The Student Room Group

2016 Unofficial M1 Mark Scheme? 2016

Scroll to see replies

Will examiners look at crossed out work if it is correct?
how many marks would i get for question 2 (b) , the force on the saucepan question (it was out of 3 marks)

resolve upwards for the sauce pan
r - 1.5g - 0.5g = 0.5a
r = 1.5g + 0.5 + 0.5(0.5)
r = 19.9

could i possibly get 1 method marks out of the 3?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tarek888
Estimates for grade boundries/UMS?

not a clue, personally I would say 64 for an A, others have been claiming lower, but I think that would be wishful thinking.
Original post by MattJacks
Will examiners look at crossed out work if it is correct?

depends on how much you crossed it out, if it is illegible then no
Original post by GarlicBread01
How many marks would I get for this for question 2 (b) (it was out of 3 marks)

Resolve upwards for the sauce pan

R - 1.5g - 0.5g = 0.5a
R = 1.5g + 0.5 + 0.5(0.5)
R = 19.9 N

Could I possibly get atleast 1 M1 Method marks out of the 3?

I did the same as you, looking at a very very similar question from Gold 5 Question 3 part b. We would get 2 out of 3 marks!

https://2802a3b1a650824d2586fd3336bd5d5d2d5c2cf8.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYdlJ3eXE3ZkJsVkU/15%20Gold%205%20-%20M1%20Edexcel.pdf

M1 A0 A1(ft)
Original post by KloppOClock
Okay, I've done all the model answers and i've written out every question. its officially complete!

i have no life :biggrin:

Thanks for making it extremely clear just how badly I did!! :-)

Think I got 54.....praying for decent boundaries...anything above 70ums and im still in the game!
depends on how much you crossed it out, if it is illegible then no

if you go on to do incorrect work will they track back?
fantastic, ill add that last one in

cant seee q2 solution
@KloppOClock

Will anybody be doing an IAL M1 unofficial Mark scheme? :/
if you go on to do incorrect work will they track back?

I believe they ignore subsequent working even if it is wrong.

For example if you did a question and got the right answer, then re-did the question on the next page and got a different answer, they would only mark your first attempt!
Original post by SaadKaleem
@KloppOClock

Will anybody be doing an IAL M1 unofficial Mark scheme? :/

Not a clue, I didn't sit that so I have no idea what was on it. I saw a thread before on the IAL exam though and people were posting their answers.
ALL MODEL ANSWERS ARE NOW DONE!

IMPORTANT NOTE: After speaking with some maths teachers, they have said that they believe the grade boundaries will be relatively low due to the simultaneous vector question and question three! :banana2:

*So people stop asking, when using 'g' 2 or 3 significant figures is fine.

Question 1: (10 marks)

Spoiler

Question 2: (6 marks)

Spoiler

Question 3: (7 marks)

Spoiler

Question 4: (12 marks)

Spoiler

Question 5: (10 marks)

Spoiler

Question 6: (7 marks)

Spoiler

Question 7: (11 marks)

Spoiler

Question 8: (12 marks)

Spoiler

Model Answers: (click spoiler to show images)

Spoiler

Question Bank: (simplified)

Spoiler

I hope you all did well!

why is "the force exerted on the scale pa by the create " the normal reaction of the crate surely it cant be because thats the force exerted by the scale pan on the crate isnt the forceexerted on the scale pan by the box the normal reaction between bottom of scale pan e.g, R-o.5g=0.5a?
I believe they ignore subsequent working even if it is wrong.

For example if you did a question and got the right answer, then re-did the question on the next page and got a different answer, they would only mark your first attempt!

i really hope so, with an expectation of 90+% in M1 i really cocked up
Original post by youreanutter
why is "the force exerted on the scale pa by the create " the normal reaction of the crate surely it cant be because thats the force exerted by the scale pan on the crate isnt the forceexerted on the scale pan by the box the normal reaction between bottom of scale pan e.g, R-o.5g=0.5a?

i dont know, i thought the question read what was the force exerted onto the pan by the brick, so i ended up focusing on the scale pan. apparently i misread the question and you had to focus on the brick
Original post by alesha98
yes you are correct.

Thanks!
i really hope so, with an expectation of 90+% in M1 i really cocked up

im fairly confident that they will. most examiners are trying to give you marks, not take them away from you. you probably did a lot better then you think!
im fairly confident that they will. most examiners are trying to give you marks, not take them away from you. you probably did a lot better then you think!

I hope so, scrape an A, resit next year :smile: thank you for your feed back
For the moments question, would you still get working out marks if you took the moments about A and B? Instead of S and T? Also for 1c, I found the same time by finding out PQ was. Would I still get marks?
i dont know, i thought the question read what was the force exerted onto the pan by the brick, so i ended up focusing on the scale pan. apparently i misread the question and you had to focus on the brick

yeah the question definetly sed
what was the force exerted
on the scale pan
by the brick
so do u not find the force on the scale pan the normal reaction of the scale pan as i doubt it wud be the other way around as if so it wud basically bethe exact same as the 2015 paper again
Original post by don't cry-craft
For the moments question, would you still get working out marks if you took the moments about A and B? Instead of S and T? Also for 1c, I found the same time by finding out PQ was. Would I still get marks?

if you took moments about A and B you would get 2 unknowns which is why they state its on the point of tipping. They expect you to know that so I don't think you would get the method marks for creating an equation around those points.

If you found out the correct answer, they would give you the marks as your method must have been correct to give you that.

Quick Reply

Latest