The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Media Studies Exam 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
How many theoried did everyone use for 1B? And how many marks do you expect to get out of 25 for doing so?
Original post by sam1793
How many theoried did everyone use for 1B? And how many marks do you expect to get out of 25 for doing so?

I used:

-Roland Barthes
-Stuart Hall
-Tzveten Todorov
-Laura Mulvey
-Levi Strauss
-Andrew Goodwin
-Frankfurt School
-Bulmer + Katz
-Frederic Jameson
-Anne E Kaplan
-David Gauntlett

I'm thinking I probably got around 23/25. That's the mark I usually get in mocks and I feel like I did just as well as I usually do :biggrin: i hope! ahaha
Reply 62
Original post by IzzyWatkins
I used:

-Roland Barthes
-Stuart Hall
-Tzveten Todorov
-Laura Mulvey
-Levi Strauss
-Andrew Goodwin
-Frankfurt School
-Bulmer + Katz
-Frederic Jameson
-Anne E Kaplan
-David Gauntlett

I'm thinking I probably got around 23/25. That's the mark I usually get in mocks and I feel like I did just as well as I usually do :biggrin: i hope! ahaha

How about for 1A? How many examples and paragraphs did you use?
1B was great- didn't finish 1A but I got most of my points in there so ain't too bothered.

Did postmodernism for section B and feeling good with that:biggrin: generally, a pretty good paper.

How'd you find it?

Interesting does that mean you did section B first?

And yeah i would have preferred audience for 1b but im pretty happy -with that overall

For my collective identity question i was one of 3 out of like 25 people who did question 7 and everyone else did question 6 :') i dont know if thats good or not haha!

But overall im pretty happy too 9/10 ! :smile:
So how did everyone feel the exam went today?? I didn't think it was too bad :')
Original post by alexmay291297
So how did everyone feel the exam went today?? I didn't think it was too bad :':wink:

I thought it was okay for me I dont think I did too well on 1b but we shall see how it goes. :smile:
Original post by FeargzMcGlinchey
you utter nerd you should be ashamed

Oh, what a compliment :wink:
Original post by sam1793
How about for 1A? How many examples and paragraphs did you use?

I didn't finish 1A :frown:

I did about 6 paragraphs- only filled 2 and 1/2 pages.
I used a few theorists like Anne E Kaplan, David Gauntlett ect.

Way more confident on 1B tbh
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
Interesting does that mean you did section B first?

And yeah i would have preferred audience for 1b but im pretty happy -with that overall

For my collective identity question i was one of 3 out of like 25 people who did question 7 and everyone else did question 6 :':wink: i dont know if thats good or not haha!

But overall im pretty happy too 9/10 ! :smile:

Yeah, I figured if I was gonna run out of time (like I did) I would prefer to run out on a 25 marker rather than the 50 marker:P
1B was 'How did you use media language to communicate meaning to your audience?'

I took it to mean media language- related to audience.

I used mainly media language theory but also some audience such as...

Uses and gratification model: I suggested that my use of my mies-en-scene using the semic code such as a white hospital gown allowed my audience to be in control of how they consume and respond to the text.

Stuart Hall:
-My mies-en-scene having a polysemic nature and allowing my audience to come up with interpretations themselves
-Dominant, negotiated, opposed reading

Andrew Goodwin:
-Relationship between visuals, lyrics and music. My visuals contradict my lyrics ect.

ect.

I misinterprated the question for 1B and basically wrote an audience paper with uses and gratifications and Andrew Goodwin as my theorists.

I wrote about the audience definition and context, personal indentity and entertainment for uses and gratifications, the relation between lyrics and visuals etc for Goodwin, and how my video made the audience feel etc in conclusion.

How many marks would I get for this if any?
Original post by 09876543210
I misinterprated the question for 1B and basically wrote an audience paper with uses and gratifications and Andrew Goodwin as my theorists.

I wrote about the audience definition and context, personal indentity and entertainment for uses and gratifications, the relation between lyrics and visuals etc for Goodwin, and how my video made the audience feel etc in conclusion.

How many marks would I get for this if any?

You will certainly get marks! If you mentioned how your elements communicate to the audience then that's the point of the question- you may have written some stuff that doesn't relate to media language (micro elements) but you should be getting some good marks for writing about identity, uses+gratifications and goodwin. I wrote about those in mine :biggrin:

Try not to fret- it's over and there's nothing more any of us can do!
Original post by *ihavenoidea*
I thought it was okay for me I dont think I did too well on 1b but we shall see how it goes. :smile:

Yeah 1b was a bit more difficult, and I feel as if I could have wrote a bit more in terms of theorists but oh well! :smile: I was just pleased it wasn't genre:wink:
Does anyone remember the Question 10 for Post-modernism specifically????
Original post by marklowell96
Does anyone remember the Question 10 for Post-modernism specifically????

"To what extend are you convinced by the idea of postmodernism?"
Of those that did collective identity, what questions did everyone chose?
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
Of those that did collective identity, what questions did everyone chose?

Question 6.

It was a little hard though because I felt like I had to keep referencing back to how media representations impact on youth in reality. It just made my essay longer than usual, but I managed to finish!
I'm about to take a mock for media and i know the exam is on the 2016 paper that you sit. is there any chance you remember the questions? i do collective identity
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey Im pretty sure the first one was digital technology and the second one i cant remember what the question was but i have a picture of my script and i got 50/50, i can email it to you ?
Suggest how your creative decisions from your A2 production helped produce a better outcome, rather than how AS media artefact was a mere repetition of existing products (link to Steve Neales theory) due the AS task brief indicating that a conformist product had to be produced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending