The Student Room Group

I think we need to start reconsidering our relationship with ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
What i mean is that these are people's brothers fathers and sons, and they are now in a losing position. And i am the first to point out that the terrible things they have done, are unacceptable. But they are still human beings, and we need to move on.

A lot of bad things have done, but this is a demographic we have demonized and driven in to a corner. Rather than to continue to hurl bombs and bullets at down, i think now is the time to sit down with the isis high command and negotiate a truce, okay?!?

You are genuinely a ****ing idiot pal.
Reply 101
Original post by Fas
You are genuinely a ****ing idiot pal.

my degree would suggest something else? (2.1)

I understand you being defensive when so many people are calling you stupid. I would be more inclined to use the word "unrealistic" to describe your original post.

I appreciate that you do realize that they are people, albeit very disturbed people, but I would suggest the main attack vectors are weakening the ideology and the prevention of further recruitment. You will almost certainly find that most, if not all, the core members are a lost cause. Look at the ideology of ISIS and you will see why.

What would help is people ceasing to refer to these people as Muslims/ part of Islam. That would be a start.
Original post by cheesus Toaster
I see - so how about you put us all right and define what you really mean?

I do apologise but it appears that I (we) must have misunderstood your posts. Would you like to reword them? If you did that then maybe you would not seem like a gung-ho warmonger who likes to butcher innocent people in the name of peace of mind for western people.

Only the extremely stupid would think such (such as yourself).

I see that you have a new account, probably a previously banned user.

Lol, you think getting a 2:1 actually indicates that you are clever.
Original post by The_Opinion
Only the extremely stupid would think such (such as yourself).

I see that you have a new account, probably a previously banned user.

No, never banned. They do not even ban people who promote senseless violence against innocent civilians so I don't see why you would presume that I had been banned.

Feel free to enlighten us as to the nature of my stupidity. You see, just saying something does not actually make it so. That kind of thing is what goes on in a primary school play ground. This is not a school playground.

You will find that we are often university level students or graduates in here. We tend to be people that require some form of justification and some form of reasoning argument. It is nice of you to visit us and attempt to communicate with us but we need something more in keeping with a certain level of intelligence.

I await your actual rebuttal (to my original analogy) with grand anticipation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by cheesus Toaster
No, never banned. They do not even ban people who promote senseless violence against innocent civilians so I don't see why you would presume that I had been banned.

Feel free to enlighten us as to the nature of my stupidity. You see, just saying something does not actually make it so. That kind of thing is what goes on in a primary school play ground. This is not a school playground.

You will find that we are often university level students or graduates in here. We tend to be people that require some form of justification and some form of reasoning argument. It is nice of you to visit us and attempt to communicate with us but we need something more in keeping with a certain level of intelligence.

I await your actual rebuttal (to my original analogy) with grand anticipation.

I fear you may be waiting a long time. One day i will understand why some people on this site feel like that it is their right to automatically shut down anyone who doesn't agree with them. Not today though!!

And what degree is that?
Original post by The_Opinion
If the 2nd world war somehow took place today, Germany would have easily won. The politicians / generals these days have forgotten how to fight effectively.

If the second world war was fought today Germany would lose. Germany has become a soft touch militarily. As has most of Europe. It wouldn't even make sense to happen now because it would be Germany trying to take over Europe's tiny militaries with its own tiny military whilst Britain tries to stop them with its tiny military. Meanwhile Russia steamrolls in with its massive military and America and China look on perplexed as Japan pokes them with its even tinier military before shortly being destroyed by both China and America.

Point is you can't really relate it because foreign diplomacy and alliances are completely different and only a couple nations actually have proper sized militaries anymore
Reply 109
Original post by Fas
And what degree is that?

bachelor of arts honours at derby
Original post by aeroline1999
If the second world war was fought today Germany would lose. Germany has become a soft touch militarily. As has most of Europe. It wouldn't even make sense to happen now because it would be Germany trying to take over Europe's tiny militaries with its own tiny military whilst Britain tries to stop them with its tiny military. Meanwhile Russia steamrolls in with its massive military and America and China look on perplexed as Japan pokes them with its even tinier military before shortly being destroyed by both China and America.

Point is you can't really relate it because foreign diplomacy and alliances are completely different and only a couple nations actually have proper sized militaries anymore

I'm referring to the ideologies and tactics of generals. With the weak leaders that we now have, a much smaller army could easily defeat us in a 1v1 war, all they would have to do is strap a baby on top of every vehicle and our leaders would just surrender.
bachelor of arts honours at derby

my original quote stands.
Reply 112
Original post by Fas

my original quote stands.

sociology with drama smart **** ( 5 years )
(edited 7 years ago)
Jog on.
sociology with drama smart **** ( 5 years )

You're very smart at digging yourself into a hole, I'll give you that.
What i mean is that these are people's brothers fathers and sons, and they are now in a losing position. And i am the first to point out that the terrible things they have done, are unacceptable. But they are still human beings, and we need to move on.

A lot of bad things have done, but this is a demographic we have demonized and driven in to a corner. Rather than to continue to hurl bombs and bullets at down, i think now is the time to sit down with the isis high command and negotiate a truce, okay?!?

I have a feeling this a jab at something I saw elsewhere. But no, this is completely incorrect. Negotiating a truce with ISIS would signal that the West is willing to tolerate Islamic propaganda, which in the long term would set back progress towards effective governments in the middle east.

If you already have a degree, how come you still spend your time on the student room? Isn't the whole point that it is meant for students???
Original post by h333
Why does the leader's name end with Al-Baghdadi?

Because he's from Baghdad.
Original post by aeroline1999
If you already have a degree, how come you still spend your time on the student room? Isn't the whole point that it is meant for students???

Education doesn't always end at bachelor level, Mane. There be MAs and PHDs n ting.
Original post by Fas
You're very smart at digging yourself into a hole, I'll give you that.

And you're attacking him because...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending