The Student Room Group

OCR Computing GCSE

In my computing classes we legit learn nothing, we're pretty much forced to home study. Anyway, for the first assessment (A452) I got an A and dropped to B which I don't mind however for my latest assessment (A453) I pretty much failed as I got below a C. I done more for this assessment than one of the other students in my class and had evidence in my work, however he still came out with a B which is why I'm pissed. I complained to the teacher but nothing happens, he's just like focus on the upcoming exam. What should I do? Can I get it remarked somehow? I can only come out with a C by getting 50/80 in the exam and the highest a B (however it's pretty much impossible for me as you need 70/80 to achieve this). RANTTTTTTTT!

Scroll to see replies

Dude 56/80 last year was an A* so if you get that you might get a B or if you get a even higher A* you might end up with an A mabye. What courseworks did you do and how did you find the exam?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by blazepheonix
Dude 56/80 last year was an A* so if you get that you might get a B or if you get a even higher A* you might end up with an A mabye. What courseworks did you do and how did you find the exam?

A452 and A453. The exam was hard ngl, I answered most questions but I still think I done terribly. I'm predicting at least 42/80
It was a decent paper considering my computing teacher is actually a resistant materials D&T teacher :biggrin:. There's a shortage of ICT and computing teachers atm so I'm not surprised we both had rubbish teachers although it may not be their fault.
I never want to see my computing teachers face again luckily my dads a network engineer so he explained quite a bit about computing to me :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by BTAnonymous
It was a decent paper considering my computing teacher is actually a resistant materials D&T teacher :biggrin:. There's a shortage of ICT and computing teachers atm so I'm not surprised we both had rubbish teachers although it may not be their fault.

It was easier than 2015 for sure but I just think I worded most of the answers wrong idk. The OCR mark scheme is so precise!
Im just hoping grade boundaries for exam are as low as the possibility of that computing teachers in the exams website not getting DDOS.
Reply 7
I never want to see my computing teachers face again luckily my dads a network engineer so he explained quite a bit about computing to me :smile:

Ooo nice, how was the exam for you?
Original post by Adamtoo
Ooo nice, how was the exam for you?

The exam was "alright" I mean i expected to get the last question wrong but overall it was alright. However im not very confident as OCR marksheme is more dodgy then quinns pc (The guys an idiot, he doesnt even know what his computer needs and is asking some random ass person(me)
Original post by Adamtoo
It was easier than 2015 for sure but I just think I worded most of the answers wrong idk. The OCR mark scheme is so precise!

It is very pedantic! If the wording of your answer doesn't match their markscheme, 0 marks which is quite stupid to be honest as it is a matter of remembering things word for word instead of understanding it but ya know.
Reply 10
The exam was "alright" I mean i expected to get the last question wrong but overall it was alright. However im not very confident as OCR marksheme is more dodgy then quinns pc (The guys an idiot, he doesnt even know what his computer needs and is asking some random ass person(me)

LOOl that 6 marker was pretty easy but I'm annoyed that I didn't talk about graphics card. I mentioned changing the processor, clock speed, cache memory and getting hard drive. Idk if it's right tbh, I was rushing it
Original post by Adamtoo
LOOl that 6 marker was pretty easy but I'm annoyed that I didn't talk about graphics card. I mentioned changing the processor, clock speed, cache memory and getting hard drive. Idk if it's right tbh, I was rushing it

I talked about the graphics card and said he should get a nvidea gtx 750 ti just to take the piss and see if examiners understands what im talking about :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BTAnonymous
It is very pedantic! If the wording of your answer doesn't match their markscheme, 0 marks which is quite stupid to be honest as it is a matter of remembering things word for word instead of understanding it but ya know.

Ya man, they teach computing in a regurgitation way. I hate how markshemes make words so specific. I mean the person who invented databases or networks probably didnt even care about the definition. I mean who does. Next thing you know they will try and make us define hitlers left testical with "key" words :wink:
Original post by Adamtoo

I was talking about programming question btw
Reply 14
I was talking about programming question btw

Oh yeah the algorithm, I was staring at my paper for like 20 minutes on that one LOL
Any way good luck with your exam the both of you see ya.
(Jumping in bc I don't know many people who did computing!)
I thought the exam was quite nice, there was only one question I just regurgitated as much as I could remember for without knowing the answer, but I always lose marks for OCR computing because my answers are right but I didn't get their fancy wording :/
So frustrating haha
I talked about the graphics card and said he should get a nvidea gtx 750 ti just to take the piss and see if examiners understands what im talking about :wink:

lmao thats the card i have
Reply 18
Original post by CaptErin
(Jumping in bc I don't know many people who did computing!)
I thought the exam was quite nice, there was only one question I just regurgitated as much as I could remember for without knowing the answer, but I always lose marks for OCR computing because my answers are right but I didn't get their fancy wording :/
So frustrating haha

They're really fussy about the wording but hopefully this year they won't be
anyone remember what the question about the supermarket was?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending