The Student Room Group

OCR Computer Science 08/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
it clearly said ALGORITHM therefore flowchart or pseudocode . i did both to be safe but yeahh you will be fineee!!
Original post by Cascadess
Well I'm an A2 computing OCR student so wasn't taking the exam, just interested in the thread. But maybe the definition of carrying is different at A2 or maybe im just misunderstanding things i dunno, but i've attached my workings, which only has one carry.

I did get that answer.

.13394057_630549457110687_5945373596437387806_n.jpg

In case you cant understand my handwriting the arrows are pointing at the only carry I encountered.

You've literally got the same answer haha so it's fine! In OCR GCSE, when there is 2 1s, you write a 0 and carry a 1 and if there are 2 1s in the sum and a 1 carried, then you write 1 and also carry a 1
Original post by computers12
As low as Quinn's clock speed and the ratings of the films

I missed out the Quinn's question - didn't realise I forgot it and checked in the last 2 minutes.
Had 20 minute to spare man :/

Did you really find the paper that difficult? I found everything relatively easy except all questions regarding programming, networking and sound/images that was just complete bull
Original post by Chittesh14
You've literally got the same answer haha so it's fine! In OCR GCSE, when there is 2 1s, you write a 0 and carry a 1 and if there are 2 1s in the sum and a 1 carried, then you write 1 and also carry a 1

i'm sure that's not the actual question tho? there was a lot of carrying...
Original post by Chittesh14

Yeah that's what I thought, I'm just very confused as to why everyone seems to be saying there was a looaaaddddd of carries when I only encountered one :/ Thanks for the clarification though :biggrin:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
i'm sure that's not the actual question tho? there was a lot of carrying...

Perhaps not then :smile:
Original post by Cascadess
Yeah that's what I thought, I'm just very confused as to why everyone seems to be saying there was a looaaaddddd of carries when I only encountered one :/ Thanks for the clarification though :biggrin:

Np :smile:.
I said that the difference between the World Wide Web and the Internet is that WWW is a collection of IP addresses and domain names whereas the internet (WAN) is a type of network used to connect many devices. Would that give me 2 marks?
Original post by DerRm
Here's a full mark answer to the algs question for you (edit: forum doesn't seem to show indentation - you know where it should go, but it won't lose you marks anyway):

INPUT choice
IF numbers[choice] != ""
numbers[choice] = "A"
ELSE
OUTPUT "Taken"
END IF
count=0
FOR x = 0 to 100
IF numbers [x] == ""
count = count +1
ENDIF
NEXT x
OUTPUT count

I put <> instead of != and = instead of == also forgot to reset count to 0, how many marks do you think I lost?
Reply 89
Original post by TrumpIsFancy
I said that the difference between the World Wide Web and the Internet is that WWW is a collection of IP addresses and domain names whereas the internet (WAN) is a type of network used to connect many devices. Would that give me 2 marks?

You need to say that www is a collection of html documents to thats the main point however i think you would get one mark
Original post by Obi_xtra
You need to say that www is a collection of html documents to thats the main point however i think you would get one mark

oh cool. what about that question about the client-server network?

i wrote:

1) all the data is stored centrally so if the computers fail, the customers data won't be lost, unlike a peer-to-peer network
2) the client computers can seamlessly be replaced as the server containing all the data can easily be connected to the new computers so the customers' data isn't made vulnerable

how many marks out of 4 would that give me?
Reply 91
For second part of last question i wrote
FOR i = 0 to 100
IF numbers(i) == Player(A) OR Player(B) OR Player(C) THEN
x=100 - i
OUTPUT x "numbers left"
ELSE
OUTPUT "available"
END IF
Next i

Would i get any marks for this?
The grade boundaries for 2015 and 2014 are about 60/80 for an A*. Isn't it supposed to remain similar this year too?
looking at all of your stuff and realising i got 70% of that exam wrong...
Original post by Bernie2016
I put <> instead of != and = instead of == also forgot to reset count to 0, how many marks do you think I lost?

None because they all stand for the same thing :smile:
Original post by TrumpIsFancy
The grade boundaries for 2015 and 2014 are about 60/80 for an A*. Isn't it supposed to remain similar this year too?

I think it could possibly go either way: up or down.
Original post by PCB
For second part of last question i wrote
FOR i = 0 to 100
IF numbers(i) == Player(A) OR Player(B) OR Player(C) THEN
x=100 - i
OUTPUT x "numbers left"
ELSE
OUTPUT "available"
END IF
Next i

Would i get any marks for this?

Depends on your indents.
Original post by mohammedf2606
I think it could possibly go either way: up or down.

yeah but it should remain close though right? like it went down by 4 marks in 2015. however, in 2011, the grade boundaries were like 72/80 which is significantly different. something like that shouldn't happen right?
anyone got an unofficial mark scheme or the super market question?
i did something really simple for the algorithm, none of that ! and <> or whatever else you guys are talking about that i dont even know the meaning to :smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest