The Student Room Group

OCR Computing GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skyawesome
anyone remember what the question about the supermarket was?

It was about how client-server can help the shop
Original post by BadgerNeer1
It was about how client-server can help the shop

Yeahhh now I remember
I only asked cause I went through the paper and apparently missed out a question without knowing :/
Yeahhh now I remember
I only asked cause I went through the paper and apparently missed out a question without knowing :/

hey skyawesome on one of the question did it say write a suitable variable name or was it suitable variable type? it was something to do with cost
anyone remember what the question about the supermarket was?

OCR Supermarket was their brand name. Haha.
Original post by Adamtoo
LOOl that 6 marker was pretty easy but I'm annoyed that I didn't talk about graphics card. I mentioned changing the processor, clock speed, cache memory and getting hard drive. Idk if it's right tbh, I was rushing it

it was a 6 marker so you talk about three points and elaborate. I talked about increase clock speed, more cores and increase the CPU cache. Im sure yours works too
For the question where you had to rewrite a line 5 of code (I think it was something like numberofchapters = number of pages + numberofwords - can't remember really) what was the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it not Numberofwords= number of words + numberofchapters?
The supermarket one was something about peer to peer and server to client networks I think
For me I just mentioned how the whole server won't crash on a server to client network
Original post by Cameron171
Was it not Numberofwords= number of words + numberofchapters?

Probably, I can't remember the order, but what did you change? I changed the '+' to '*' - what did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miapeters
Probably, I can't remember the order, but what did you change? I changed the '+' to '*' - what did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the correct answer was adding the chapters to the variable and using the = to change it. Eg. NumberofPages = NumberofPages + NumberofChapters
Original post by Cameron171
I think the correct answer was adding the chapters to the variable and using the = to change it. Eg. NumberofPages = NumberofPages + NumberofChapters

Ohh so you had to change the order the variables were in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miapeters
Ohh so you had to change the order the variables were in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is what I got. I think it is correct.
Someone needs to make a mark scheme!!
Original post by CopyThat
Someone needs to make a mark scheme!!

Ik how to get the 6 marks on the last question if that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheEarlOfPuddin
The supermarket one was something about peer to peer and server to client networks I think
For me I just mentioned how the whole server won't crash on a server to client network

I mean i remember a peer-peer vs client networks question, but i don't remember the supermarket one properly.
Explain what the question was pleease
Original post by MCOD1999
Ik how to get the 6 marks on the last question if that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you put?
Original post by CaptErin
What did you put?

So I don't remember the sudocode but I have a working C++ Solotion that is mostly annotated: http://hastebin.com/apipazocaq.cpp
If ya would like an English Sudocode or Game Maker Studio version then feel free ask :wink:
(I believe it would get 6 marks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
What did you guys mention to improve the guy's computer? I talked about changing the hard drive into an SSD, increasing cache size and having a quad core processor instead of dual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sneakerhead
What did you guys mention to improve the guy's computer? I talked about changing the hard drive into an SSD, increasing cache size and having a quad core processor instead of dual

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put upgrade to a CPU with more cores and a higher clockspeed.

To upgrade the CPU cache (done by getting a better CPU)

To upgrade the HDD to a higher rpm and capacity.

To invest in a new GPU with more VRAM (even though in reality vram isn't everything)

I also explained each point and ik u only needed 3 but I wanted to be 100% sure.
Hi, is anybody aware of a unofficial mark scheme for this exam by any chance please? the OCR supermarket don't sell one hahaha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending