit 2. Jow many marks do u think i lost
Original post by guppal21
Do people have any essay plans/notes on PM and the cabinet. rlly struggling!

I've got a PowerPoint if ya want it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zzinah

yup!
I've got a PowerPoint if ya want it

Posted from TSR Mobile

that would be amazing! thank you so much, your a star
Reply 773
An assess the strengths of the UK constitution or a should the UK remain uncodified question would be a godsend in my opinion.

As for PM and Cabinet, I really hope there is no essay question on the cabinet itself but rather instead for the PM, his powers or similar..

Posted from TSR Mobile

not much i have to makee notes on all 3 units now. didnt have time due to exams even had one day. do u think its possible. btw can you help me with the 40 marks for consitituoon ? so about the consitutional reforms since 1997 and whether they have reduced the power with e.g.. pls and there the cons. reform since 1997 made uk more democratic
Original post by guppal21
that would be amazing! thank you so much, your a star

its attached :smile:
I bet you'll be fine lol, do whatcha can, I think we're all hoping for some decent q's
Have we made a prediction for 'how effectively does the uk constitution limit the power of gov?'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooooo
Original post by cocapopsxx
not much i have to makee notes on all 3 units now. didnt have time due to exams even had one day. do u think its possible. btw can you help me with the 40 marks for consitituoon ? so about the consitutional reforms since 1997 and whether they have reduced the power with e.g.. pls and there the cons. reform since 1997 made uk more democratic

Yeah it's possible for sure, just make essay plans from notes instead of going over everything and only focus on the stuff you don't know, I'm actually doing the reforms and that right now! If it makes it easier for you I can send you the PowerPoint I'm following rn if you want? oh and it basically answers those questions...I have the politics review question about post 2010 reform successes and failures so I'll get that to you later on if you'd like

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think that'll come up? I can only think of the FTPA which really limits the power of government, that's so hard and so specific. I guess you could do another one saying they're elected thus have a mandate to change the constitution but it's sketchy. Also, is the Snooper's charter an example of infringing civil liberties?
its attached :smile:

It won't let me open this! :'( if I give you my email would you please send it to me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending