The Student Room Group

Geography ocr b thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
It's today guys!!
Remember don't panic, you can do this!
Aim to spend 30 minutes on each section and read the question carefully
Include as much PSD and KGV as you can in the case studies and don't neglect spag.
You'll all do amazing and if all fails you've got the sdme and coursework to bump up your grade.
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
It's today guys!!
Remember don't panic, you can do this!
Aim to spend 30 minutes on each section and read the question carefully
Include as much PSD and KGV as you can in the case studies and don't neglect spag.
You'll all do amazing and if all fails you've got the sdme and coursework to bump up your grade.
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can someone tell me quickly the two Location of Industry case studies:
MEDC - M4 Corridor
LEDC - ?
And will Ageing Population be in our exam and do we have to learn a case study for it??
Reply 64
Original post by MovedMasterMike
Can someone tell me quickly the two Location of Industry case studies:
MEDC - M4 Corridor
LEDC - ?

I did
Medc EE call centre Newcastle
Ledc palm oil Indonesia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by MovedMasterMike
And will Ageing Population be in our exam and do we have to learn a case study for it??

I'm not sure?? I've got a UK case study for ageing population but I'm not sure if it will come up sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heya guys how did you guys find the exam what case studies did you put down?
Original post by Arbana1502
Heya guys how did you guys find the exam what case studies did you put down?

Poland to UK
Kashmir, Pakistan
Palm oil borneo (WHYY)
I hated the last case study question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
I did similar case studies.
(edited 7 years ago)
I did
Sudan to Chad
Sichuan Province earthquake
Lake river delta
Reply 70
I did
Poland to Uk
Haiti Earthquake 12th January 2010
Palm oil Borneo
Overall i thought it went well apart from the odd strange question, but its out of 99 marks so you're allowed to loose some marks.
Im not completely sure whether ive done enough for an A* though could go either way.
Reply 71
Hi in the last case study I sated "South China " and not river delta would I be criticised
GEOGRPAHY WAS EASSYYY!!! I'M SO HAPPY MY CONFIDENCE IS RESTORED!!!
I did:
Haiti earthquake
Mexico to USA migration
Pearl River Delta
Overall that was a pretty good exam.

For the Case Studies I did:
Mexico to USA Migration
Sichuan Earthquake, China
St Lucia (SMMA)
Reply 74
Just checked the usual grade boundaries and its usually around 80 marks for an A* which makes me feel more confident
me too! i did poland to uk , China's Pearl River Delta, Nevado del ruiz. The wording for the last case study was so difficult i nearly put an urban change 🙏🏽☺️ there were a few weirdly worded questions i agree, especially some of the drought questions. The other two sections were nice i guess 😄 Overall i think i could lose up to 8 marks but only results day can tell!
Original post by Iwilson
Just checked the usual grade boundaries and its usually around 80 marks for an A* which makes me feel more confident

Last year it was 77 for an A* so that not too bad.
Reply 77
I did
Mexico to USA
Haiti earthquake
Palm oil Indonesia/borneo

For some reason I put 'oil palm' instead of palm oil because that's what was written on a sheet we got given in class. Will I get marked down??;

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did:
Mexico to the USA
Haiti Earthquake 2010
Lincolnshire Limestone Quarrying
Original post by Arbana1502
me too! i did poland to uk , China's Pearl River Delta, Nevado del ruiz. The wording for the last case study was so difficult i nearly put an urban change 🙏🏽☺️ there were a few weirdly worded questions i agree, especially some of the drought questions. The other two sections were nice i guess 😄 Overall i think i could lose up to 8 marks but only results day can tell!

Haha yeah a lot of my friends ended up nearly writing a case study for urban land use and how it affects the environment for the last question. In fact some of my friends wrote about Greenwich meridian Village. Not sure if thats right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending