The Student Room Group

Tourism case study

What was the tourism case study? I did Kenya for mass tourism but a lot of people did the golapagos island for Eco tourism..
Reply 1
I believe it was Kenya. As ecotourism has no major negative effects as such. Also, the spec requires stratergies for mass tourism but nothing is mentioned for ecotourism - only positive effects and sustainable development. Also, it was part (d) i believe which was all mass tourism
Original post by Coffee25
What was the tourism case study? I did Kenya for mass tourism but a lot of people did the golapagos island for Eco tourism..

I did the galapagos islands, it was a tropical area so i believe that Kenya, Galapagos and Brazil were all fine to use
Reply 3
I did mass tourism too but everyone has done ecotourism at my school idek it was such a weirdly worded question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harry42
I believe it was Kenya. As ecotourism has no major negative effects as such. Also, the spec requires stratergies for mass tourism but nothing is mentioned for ecotourism - only positive effects and sustainable development. Also, it was part (d) i believe which was all mass tourism

I wouldnt quite call Kenya Tropical, but it said how does it maintain an income whilst reduxing the negative effects. For example, 10/16 people are only aloowed on a small boat to the Galapogos islands, these bring money to the local economy whilst also reduce carbon emissions as its only a small boat
kenya is a tropical country; it has a tropical climate
Reply 6
Our teachers told us that we had to do the mass tourism case study because ecotourism strategies isn't even on the spec but a lot of people have put Galapogas Islands. Questions fault really worded very weird and misleading.
Reply 7
Original post by A_Tesco_Manager
I wouldnt quite call Kenya Tropical, but it said how does it maintain an income whilst reduxing the negative effects. For example, 10/16 people are only aloowed on a small boat to the Galapogos islands, these bring money to the local economy whilst also reduce carbon emissions as its only a small boat

Kenya is a country in the tropics - it is in the AQA textbook for "a case study in the tropics"
Original post by harry42

Original post by harry42
Kenya is a country in the tropics - it is in the AQA textbook for "a case study in the tropics"

Tha Galapogos islands is equally tropical though, so i dont understand why they wouldnt accept it
Is jamaica a tropical country?
Original post by torro1704
Is jamaica a tropical country?

Yeah, i should of used that , but i did what the question asked me too, i believe any area in the tropics is fine , it didnt make specific reference to it being eco or mass
It couldn't have been an eco tourism as it asked for an established resort. Eco tourism resorts have only been around for a few years due to the increased awareness of global warming, climate change etc
Reply 13
Original post by JCwizard
It couldn't have been an eco tourism as it asked for an established resort. Eco tourism resorts have only been around for a few years due to the increased awareness of global warming, climate change etc

well noticed, i think you're right with that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending