The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamie Vardy
Who got fooled and wrote about the One Child Policy for the 8 marker (Population)?

If you are referring to the fact that the one child policy is no longer relevant then you are wrong. The policy was withdrawn in october 2015, yet it was asked about in the june 2015 paper. I am sure that it is an acceptable case study
Original post by Blancosdos
Whats there to get fooled for?Everyone in school did it,and my teacher said it was okay.

"Okay" isn't the perfect answer. I suspect you will get a few marks for knowledge max 5, but not beyond that. Also teachers can only see the qeustion an hour or so after the exam, so i doubt he'd seen it straight away. And just because your school did it doesn't mean its right...
Original post by johnhall027
found it a decent paper
I did population, changing urban environments and tourism
how did everyone else find it?

Was Kerala an acceptable case study for the population change case study?
Original post by Cluster1
Well obviously it has to be in a country.. However the whole of India did not adopt the policy

Posted from TSR Mobile

India had multiple policies and kerala is an example of one of them
Original post by 1jonam16
"Okay" isn't the perfect answer. I suspect you will get a few marks for knowledge max 5, but not beyond that. Also teachers can only see the qeustion an hour or so after the exam, so i doubt he'd seen it straight away. And just because your school did it doesn't mean its right...

I was actually exaggerating. The One Child Policy case study is allowed but I was a bit suspicious as it came up last year.
1: Kerala is acceptable for Population Change.
2: One Child Policy is acceptable. Reason: Why the f*** would they teach us it if it's no longer in use? Mhm.
Original post by EmmaC_
Wait so the population would decrease because the birth rate would decrease as the need for children is less because they aren't able to work in factories or will only get a small income be one then?!?!

yes, lol. you got it wrong, stop being witty about it. :L

Nah my teacher saw the paper after the exam finished
And tell me why is it wrong?Did it specifiy "non birth "control?Narhhhh!
And yeah it was withrawn but you could've talked about how sucessful it was
Look it's still in the spec.Chill your ass and stop being so condescending.Why the F would it be in the spec still.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I was actually exaggerating. The One Child Policy case study is allowed but I was a bit suspicious as it came up last year.

Common trick with exam boards. Our teacher predicted case studies for Paper 1 (he got every case study guess right) and in Paper 2 he got them all wrong because the ones he didn't predict were used recently.
Population Change: China
Changing Urban Environments: Dharavi
Tourism: Jamaica
There were about 5 minutes left and I realised that I had written the wrong case study for population, so I crossed it out and asked for more paper, the invigilator said there was no point so she never gave me any paper, so I had to write underneath the extra space part where there were no lines will this be okay???
Does anyone know if Jamaica(mass tourism, they also have policies to reduce negative effects e.g tour guides to reduce land erosion and laws regarding coral reefs) is acceptable for the tourism case study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
1: Kerala is acceptable for Population Change.
2: One Child Policy is acceptable. Reason: Why the f*** would they teach us it if it's no longer in use? Mhm.

Nah my teacher saw the paper after the exam finished
And tell me why is it wrong?Did it specifiy "non birth "control?Narhhhh!
And yeah it was withrawn but you could've talked about how sucessful it was

KERALA IS NOT A COUNTRY!! What don't you understand. Also, I can;t remeber the exact question but it said something along the lines of what they are CURRENTLY doing, the one child policy was abolished and theres a whole SECTION on the 2 CHILD policy in my text book, it's like 2 pages long. Also they would never repeat the case study they did last year, hence, it must be 2 child policy. If you want to convince yourselves be my guest. I'm not saying you'll get 0 you'll probs a decent mark, just not a perfect 11.
Original post by Anonymous20000
There were about 5 minutes left and I realised that I had written the wrong case study for population, so I crossed it out and asked for more paper, the invigilator said there was no point so she never gave me any paper, so I had to write underneath the extra space part where there were no lines will this be okay???

I use the white space when I need like 1 line more but if you wrote the whole case study there i'm pretty sure they will ignore it. Your invigilator was wrong to tell you that. I'd speak with the school about it if I were you.
Common trick with exam boards. Our teacher predicted case studies for Paper 1 (he got every case study guess right) and in Paper 2 he got them all wrong because the ones he didn't predict were used recently.

Why the F is everyone saying China is wrong mannn
Original post by Anonymous20000

No, it won't be scanned. Make a complaint to exam board, or you''ll lose 11 marks.
KERALA IS NOT A COUNTRY!! What don't you understand. Also, I can;t remeber the exact question but it said something along the lines of what they are CURRENTLY doing, the one child policy was abolished and theres a whole SECTION on the 2 CHILD policy in my text book, it's like 2 pages long. Also they would never repeat the case study they did last year, hence, it must be 2 child policy. If you want to convince yourselves be my guest. I'm not saying you'll get 0 you'll probs a decent mark, just not a perfect 11.

Dude. It never said a country. It said "One method of controlling population growth". Kerala is valid.

You can't remember what they said but i can.It certaintly did not say or mention "currently".Goodbye
Why the F is everyone saying China is wrong mannn

China isn't wrong. Don't worry.
Dude. It never said a country. It said "One method of controlling population growth". Kerala is valid.

Exactly.it said a method.Not a "current "

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending