The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Without sounding big headed, that paper was far too easy! The 12 markers for child and criminal were amazing. I honestly think I've got 50+ marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I treated the criminal 12 marker like 2 six mark questions? Not sure if that's right
Original post by lauraEdexcel
Also, what did you guys write for a comparison between token economy and anger management?

Comparison -
Anger management - long term whereas token economy is short torn
Anger management relies on self report, unreliable as inmates may lie
Token economy you can see the results immediately
Token economy doesn't require a trained professional so it's cost effective
Anger management requires a trained professional, it's time consuming and expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Exams2210
I spoke about the short term and long term affects between the two

ooo okey. i spoke about token economy being based on the principles of operant conditioning while anger management being based on the principles of cat and how token economy aims to modify a behaviour into a desired one while anger management looks at what triggers angry episodes
Reply 244
Same i did 2 different explanations but didn't explicitly make comparisons for the 12 marker. Was that right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by psychemma
I treated the criminal 12 marker like 2 six mark questions? Not sure if that's right

Yeah I did:
Describe + evaluate SLT
describe + evaluate SFP

you didn't really have to evaluate but I had 15 minutes left so thought why not haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Julieplec
Yeah I did:
Describe + evaluate SLT
describe + evaluate SFP

you didn't really have to evaluate but I had 15 minutes left so thought why not haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I did 6 marks on describing social learning theory as an explanation for the stealing cars thing then 6 marks comparing SLT & SFP, I'm sure what you did is fine!!
Oh I did 6 marks on describing social learning theory as an explanation for the stealing cars thing then 6 marks comparing SLT & SFP, I'm sure what you did is fine!!

I hope so haha

I basically explained attention, retention, reproduction and motivation and the person identifying with a role model - supported by bandura, contradicted by charlton

For self fulfilling prophecy I did internalisation of a label assigned to her, she's treat differently and so fulfils prophecy of being a criminal and stealing cars. Supported by rosenthal and Jacobson and jahoda but may be other factors influencing her behaviour e.g upbringing

Posted from TSR Mobile

same! no eval really, i also added how sfp would describe nicole's behaviour
so glad key practicals didn't come up!
I interpreted the criminal 12 marker to state that you're meant to describe how SLT explains the car thieving behaviour and then just generically compare SLT to another theory - no evaluation or anything like that. I'm worried I did it wrong now lol
Original post by peterwg33
I interpreted the criminal 12 marker to state that you're meant to describe how SLT explains the car thieving behaviour and then just generically compare SLT to another theory - no evaluation or anything like that. I'm worried I did it wrong now lol

I did exactly the same! As if it was 2 six mark questions? I'm pretty sure that's fine, although what a few other people did is probably ok as well
Original post by peterwg33

I did the same!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question about crim: was the question asking us to come up with the procedure of a field study that would test the testimony of old and young people?

I essentially replicated Yarmey and classed my participants into 2 groups dpeending on whether they were young or old.

Dumb question but want to make sure I answered it correctly.
The criminal 12 marker didn't require evaluation but as I had extra time I included, I won't gain marks or lose marks I just wanted to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys how did you answer the 'Design a field experiment.' question?? I kind of used the same method as Yarmey did?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't decide whether I've done okay or not hahah
Like it was a really nice paper but I'm worried I found it /too/ easy :laugh: Oh well no time to dwell on it
Original post by Mollyql_27
Guys how did you answer the 'Design a field experiment.' question?? I kind of used the same method as Yarmey did?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Jablonski
Question about crim: was the question asking us to come up with the procedure of a field study that would test the testimony of old and young people?

I essentially replicated Yarmey and classed my participants into 2 groups dpeending on whether they were young or old.

Yeah I pretty much used the same as Yarmey but changed a few details to relate it to age
Original post by Jablonski

I basically used Yarmey too but changed parts to fit the question!
When you're describing Genie, what points did you guys included??:redface: i feel like i know it but i missed out points

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending