The Student Room Group

Forgot to be told I have extra time?

As I finished up my S1 paper today, I was told by the invigilator 'are you done?' this isn't a question im usually asked so I said 'yeah, it's been 1:30h'

'no but you have extra time'

Apparently I've had extra time this entire time and noone informed me, what implications does this have?

(I have dyspraxia)
Talk to your exam officer.
Did you apply for extra time? have you had extra time in the past? Why did you not ask?
There are rules in special consideration, but you wouild need someone to look at them i.e an exam, officer.

You will have to determine whether it was your responsibility to know or theres to tell. Obviously you get nothing from the former as it would be your own fault.

Having had a quick scan of the special consideration rules, there is one heading
minor upset arising from administrative problems, such as wrong time allocated, which can award an uplift of a massive 1%. Not very positive there.

The rules are complicated and you need to talk to the exam officer and also to make invigilators aware for future exams. @compost posts on here and she is an exam officer, so she might give you further insight based on her experience.
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to your exam officer.
Did you apply for extra time? have you had extra time in the past? Why did you not ask?
There are rules in special consideration, but you wouild need someone to look at them i.e an exam, officer.

You will have to determine whether it was your responsibility to know or theres to tell. Obviously you get nothing from the former as it would be your own fault.

Having had a quick scan of the special consideration rules, there is one heading
minor upset arising from administrative problems, such as wrong time allocated, which can award an uplift of a massive 1%. Not very positive there.

The rules are complicated and you need to talk to the exam officer and also to make invigilators aware for future exams. @compost posts on here and she is an exam officer, so she might give you further insight based on her experience.

I've had extra time in the past at GCSE but was told It had stopped at A-level so I just dealt with that.

Then this comes out to light...

Quick Reply

Latest