The Student Room Group

OCR Computing anyone??

Well... how was it XD

Scroll to see replies

From someone who is at an A/A*, I found it fairly easy. Everyone else I spoke to said it was fine. I found the final question slightly annoying as it is to do with arrays, but there was nothing too difficult in the exam. (they even gave us a binary calculation this year!)
Reply 2
Original post by OllieNatusch
From someone who is at an A/A*, I found it fairly easy. Everyone else I spoke to said it was fine. I found the final question slightly annoying as it is to do with arrays, but there was nothing too difficult in the exam. (they even gave us a binary calculation this year!)

Haha wow XD I'm in the exact shoe as you!!! Lol they sure did twist the binary addition, liked how they did hexadecimal also.

What did you write for the query criteria question?
Original post by Argo00
Haha wow XD I'm in the exact shoe as you!!! Lol they sure did twist the binary addition, liked how they did hexadecimal also.

What did you write for the query criteria question?

(Year = 2015) AND (Category = "Comedy")
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
(Year = 2015) AND (Category = "Comedy":wink:

I did the same, but put quotations around the 2015 for some reason.
Reply 5
(Year = 2015) AND (Category = "Comedy":wink:

Dammmmmmmmm <3 I totally took a risk on that as well man!!!! I'm a happier lad now XD
Reply 6

Lol hope they dont penalise you for that, xP OCR can be *****y

I did the same but then crossed them out because the data would be held better as an Integer not a String.

I put quotations too! :smile:
Reply 9
The next question for name and price was string and decimal right....?

(in that order)

SELECT * (Year = "2015") AND (Category = "Comedy")

It said select all from... * is necesesary i think
Original post by Argo00

(in that order)

I put for string then floating point (because that's what it is called in python and we used python for our coursework)
Original post by Argo00

(in that order)

Wait wasn't it suitable name for the variable and not data type. I thought it was something like somethingPrice
I put for string then floating point (because that's what it is called in python and we used python for our coursework)

I'm pretty sure "Decimal" isn't accepted. Float perhaps but the real terminology is called "Real".
I'm pretty sure "Decimal" isn't accepted. Float perhaps but the real terminology is called "Real".

Yes, you are right on that one! I forgot about that!
Reply 15
Original post by Argo00

(in that order)

No, the data type was string and then real. Real as it's a number but with decimal points, that's what it taught you to do in the OCR revision guide I think
Reply 16
I knew this answer but i had brain lag and put character instead of string. oh well
The exam was pretty good overall, there was nothing nothing i found too hard :biggrin:.

If someone could answer this id be grateful:
1- what is metadata?
2- what is two advantages of server to client networking over peer to peer?
3- why is application data separated from database data.
If anyone wants me to give more questions let me know
Original post by ozziess
I knew this answer but i had brain lag and put character instead of string. oh well
The exam was pretty good overall, there was nothing nothing i found too hard :biggrin:.

If someone could answer this id be grateful:
1- what is metadata?
2- what is two advantages of server to client networking over peer to peer?
3- why is application data separated from database data.
If anyone wants me to give more questions let me know

Heres what I put:

1 - Extra data on the file. I.E on the image, there could be a caption saying where the image was taken and who by, etc.

2 - Peer-to-peer would require that all the workstations are on at all times to ensure resource availability.
The client server means a person can access their files from any workstation using a login + password.

3- If the application crashed/breaks, the data will not be lost as it is not stored directly in the application.
The data is less susceptible to hacking/accidental loss of data as it would be encrypted and stored away from the client application.
Reply 18
Well. Sh!t.

That moment when your mind goes blank and you find an alternative and put Decimal. ._.
Quinn REALLY needed those PC upgrades...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending