The Student Room Group

White millionaire wife of a former President can achieve the Democratic nomination.

What a day for equality in america.
Oh the irony.
Reply 2
Hillary Clinton gives a speech about inequality in an Armani jacket worth '$12,000'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/hillary-clinton-speech-inequality-12000-armani-jacket-kristina-schake-a7068581.html
What is the irony?
Woman?
White?
Wife of ex president?
Democrat?
Rich?
Original post by 999tigger
What is the irony?
Woman?
White?
Wife of ex president?
Democrat?
Rich?

The fact that she's a rich, powerful, and well-connected former FLOTUS, who's leveraged her privilege to secure the Democratic nomination.
Original post by Lord Gaben
The fact that she's a rich, powerful, and well-connected former FLOTUS, who's leveraged her privilege to secure the Democratic nomination.

Why does that make it ironic?

Is she meant to be poor and poorly connected?
I didn't realise that in order for an achievment of equality to be accomplished, the relevant person must tick every box.

Must be a woman. Must be a person of colour. Must be from a poor upbringing.
Original post by Twinpeaks
I didn't realise that in order for an achievment of equality to be accomplished, the relevant person must tick every box.

Must be a woman. Must be a person of colour. Must be from a poor upbringing.

It's no good just getting a woman president. Inequality exists in many form not just gender. There gets to a point where other factors other than race/gender are more important. Millionaire black and/or woman actors complaining about inquality in their millionaire class sphere whilst ignoring the much grater ineqaulities don;t have my respect. The term "check your privilege" springs to mind.

A woman president is good if it is part of a greater shift in society that is good for women/people of all kinds.

They can be a millionaire white straight man for all I care but they have to actually do something other than just identity politics. Bernie would have been a better feminist candidate. Women get ****ed over by wealth inequality.
(edited 7 years ago)
Trump will make mince meat of her in my opinion

Quick Reply