The Student Room Group

Don't give up GCSEs grades if there low! my story

I am not here to 'show off' but I hope this thread will help or give hope to some people. :h:
I go to a state school it's not a private school but students generally do get good marks, but I never used to get good grades and my grades were below average in year 10 mock exams I got:
Maths D Biology C Chemistry C Physics C English lit E English Lang U geography U history U religious study D ict E business C. As you can tell they were very very low when this result came home everyone in my family was laughing my parents were very disappointed they wanted me to get results like my older brother straight A*. But I never used to care about study throughout year 7,8,9 now I thought I wanted to prove everyone wrong I revised everyday using flash cards having a revision timetable using websites and watching videos on YouTube. And it all payed off in the end because my goal was to get out the foundation paper and then work my way up. Then at the end of the year I was very happy to see I had straight Cs in everything which took me out the foundation paper, so when I came back in year 11 I did the same thing I revised throughout the 6 week holidays I revised everyday I would wake up at 5:00 am and start revising on a school day and then finish at 8:00am to then get ready and go to school I did that from September to December non stop. Now we had the mock exams it was time to see if all that hard work payed off when I got the result back I was over the moon to see 3 A* in chemistry biology and physics and As in the rest. I went from getting Us Es and Ds to getting A and A*. But I didn't stop there I wanted to make all my family members get shocked from my results so I did the same thing revising using flash cards writing important information and key facts on a poster and sticking them on my bedroom looking at them before I went to sleep so when the time came for the May exams which were the last mock exams this was my result

Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Physics A*
Maths A*
English literature A*
English language A*
Geography A*
History A*
Religious study A*
Ict A*
Business study A*

Not bad from getting Us Es and Ds ey :wink:
So don't give up if your grades are bad sacrifice your time and then show all those people that u can do it and you can make something of yourself. My brother and cousins used to tell me I would be Lucky if I even make it to a cleaner. But I was very happy to see I got higher grades than all of them and then saying I want to go to a top university like Oxford study medicine and then become a cardiothoracic surgeon in less fancy words a heart surgeon lol. So don't give up! Revise, revise, revise!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Omg, this is so inspiring! Well done! :smile:
Reply 2
Well done! I hope you get to Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Elizzey
Omg, this is so inspiring! Well done! :smile:

Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Aamna-
Well done! I hope you get to Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much good luck in the future to you2
Congrats to you, but I see no languages there......:wink:
Original post by Bulletzone
Congrats to you, but I see no languages there......:wink:

What are we writing in then?
Reply 7
Original post by Mrsinghlol
Thank you so much good luck in the future to you2

You did so well! Well done for having will power:h:. What subjects do you study now?
Inspirational
I am not here to 'show off' but I hope this thread will help or give hope to some people. :h:
I go to a state school it's not a private school but students generally do get good marks, but I never used to get good grades and my grades were below average in year 10 mock exams I got:
Maths D Biology C Chemistry C Physics C English lit E English Lang U geography U history U religious study D ict E business C. As you can tell they were very very low when this result came home everyone in my family was laughing my parents were very disappointed they wanted me to get results like my older brother straight A*. But I never used to care about study throughout year 7,8,9 now I thought I wanted to prove everyone wrong I revised everyday using flash cards having a revision timetable using websites and watching videos on YouTube. And it all payed off in the end because my goal was to get out the foundation paper and then work my way up. Then at the end of the year I was very happy to see I had straight Cs in everything which took me out the foundation paper, so when I came back in year 11 I did the same thing I revised throughout the 6 week holidays I revised everyday I would wake up at 5:00 am and start revising on a school day and then finish at 8:00am to then get ready and go to school I did that from September to December non stop. Now we had the mock exams it was time to see if all that hard work payed off when I got the result back I was over the moon to see 3 A* in chemistry biology and physics and As in the rest. I went from getting Us Es and Ds to getting A and A*. But I didn't stop there I wanted to make all my family members get shocked from my results so I did the same thing revising using flash cards writing important information and key facts on a poster and sticking them on my bedroom looking at them before I went to sleep so when the time came for the May exams which were the last mock exams this was my result

Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Physics A*
Maths A*
English literature A*
English language A*
Geography A*
History A*
Religious study A*
Ict A*
Business study A*

So don't give up if your grades are bad sacrifice your time and then show all those people that u can do it and you can make something of yourself. My brother and cousins used to tell me I would be Lucky if I even make it to a cleaner. But I was very happy to see I got higher grades than all of them and then saying I want to go to a top university like Oxford study medicine and then become a cardiothoracic surgeon in less fancy words a heart surgeon lol. So don't give up! Revise, revise, revise!!!

True inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story!:smile:
Wow, good on you for not letting others bring you down and for motivating yourself to end up with those fantastic grades! Well done :smile:
It's very impressive and quite believable there's no lies there.
But I'm quite sure for any gcse basis you must do at least one language and considering you havnt put one. Therefore I propose the idea that you don't do business studies as that is the least common subject and you kept it last out of all your subjects I think you do something like gujurati or Punjabi not implying anything.
Just a theory.🙄🙄
I don't believe this one bit.

Not only as there are many flaws in this little tale you've told.

Not only as you claim to have gotten an A* in both English Language and Literature, but you've managed to tell your 'inspirational' story at a D Grade (lack of punctuation; lack of grammar)

Not only as you're named after a breast surgeon.

I just don't believe it.
@Trapping we're on the Internet, stop being so harsh, what do you expect?!

@Mrsignhool , wow this is inspirational!!
(edited 7 years ago)
could be lying
could be not lying
How is somebody boasting "motivating".
Original post by harun_farah
It's very impressive and quite believable there's no lies there.
But I'm quite sure for any gcse basis you must do at least one language and considering you havnt put one. Therefore I propose the idea that you don't do business studies as that is the least common subject and you kept it last out of all your subjects I think you do something like gujurati or Punjabi not implying anything.
Just a theory.🙄🙄

you dont need a language, but you generally do need (or are at least advised) to take an ebacc subject - history and geography would both count for that.
Reply 17

Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Physics A*
Maths A*
English literature A*
English language A*
Geography A*
History A*
Religious study A*
Ict A*
Business study A*

biggest lie i have ever heard
Original post by dh12345
biggest lie i have ever heard

Not really I lie it is possible if you grind and put the work in.
It's rare and difficult and there's a high possibility it's a lie however it's not impossible and you can't say it's a lie without knowing the person.

I've 2 or 3 students like that in my school going from d's and c's to straight A's

But never U E and F grades to straight A*. It is highly possible to be a lie and very very hard to believe.

Spoiler

Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Physics A*
Maths A*
English literature A*
English language A*
Geography A*
History A*
Religious study A*
Ict A*
Business study A*

Spoiler

Look she changed it for a couple of minutes and returned it to normal

Quick Reply

Latest