The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

for The logarithm question I've got 0.65 for the gradient and 0.196 for a . would i still get marks ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WuMyster
Most difficult C2 paper I've done. Don't know why the lorry couldn't fit. Got a height of 4.992 or something.

same.. i didnt know what to do with the 4.992 afterwards:s-smilie:
Original post by 15076848
for The logarithm question I've got 0.65 for the gradient and 0.196 for a . would i still get marks ?

Everyone's answers will be slightly different as your intercept and gradient come from your line of best fit the marker will have a range for both so as long as its in the range you will get the marks
If I get 55 marks in C1, 50 in S1 and 35 in C2 (140/216) what grade would that be overall?
For the sequence question, I think it was question 2 - the divide by 3 then multiply remainder by 5;I got 25 like others for a, but for b, I didn't get 0; I got 15. Once I got 0 for 6/3 that was my second term, but I used 0/3 = 0 with a remainder 3, x5 gave my third term of 15. (15/3 giving 5 remainder 0 so fourth term 0). Is everyone else right and I'm wrong?
Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
If I get 55 marks in C1, 50 in S1 and 35 in C2 (140/216) what grade would that be overall?

Probably a solid C
It actually depends on the grade boundaries, which varies every year. Let say we use the grade boundary of last year, 55 will score you a mid-C in C1, 50 will score you a high-B in S1, 35 will score you a high-E in C2, I would say you will either get a low-C or a high-D.
* only my estimation, do not be pessimistic.
Original post by yaas1234
same.. i didnt know what to do with the 4.992 afterwards:s-smilie:

I suppose you found the maximum point of the curve, but it is not the right way to do it. The curve is not rectangular, so even if the highest point is higher than the height of the vehicle, it cannot, except if it is as thin as a paper.

Given that the mid-point of the tunnel is 3 (as it is symmetrical at x=3), and the width of the vehicle is 3.6 . You should divide 3.6 by 2, then either minus or plus the ans from 3. ** this is because you are assuming the mid-point of the vehicle lines exactly on the mid-point of the tunnel. So you find the value, (3.6/2=1.8) 3-1.8=1.2 or 3+1.8=4.8, these two points are where the vehicle barely touch the tunnel (suppose to be). You then set x=1.2 or x=4.8, substitute either value into the function of the curve. Y should be something like 4.375 (I forgot the exact value). So 4.375 is shorter than the height of the vehicle which is 4.4, so, it shall not pass.

I hope I made it clear for y'all.
(edited 7 years ago)
56 for an A I think
Reply 849
Original post by Manexopi
I don't think I even got 50% and I'm retaking lol!

I didn't understand any of the section B questions.

It was horrendous because I went into panic mode.:angry: Then i ran out of time. I'm re-doing as well obviously. Also the camp hill King Edward boys even found it hard. They were on the same bus and the paper was actually semi hard for them too
Original post by DrKillerX
I suppose you found the maximum point of the curve, but it is not the right way to do it. The curve is not rectangular, so even if the highest point is higher than the height of the vehicle, it cannot, except if it is as thin as a paper.

Given that the mid-point of the tunnel is 3 (as it is symmetrical at x=3), and the width of the vehicle is 3.6 . You should divide 3.6 by 2, then either minus or plus the ans from 3. ** this is because you are assuming the mid-point of the vehicle lines exactly on the mid-point of the tunnel. So you find the value, (3.6/2=1.8) 3-1.8=1.2 or 3+1.8=4.8, these two points are where the vehicle barely touch the tunnel (suppose to be). You then set x=1.2 or x=4.8, substitute either value into the function of the curve. Y should be something like 4.375 (I forgot the exact value). So 4.375 is shorter than the height of the vehicle which is 4.4, so, it shall not pass.

I hope I made it clear for y'all.

Ohhh thank you very much!!! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheVirtualPhoton
For the sequence question, I think it was question 2 - the divide by 3 then multiply remainder by 5;I got 25 like others for a, but for b, I didn't get 0; I got 15. Once I got 0 for 6/3 that was my second term, but I used 0/3 = 0 with a remainder 3, x5 gave my third term of 15. (15/3 giving 5 remainder 0 so fourth term 0). Is everyone else right and I'm wrong?

Sorry, realised my mistake - there's a mark lost for me :frown:
Original post by The person
56 for an A I think

lower i'd say, like 53, would anyone agree?
can someone make a poll for grade boundares, or if anyone has any suggestions, I think i lost 12 marks, and possiblt 2-4 more for not shoiwng working so max lost 56, would this be an A?
(edited 7 years ago)
I thought the paper was easier in comparison to others. I think the grade boundary will stay at 57
(edited 7 years ago)
How many marks would I lose for integrating 5/18 (and these) and then carrying on by inputting 6-0
Original post by Kenzar234
I thought the paper was easier in comparison to others. I think the grade boundary will stay at 57

Thanks for your opinion. Will likely p1ss everyone off
For the log graph i worked my gradient out using values from the table not my graph how many marks will i lose?
Original post by harryleavey
Thanks for your opinion. Will likely p1ss everyone off

Sorry , not my intention

Quick Reply

Latest