The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sapphire79
I did groynes and is it only me or were they less graphs on the paper than normal? What happened with English? :frown:

I have not done any past papers for this exam as I was focusing on the first paper for ages. There was like one graph for each topic for me though; english didn't go very well. Thought question 4 and 3 were so hard. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Matthew.bryant
I have not done any past papers for this exam as I was focusing on the first paper for ages. There was like one graph for each topic for me though; english didn't go very well. Thought question 4 and 3 were so hard. :frown:

Oh no :frown: I thought they were good and English actually went good for me but i'll probably be crying tomorrow after maths. Did you find it hard because you found source 3 awkward? It's always something about someone drowning in the sea I swear :tongue:
Oh no :frown: I thought they were good and English actually went good for me but i'll probably be crying tomorrow after maths. Did you find it hard because you found source 3 awkward? It's always something about someone drowning in the sea I swear :tongue:

Yeah I have maths tomorrow. Yeah that's why I struggled on question 4. Yeah, I swear they found the most boring, pointless stories and just put it into our exams. They are so boring. :smile:
Original post by Mr_Elmo
Did spec B, theme 3 was amazing and the decision making paper went pretty good too. What did everyone else do for the greenfield vs brownfield? To me brownfield seemee much better

Yess same, the brownfield one was way better than the green belt land one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I have maths tomorrow. Yeah that's why I struggled on question 4. Yeah, I swear they found the most boring, pointless stories and just put it into our exams. They are so boring. :smile:

Agree but come on that cliffside slide was actually cool :tongue: Im so excited to never have to do maths again
Original post by Mr_Elmo
Did spec B, theme 3 was amazing and the decision making paper went pretty good too. What did everyone else do for the greenfield vs brownfield? To me brownfield seemee much better

To be honest when I did that question I didnt really care to much about which one I was arguing for because you could have done an argument for either.
Agree but come on that cliffside slide was actually cool :tongue: Im so excited to never have to do maths again

Yeah It was quite annoying really because I already knew about that slide as im a big fan of him and I wanted to write more than the article. I know that feeling, had it after that English exam. So good!. :smile:
Original post by Halzy1234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did Brownfield too. What did you put for why people in urban areas would object to building on brownfield site though?
Yeah It was quite annoying really because I already knew about that slide as im a big fan of him and I wanted to write more than the article. I know that feeling, had it after that English exam. So good!. :smile:

Haha :tongue: Never met a Bear Grylls fan before. That's awesome :smile: Good luck for maths too
Haha :tongue: Never met a Bear Grylls fan before. That's awesome :smile: Good luck for maths too

Ahha, first time for everything. And you!
:smile:
What spec is that? :smile:

B :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by pheebsdancer
Yeah I did Brownfield too. What did you put for why people in urban areas would object to building on brownfield site though?

Not sure if i did it right, but i talked about the city becoming even more cramped and also more competition for jobs because more people
Original post by Mr_Elmo
Not sure if i did it right, but i talked about the city becoming even more cramped and also more competition for jobs because more people

I wrote something similar too about the rivalry in business

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote something similar too about the rivalry in business increasing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr_Elmo

finally someone agrees with me haha and yeah i found it good. In sha allah (which means god willing) i get a pass. just out of curiosity, what case study did you do?
Reply 35
Original post by Razzy1028
finally someone agrees with me haha and yeah i found it good. In sha allah (which means god willing) i get a pass. just out of curiosity, what case study did you do?

Transboundary water issue, i was fairly sure that was going to come up and it did so i knew what to do for it, not sure how well i did but hopefully did great. What about you?
throughout the whole thing i thought it'd be a dreaded MNC case study as the whole paper was based on that. thank god it wasn't because the MNC was the only one i didnt learn

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, but the green belt one had a good few advantages that I found I developed well so I decided to change things up a little and go with the green belt
Im sure you did good. :smile:
I did spec A and did weather climate, retail and urban change and coasts. Weather n climate was tough ( high pressure low pressure, weather hazards ) other 2 I thought were alright not as I hoped though 🙁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending