The Student Room Group

AS Biology screw up

Hi,
I completely screwed up the AS Biology (new spec) paper yesterday, and I didn't feel much more confident after the first paper. Also, I didn't do well in Spanish - I hate it anyway and regret choosing it. In August, I have to get at least 3 D's to continue into A levels (year 2). I'm confident with my first two AS' and have no doubt I'll secure the first two D's. But the problem is, if I haven't got a D in Bio and I definately won't have in Spanish, I won't get into college next year. And even if they let me do a 2+1 (2 a levels and an as) then I won't have much chance of getting into Uni as you usually need 3 a levels. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Jabs0808
Hi,
I completely screwed up the AS Biology (new spec) paper yesterday, and I didn't feel much more confident after the first paper. Also, I didn't do well in Spanish - I hate it anyway and regret choosing it. In August, I have to get at least 3 D's to continue into A levels (year 2). I'm confident with my first two AS' and have no doubt I'll secure the first two D's. But the problem is, if I haven't got a D in Bio and I definately won't have in Spanish, I won't get into college next year. And even if they let me do a 2+1 (2 a levels and an as) then I won't have much chance of getting into Uni as you usually need 3 a levels. What should I do?

Wait and see what you get. It's the first year of the new spec so grade boundaries will probably be slightly more lenient than usual. Also if you get higher in the other subjects will they take that into consideration? You can resit next year if you want but AS levels don't count towards your A levels anymore anyway. If you're worried talk to your college and they'll probably consider evidence from throughout the year (good class tests etc) if you have those. My college always says stuff to make us work harder but these 'rules' are rarely put into effect unless you get Us
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by annaj97
Wait and see what you get. It's the first year of the new spec so grade boundaries will probably be slightly more lenient than usual. Also if you get higher in the other subjects will they take that into consideration? You can resit next year if you want but AS levels don't count towards your A levels anymore anyway. If you're worried talk to your college and they'll probably consider evidence from throughout the year (good class tests etc) if you have those. My college always says stuff to make us work harder but these 'rules' are rarely put into effect unless you get Us

Thank you for your reply. I'm hoping grade boundaries will be low. My college is quite strict, which is why I am so anxious. Despite the fact the exams this year don't count to anything, we still have to have a D to continue into next year. Thank you for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest