The Student Room Group

Are there any other fellow Petrolheads out there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SMEGGGY
What did you think of the Ford Cougar cars

Posted from TSR Mobile

They were ok. Not the best but not bad.
Original post by NathLocke64
A beefed up Enzo? How could I not? I call it the MC Hammer

Theyre magnificent!!
Haha thats a good name!
Reply 142
Original post by longshot100
Don't know if this qualifies as Petrolhead territory, but do any of you guys remember that show called Pimp My Ride? The one with Xzibit as the presenter.

the show was all about rice
Original post by djmans
the show was all about rice

Ugh not rice!!
Gotta hate them ricers!
Reply 144
Yeah, I remember that now, they just kitted it out with neon and Tvs etc, but no engine changes.

what about the big speakers, ps3, xbox and ugly bodykits
Original post by djmans
what about the big speakers, ps3, xbox and ugly bodykits

Yeah I watched a few episodes, some of the bodykits could be not awful, but the rest was awful.

Whens this group coming @FireFreezer77 :wink:
Original post by GaryIsASloth
Yeah I watched a few episodes, some of the bodykits could be not awful, but the rest was awful.

Whens this group coming @FireFreezer77 :wink:

Soon! Its been made, its just being checked by the mods currently.
It should be up by the end of the week.
Invites shall be handed out. Keep cool, its happening!
Yeah, I remember that now, they just kitted it out with neon and Tvs etc, but no engine changes.

Hmm gotta love the extra weight with no power.
Not a fan of the neon either.
Lmao, Do you literally mean rice? Or is that some term I'm not familiar with?

EDIT- found it out, no worries

Haha nice one!
I've seen people give ricers rice before haha.

But do you think they fit the description of the people on the show?
Yeah me neither. I think the mods should all be on performance and more importantly- upholstery... :biggrin:

Agreed! Performance is the most important part!
Like the car in my avatar :biggrin: 1200bhp!!!
No way?! Which car is it? Modded or stock?

Yup!
Mazda MX5: Usually known as RADBUL
It's modded. It's used for drifting!
It's totally badass!
Thanks for the follow btw!
Original post by FireFreezer77
I'm a huge fan of him!
Ah ok then, I wasn't until recently tbh (I never realized what could be done). But that's perfectly understandable!
It sure does! Apparently it's quite lary to drive too!

Japanese Domestic Market (Japanese cars). I just like the styling, the engines, the fact that they're fun to drive (apparently), the fact that they can be modded to extreme levels!
Plus I love the rotary engine so that is partly why too!
They are commonly used for drifiting as they're front engined, rear drive! Plus they're easy to mod too!

Yeah I guess so! Yeah it sounded stupid once I'd typed it haha! But I couldn't be bothered to delete it!
That's still a nice amount of power though!!
It can still give some Ferraris a run for their money! Maybe not the brand new ones but some of the slightly older ones maybe?

I can see why you love them! I've always thought of V10's as higher pitched tbh, Like Lambos, and the Lexus LFA. Even the V10 F1 cars too. But the R8 is low pitched.
It's an unusual sound isn't it! There's some very clever people at BMW!
V12's are magnificent! Esp the one in the Lambo Aventador!

Ah. Sorry to dissappoint you but I hate just about ALL Japanese cars!

I reckon the M5 could give new Ferrari's a run for their money too. The M5 can hit 60 in about 3.7 secs and the 458 is about 3.4secs. That's only a 0.3 sec gap and that's not taking the M5 competition package into account. The M5 has soooo much Torque as well. I reckon at higher speeds the M5 would really be right up there. Definitely the new M5 which is due very soon (458 considerably newer) will smack them down!
Yeah now that I think about it, the V10's are generally higher pitched. I think the LFA is just special in noise tbh. That's not a normal car noise hahaha. The aventador noise is rather confusing to me. It's hard to describe it. Just loud really. Bit more high pitched but that's probs from the naturally aspirated 6.5l engine that churns out 693bhp. Mentaaaaaallllll
Ahhh, a drifter, makes sense.
That spoiler is MAD though!!!
I used to love the RX7 back in the day

Btw, what do you think of cars that are built for luxury as opposed to power? Got any favourites? Mine is probably Jaguar, Bentley or Rolls-Royce, they look so elegant in my opinion.

Spoiler

Gotta have that power!
Well the drivers name is Mad Mike so that's appropriate!
I love the RX7 now! It's my favourite car!

I prefer cars which are built for power tbh.
I'm not a fan of either of those tbh.
But they do make nice cars!
My form of luxury is fufilled by Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc.
Original post by ....Jeff458
Ah. Sorry to dissappoint you but I hate just about ALL Japanese cars!

I reckon the M5 could give new Ferrari's a run for their money too. The M5 can hit 60 in about 3.7 secs and the 458 is about 3.4secs. That's only a 0.3 sec gap and that's not taking the M5 competition package into account. The M5 has soooo much Torque as well. I reckon at higher speeds the M5 would really be right up there. Definitely the new M5 which is due very soon (458 considerably newer) will smack them down!
Yeah now that I think about it, the V10's are generally higher pitched. I think the LFA is just special in noise tbh. That's not a normal car noise hahaha. The aventador noise is rather confusing to me. It's hard to describe it. Just loud really. Bit more high pitched but that's probs from the naturally aspirated 6.5l engine that churns out 693bhp. Mentaaaaaallllll

Nooooo!!! What's wrong with them?
They're brilliant!

In a straight line they could I think, but maybe not around corners though.
That's a fairly large amount of time though. It's gonna take something special to overcome that!

Yeah, i was confused when you said they were lower pitched.
Yeah I think so too, there's no other car that sounds like it! It's a strange noise haha but a good one!
It is hard to describe isn't it! It's a glorious sound though!
It sounds angry! Yeah that would make sense. POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of engine sounds, what are your favourite sounding cars? Top 3 or 5 cars for you?
Here's a picture of my car after 4 hours work
image.jpg
Very shiny :biggrin:
Soon! Its been made, its just being checked by the mods currently.
It should be up by the end of the week.
Invites shall be handed out. Keep cool, its happening!

Alright sweet :biggrin:
Yeah, their cars are quite comfortable, but also have a sporty edge to them, y'know?

They sure are!
Yeah I get you! That's what I like tbh.
Plus the styling is very aggressive too! :biggrin:
Woahhhh, that's amazing man!!

Thanks man!
I find it really enjoyable to clean cars!
Nooooo!!! What's wrong with them?
They're brilliant!

In a straight line they could I think, but maybe not around corners though.
That's a fairly large amount of time though. It's gonna take something special to overcome that!

Yeah, i was confused when you said they were lower pitched.
Yeah I think so too, there's no other car that sounds like it! It's a strange noise haha but a good one!
It is hard to describe isn't it! It's a glorious sound though!
It sounds angry! Yeah that would make sense. POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of engine sounds, what are your favourite sounding cars? Top 3 or 5 cars for you?

Probs couldn't name cars. The BMW M3 makes an absolutely amazing ROAR especially for a straight 6 engine! The one I was in had sports exhausts and it sounded so gooooood!!! The M5 F10 also sounds lovely. ALL MUSTANGS WITH THEIR V8 RUMBLE!!!! LFA noise is alright. Not a huge fan. Tbh any car that has a rumble like that.
Nah Jap cars are just my nightmare. Hate those things unfortunately.
Aventador sound isn't glorious to me. It's good but it's a bit ott for me. Just you can tell it's not what it's meant to sound like. Like the Jag f-type(I think) with all those crackles. Urgh.

0.3 secs isn't the hugest of differences. Remember the M5 has two turbo's so it could rack up that difference and catch up at higher speeds. Plus the M5 has a legendary gearbox which is admitted by many. Even then, the 458 costs nearly 3 times the price of an M5 and 0.3 secs for about 200k isn't amazing if you ask me! ///M POWER FTW!
The M5 is made to corner mad and drift and enjoy the car. 458 is there to get the job done. M5 is my bby :smile:
Original post by ....Jeff458
Probs couldn't name cars. The BMW M3 makes an absolutely amazing ROAR especially for a straight 6 engine! The one I was in had sports exhausts and it sounded so gooooood!!! The M5 F10 also sounds lovely. ALL MUSTANGS WITH THEIR V8 RUMBLE!!!! LFA noise is alright. Not a huge fan. Tbh any car that has a rumble like that.
Nah Jap cars are just my nightmare. Hate those things unfortunately.
Aventador sound isn't glorious to me. It's good but it's a bit ott for me. Just you can tell it's not what it's meant to sound like. Like the Jag f-type(I think) with all those crackles. Urgh.

0.3 secs isn't the hugest of differences. Remember the M5 has two turbo's so it could rack up that difference and catch up at higher speeds. Plus the M5 has a legendary gearbox which is admitted by many. Even then, the 458 costs nearly 3 times the price of an M5 and 0.3 secs for about 200k isn't amazing if you ask me! ///M POWER FTW!
The M5 is made to corner mad and drift and enjoy the car. 458 is there to get the job done. M5 is my bby :smile:

Hmm well it sounds ok to me.
I love the sound of a rotary engine! Plus the 2jz is pretty awesome too!!

Jap cars are superb! I'm not the biggest BMW fan tbh, I prefer Audi!
Really? It's a unique sound and I love it!
I'm confused now?
I like the sound of that, but hate the car!

It's pretty big in racing! But it would be slower off the line whilst the turbos spool up!
I've not heard that before.
Yeah the 458 is expensive and ugly.
Well 0.3s can be hard to find. But 200k does seem excessive!
The 458 is more a race car whereas the M5 is a toy.
The RX7 though is the best! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending