The Student Room Group

OCR Computer Science?

Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. I thought I did really well on it (better than every other exam I have done so far) except I am annoyed that I messed up the Binary addition question because in my head I know how to do it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was OK. The legal and ethical with Lauren was difficult. Forgot how to add binary. The algorithm at the end i messed up. Oh and I wasn't sure about features of the IDE. But most of it was good
Original post by harry42
It was OK. The legal and ethical with Lauren was difficult. Forgot how to add binary. The algorithm at the end i messed up. Oh and I wasn't sure about features of the IDE. But most of it was good

I didn't know what to do for Ethical but for Legal I wrote about the Data Protection Act and how she should only hold relevant information about her students and stuff. The algorithm I did a flowchart for so i'm sure I got a couple marks. The features of an IDE is just the compiler and how the 'run' window (I think it's a .exe) hides the source code.
Reply 3
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
Haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. I thought I did really well on it (better than every other exam I have done so far) except I am annoyed that I messed up the Binary addition question because in my head I know how to do it.

im just grateful i didn't mess up compiler and interpreter
Original post by Divinchi
im just grateful i didn't mess up compiler and interpreter

I messed up the interpreter question. I wrote it read/scanned line by line (even though I knew it was wrong) but it was more of a guess to try get a mark.
Reply 5

Im the same as you! I found it REALLY easy, apart from the Binary addition question!
Reply 6
I messed up the interpreter question. I wrote it read/scanned line by line (even though I knew it was wrong) but it was more of a guess to try get a mark.

lmao that's correct if you wrote that about the interpreter
Original post by Divinchi
lmao that's correct if you wrote that about the interpreter

Really? I thought that was the Translator.
Yeah generally it was okay, the image and sound question was probably the worst for me, and I messed up the binary addition. The IDE question was actually not too bad? And the 6 mark questions were fine, the algorithm at the end was quite tricky.

an interpreter is a type of translator that translates source code line by line :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg.... Am I the only one who found this paper REALLY difficult? :frown:

Interpreter translates line by line and highlights errors...

Compiler compiles whole code so you can see if there are any non syntax errors such as logic errors - however any errors won't be highlighted.
Last question was gay
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
an interpreter is a type of translator that translates source code line by line :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow... Now I feel stupid but happy I wrote it haha!

Original post by chocomad1999
Omg.... Am I the only one who found this paper REALLY difficult? :frown:

I think so. But don't worry, there's 1 class at my school in my year doing this of about 26 students and only about 7 of them are smart-ish. If most school are like that the grade boundaries will be low.

Original post by Cicada3301
Interpreter translates line by line and highlights errors...

Compiler compiles whole code so you can see if there are any non syntax errors such as logic errors - however any errors won't be highlighted.

Yeah I wrote the compiler does the whole thing and interpreter goes line by line :wink:
Lol am I the only who is generally quite happy 😅
Original post by Akelly215
Yeah generally it was okay, the image and sound question was probably the worst for me, and I messed up the binary addition. The IDE question was actually not too bad? And the 6 mark questions were fine, the algorithm at the end was quite tricky.

I found the sound question easy. It's literally like two lines. The audio is measured at regular intervals at a chosen bit rate by the user. It is then converted into binary using an Analogue to Digital converter.
Original post by Argo00
Lol am I the only who is generally quite happy 😅

Nope lol. I got 44/45 on both controlled assessments so I'm laughing lmao and the paper was easy except the algorithm
Original post by harry42

I put stuff about encrypting the usernames and sensitive data about the pupils. For ethics I did stuff about monitoring what is transferred to make sure its not inappropriate and monitoring chats to prevent bullying etc. since its kind of like a forum system.
Anyone know the answer to the query criteria question...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending