The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside September 2016 Starters Mega-Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophie1293
Is linthorpe hall only available for first years? I'm in Central for my first year but the security in Linthorpe sounds a lot better than house renting for 2nd and 3rd year.

I think they take all years because when I was applying they asked if I would mind sharing with second year students
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by Sophie1293
Is linthorpe hall only available for first years? I'm in Central for my first year but the security in Linthorpe sounds a lot better than house renting for 2nd and 3rd year.

It's available for all years :smile:
Original post by beckyyhenderson
I think they take all years because when I was applying they asked if I would mind sharing with second year students

Original post by daniellee0
It's available for all years :smile:

Ah, brill. Thanks guys :smile: hopefully I'll find some other people thinking of doing that for their 2nd year if I decide to do that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anybody got a place at Woodland Halls? I got mine confirmed recently.
Hey guys..International Student here..Will be studying Computer Animation and Visual Effects..Got my accommodation confirmed at Central Halls :smile:
Reply 85
Heyyyy welcome! I'm in central confirmed too :smile: Where are you travelling from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
India :biggrin:
Original post by Sree_hari
India :biggrin:

Wow, I thought I had a journey coming from Somerset, the south of the country. Haha.
Well...kinda used to traveling a lot so no issues :tongue: ..have you guys been to any open days ?.i have no clue about the uni or the area..i have to depend on google atm for pictures..uni looks great,although i've read almost everywhere that middlesbrough isn't exactly safe nor friendly
No, I haven't. :/ my decision to go to uni was pretty late so I didn't get the chance and I can't make it to the one in June. I was a bit worried about Middlesbrough as well, to be honest. But I think it's all about knowing where not to go etc.
I've got central halls firmed, and I'm studying concept art in September. Really looking forward to it :smile: from all the way down in Bedfordshire
Reply 91
I went for an open day, the buildings are great, the uni campus looks compact and very friendly there's a really good vibe and the area (Linthorpe) had a very nice feel! Anywhere can be equally dangerous, you just have to be careful I guess, I'm from Liverpool and some areas are dangerous sometimes but 99% of the city is perfectly sound, same anywhere :smile: We'll be fine :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm glad it's nice! I'm really looking forward to going now :smile: I know exactly what you mean! I come from a town that a lot of people think of as rough but I've never had a problem.
Hey! I'm Molly and I will be studying childhood and youth studies, and I'm staying at central halls

So nervous!!
Reply 94
Original post by Mollotaku
Hey! I'm Molly and I will be studying childhood and youth studies, and I'm staying at central halls

So nervous!!

Hey! I don't know if you have facebook but there's a central halls group chat for us all to get to know eachother, just post an intro on one of the freshers pages for Teesside so I can find you and I'll add you to the chat! Me too!!
Is there freshers pages on Facebook? I can't seem to find any
Original post by Soph97
Hey! I don't know if you have facebook but there's a central halls group chat for us all to get to know eachother, just post an intro on one of the freshers pages for Teesside so I can find you and I'll add you to the chat! Me too!!

Hey I have posted!
Original post by Soph97

I've posted an intro on the page but haven't been added. 🤔 Would you be able to add me? :smile: I'm the Sophie doing concept art. I'm also nervous! But I'm counting down the days!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 98
Hey everyone.

I'm a current Teeside Uni student going onto my second year of my course. I'm going onto my third year at Teesside due to switching course so I know a fair bit about everything.

If anybody has any questions about accomodation/the area in general/nightlife/anything really feel free to ask :smile:
hey im going to be studying sports therapy and rehabilitation come september and have a place confirmed at central halls ( im coming down from glasgow) was just wondering if anyone had heard anything from accommodation about their deposit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending