The Student Room Group

How did you find FP2?

Scroll to see replies

Based on current poll results, what do people think the 100 UMS boundary will be?

Suspect I've dropped 2/3 on the last question from a numerical mashup with correct method and working :frown:

Correct arccos and pi terms but incorrect root(3) coefficient
Reply 21
Original post by Euclidean
Based on current poll results, what do people think the 100 UMS boundary will be?

Suspect I've dropped 2/3 on the last question from a numerical mashup with correct method and working :frown:

Correct arccos and pi terms but incorrect root(3) coefficient

74, maybe 73.
Original post by edothero
74, maybe 73.

Dang.

Original post by target21859
Did question 4 give initial conditions for part a? I got x=r/q+ce^(-qt/p). Would I drop a mark for not putting rc/q? I merged it as one constant. In the unofficial mark scheme by Ewan he has a minus and not a plus

Do you remember what the question was?
Reply 24
Original post by federer98
Do you remember what the question was?

It was either

pdxdt+qt=rp\dfrac{dx}{dt}+qt = r

or

qdxdt+pt=rq\dfrac{dx}{dt}+pt = r
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by edothero
It was either

pdxdt+qt=rp\dfrac{dx}{dt}+qt = r

or

qdxdt+pt=rq\dfrac{dx}{dt}+pt = r

Yeah. I might have used the initial conditions and got the right answer. I really don't know. I've completely forgotten. If I didn't use the initial conditions but got the rest correct how many marks would I lose? Also I hope I labelled my answers correctly ie part a i part b. If say I put my answer to 4b under aii would I still get the marks? I'm not sure how it works. I think it's unlikely I did that but unlike at home where I could finish a paper with about 40 mins left I was rather pushed for time today.
Reply 26
One last question. For the Argand diagram you could just represent the complex numbers as points and not lines right? And I labelled the Im and Re axis with the coordinates.
Reply 27
Yeah. I might have used the initial conditions and got the right answer. I really don't know. I've completely forgotten. If I didn't use the initial conditions but got the rest correct how many marks would I lose? Also I hope I labelled my answers correctly ie part a i part b. If say I put my answer to 4b under aii would I still get the marks? I'm not sure how it works. I think it's unlikely I did that but unlike at home where I could finish a paper with about 40 mins left I was rather pushed for time today.

I think you'd get 3 out of the 4. No one can know until we see the official mark scheme. Though it could be 2 out of 4 too.

I'm sure the examiner will realise that it's your answer for 4b and not 4aii. You'll be fine.
Reply 28
Yeah I'm still really happy about how it went. Now just need worry about M2, S2 and FP3. Ironically I find those modules way easier than S1 and D1 apart from S2 which I need to perfect a bit more. It makes no sense at all xD. I don't really like the applied modules.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by themechguy
Who are these 60+ people voting "very easy"...

typical TSRians
Edexcel Foundation Paper 2 ? Isn't that paper tomorrow. It hasn't happened yet...
Reply 31
Where did you find that mark scheme??
Did question 4 give initial conditions for part a? I got x=r/q+ce^(-qt/p). Would I drop a mark for not putting rc/q? I merged it as one constant. In the unofficial mark scheme by Ewan he has a minus and not a plus
Reply 32
Original post by PrincessZara
Edexcel Foundation Paper 2 ? Isn't that paper tomorrow. It hasn't happened yet...

Not quite sure if you're trolling or not, but FP2 is Further Pure 2. An A2 Further Maths module.
Reply 33
Original post by Isisisis

Way back on the official fp2 thread.
Original post by Isisisis

Here is a copy:
1) -2<x<-root2 -1<x<root2
2) shown x(x^2-3x-9)/2(x+2)
3)e^ipi(1/24, 13/24, -11/24, -23/24) shown
4) r/q(1-e^-(q/p)t) (2sinx-cosx+e^-2)/5
5) Coefficients are 1/16, -5/16, 10/16 shown
6) coefficients are 1 2 2 8/3 then shown
7) Ax^2+Bx-1/12x^(-2)
8) 21/4, (+-)arcos(3/4) 32.519 which I think was 3root7/4-11arcos3/4+49pi/4

A2 Further Maths FP2. Slightly more difficult....
Ohhhhh, we talking about the 2016 papre?! **** knows, but the 2015 paper was ok :biggrin:
Reply 37

No, it was today, you missed it... Oops.
Original post by themechguy
Who are these 60+ people voting "very easy"...

Probably trolls for the most part. The very low "Easy" vote count suggests that the high "very easy" count is probably anomalous. The poll was on the front page, so I'd expect a lot of them were just trolls.
Reply 39
Onwards to FP3! (And another 8 math exams for me) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending