The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wizardry9
I did German today as well! I know a lot of people in my school found it really hard?? I thought it could have been worse but I'm just so unsure of my answers!

I got that they repaired a tractor that's the only thing I'm 100% certain on as I looked it up
Original post by Philipstothers
Do you remember any answers? Ours did the test but didn't show his answers :frown:

could you give me some questions you are unsure of and ill try remember the answers
i remember for the boyfriend question it was
1 didnt buy her a birthday card
2 doesnt notice when she gets new clothes
3 talks too much about his car
4 it would be better if he didnt already know how wonderful he was
I got that they repaired a tractor that's the only thing I'm 100% certain on as I looked it up

also for that question

it was special because it was his first holiday without his parents

they stayed on a farm

in the end they were too tired so stayed on the farm instead of cycling
Original post by tearsforyears
could you give me some questions you are unsure of and ill try remember the answers
i remember for the boyfriend question it was
1 didnt buy her a birthday card
2 doesnt notice when she gets new clothes
3 talks too much about his car
4 it would be better if he didnt already know how wonderful he was

That seems okay I got some of that, do you remember what the answer to the one about the girl talking about her holiday? Why she was surprised, what she would sacrifice etc??
That seems okay I got some of that, do you remember what the answer to the one about the girl talking about her holiday? Why she was surprised, what she would sacrifice etc??

the minibus was delayed

she was suprised because her dad had fishing rods and she wasnt interested in fishing

she was willing to sacrifice shopping with her mum because she didnt want her dad to be alone

she was relieved becuase her dad was only joking, he had brought two fishing rods because he wanted a spare one in case one broke.
(edited 7 years ago)
the minibus was delayed

she was suprised because her dad had fishing rods and she wasnt interested in fishing

she was willing to sacrifice shopping with her mum because she didnt want her dad to be alone

she was relieved becuase her dad was only joking, he had brought two fishing rods because he wanted a spare one in case one broke.

Thankyou!! I got all that but thought I was going insane as some of my friends said other things which made more sense!!
Thankyou!! I got all that but thought I was going insane as some of my friends said other things which made more sense!!

yeah! the test was pretty stupid, nothing really made sense but at least the vocab was pretty straight forward
yeah! the test was pretty stupid, nothing really made sense but at least the vocab was pretty straight forward

I know it's really long but the last question if you can. And the grandparents questions please. Also was it shopping or working in the garage? Thanks
Geography unit 2 paper was really easy but I didn't get it finished so I'm saying my sweet goodbyes to the A my teacher predicted me to get
I know it's really long but the last question if you can. And the grandparents questions please. Also was it shopping or working in the garage? Thanks

she was working as a waitress but she had to spend all evening doing the dishes

the large washing machine was broke

her mum thinks its fair because she is new

she thinks her firends should have to do it because they help out at home so have more practice

she wants to give up but she is not willing to give up the school trip to ireland

her mum thinks its only fair that if her friends are working to go to ireland so should sabine

------------------------
he wants his grandfather to give up smoking

she doesnt want to offend her granny

sorry im not sure what you mean about shooping or working at a garage??
Reply 610
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Geography unit 2 paper was really easy but I didn't get it finished so I'm saying my sweet goodbyes to the A my teacher predicted me to get

I thought it was quite hard😭 A big part of it was describe questions which I'm terrible at😂 I didn't get it finished either so I'm screwed.....
she was working as a waitress but she had to spend all evening doing the dishes

the large washing machine was broke

her mum thinks its fair because she is new

she thinks her firends should have to do it because they help out at home so have more practice

she wants to give up but she is not willing to give up the school trip to ireland

her mum thinks its only fair that if her friends are working to go to ireland so should sabine

------------------------
he wants his grandfather to give up smoking

she doesnt want to offend her granny

sorry im not sure what you mean about shooping or working at a garage??

Thanks. It was the 2nd part of question 1 you had to underline the answer and it was- playing football or shopping or work in garage (something about a garage anyway)
Original post by rl15
I thought it was quite hard😭 A big part of it was describe questions which I'm terrible at😂 I didn't get it finished either so I'm screwed.....

I know I did really badly in the first paper and I have no clue how I did in my controlled assessment so I'm just disappointed tbh, I was tight for time in the first paper too but just about got it finished
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks. It was the 2nd part of question 1 you had to underline the answer and it was- playing football or shopping or work in garage (something about a garage anyway)

oh im pretty sure that was working in a garage

and she was visiting her aunties house too
oh im pretty sure that was working in a garage

and she was visiting her aunties house too

Thanks very much lol. Judging by your answers I need a good reading paper for that a grade lol. Just a general comment - is your teacher any good? Lol. Also how did you do yourself?
Original post by MeganMcAlister

I almost ran out of time, I was finishing the last questions when the examiner was saying time up so I didn't get to check over it. How many questions did you not get to answer?
Thanks very much lol. Judging by your answers I need a good reading paper for that a grade lol. Just a general comment - is your teacher any good? Lol. Also how did you do yourself?

im sure you did better than you think and grade boundaries are always low so youll be grand.

yeah to be fair she is actually good with languages shes one of them people whos obssessed and can speak like ten.

im feeling alright i got at least 5/6 wrong but i think the reading will be worse.
What kind of stuff came up on the human paper. I'm doing it next year but I did the unit 1 this year. Did maps come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 618
Original post by chemnerd4life
I almost ran out of time, I was finishing the last questions when the examiner was saying time up so I didn't get to check over it. How many questions did you not get to answer?

OMG MAJOR NEAR FAIL! So im sitting in the exam thinking oh happy days i have 10 minutes to spare but then with like 5 minutes to go i realise there is 2 pages at the end with sustainable waste management & tourism on it !!! I basically had a mini heart attack but by the skin of my teeth i got it finished !! It happened to my friend as well but she had to leave it out! Most people in my class were pushed for time :frown: thanks ccea :-) :-) ...
Hey I did German today and I think I did reallllllyyy bad. I'm still aiming for an a. If I got an a in coursework what are the boundaries for me to still get an a overall

Quick Reply

Latest