The Student Room Group

OCR (Not MEI) S1 Wednesday 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Btec certified
Seriously? My pen ran out halfway through the exam.

If they cant read your writing and its pretty obvious that there is something written in pencil then the examiner will send your paper for review. The most likely case will be that your exam paper is marked using your paper instead of scanning it. So dont worry too much
Original post by Btec certified
Seriously? My pen ran out halfway through the exam.

some papers get sent to actual examiners, but if you can talk to your school exams office as soon as possible to check.
For the Ex^2 question, I know it asked for you to use part i) and i presume this meant to use the variation method. I couldn't remember how to do that in the exam but I worked it out like this:

E(m-150)^2 = x (i can't remember what x was, it was given to us in the question)

(m-150)^2 = m^2 - 300m +150^2

x= Em^2 - 300Em +52*150^2

Em could be found from the calculated mean in the previous question by multiplying that value by 52.

When rearranged i got

x - ( 52*150^2 ) + 300Em = Em^2 = 1117168

I got the correct answer but obviously i didn't use the variation method. Will I still be able to get full marks using my method???
How did everyone do the Barbara question and what were your answers?? I had no idea so I just put 1/210 but tbh I know that that's wrong
Original post by Charlotte.P
How did everyone do the Barbara question and what were your answers?? I had no idea so I just put 1/210 but tbh I know that that's wrong

no thats right. In the previous question you worked out the total number of possible arrangements of the 7 letters as 210.

Barbara is just one possible arrangement so it is 1/210
Original post by Charlotte.P

That's actually correct XD.
Does anyone remember what question 2i was (the question not the answer)
Original post by black1blade
Woop got at least 60/72- that's definitely an A right?

highest I've ever seen for an A is 61/72, so you should be fine. well done!
What were the summarised data for the variance question
Original post by morrissies
highest I've ever seen for an A is 61/72, so you should be fine. well done!

Awesome, fairly certain I've got an A overall then :biggrin:.
Original post by swagmister
Grade boundary for 90 ums?

or two higher than last year so 63 or 64 maybe??
Reply 252
i was really happy about this exam until i looked at the unofficial mark scheme. welp.. now for physics...
Reply 253
Hey for the last part of the perms and combs question i got 1/70 just like the unofficial mark scheme says but then i multiplied it all by 4 for some reason. Do you think ill lose just the one mark for that?
Reply 254

Could you please correct some of the marks allocated. It adds up to 84
Does mr m not do a mark scheme for stats?
Reply 256
Original post by Bobby21231
Does mr m not do a mark scheme for stats?

I was thinking the same.
I did that as well XD
I think we'll only lose 1 mark, we still get M1M1, but A0
The exam was easier than the past papers, but I think that just means high grade boundaries. I'm guessing they'll look something like this:

A-59
B-52
C-47
D-43
E-38

Around those values anyway: what does everyone else reckon?
Original post by CBMFM99
The exam was easier than the past papers, but I think that just means high grade boundaries. I'm guessing they'll look something like this:

A-59
B-52
C-47
D-43
E-38

Around those values anyway: what does everyone else reckon?

I'd say 2-3 higher than last years. Probably 58 for an A at most, most likely 57. In my opinion anyway. It was easier than 2015 but I wouldn't say it was a lot easier. I think 90 UMS will be 64 or 65.

Just wondering what do you think boundaries will be like for C1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending