The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History A - Germany 14/06/16: Revision.

Hey, anyone else doing Germany????????????????? Lets discuss and help each other out :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey im doing Germany too! anything i can do to help? I can give you sentance structures if you don't know them
Reply 2
Original post by sophiepoolex
Hey im doing Germany too! anything i can do to help? I can give you sentance structures if you don't know them

thank you but im set! i need to revise my notes bc i forgot everything as i was studying for geo :frown: are you ready for it?
Original post by gameofno
Hey, anyone else doing Germany????????????????? Lets discuss and help each other out :smile:

I am!! So panicked because I literally don't know anything about this D:
Reply 4

What are the structures?
Reply 5

omg you know what actually give me them please
Reply 6
Original post by SugarBubbles2000
I am!! So panicked because I literally don't know anything about this D:

its tomorrow crap im not ready

Yo, I need a small amount of help for tomorrow's exam. Firstly, got any recommended timings for each question. Thirdly got any advice on how to link or prioritize factors. Should I make it explicitly clear within my question like "The most important factor...." or does it need to be more subtle.
Reply 8
Original post by CaedKnight
Yo, I need a small amount of help for tomorrow's exam. Firstly, got any recommended timings for each question. Thirdly got any advice on how to link or prioritize factors. Should I make it explicitly clear within my question like "The most important factor...." or does it need to be more subtle.

hey there
question 1 (4 marks)- 6 minutes
question 1b (6 marks)- 8 minutes
question 1c and d(8 marks) - 12 minutes
question 2 (8marks) - 12 minutes
question 3 (16 marks)- 25 minutes

for linking and prioritising, it doesn't matter as long as its clear. so e.g. for an 8 marker you can start off with explaining a consequence and be like 'most importantly, this event lead to the consequence of....' and state the relative importance, then for your second point in the question you say 'also importantly, but not as significant as the first consequence,...'
and then also same w linking e.g.
'this effect furthermore lead to this effect because *explain how*'
:smile:
hey there
question 1 (4 marks)- 6 minutes
question 1b (6 marks)- 8 minutes
question 1c and d(8 marks) - 12 minutes
question 2 (8marks) - 12 minutes
question 3 (16 marks)- 25 minutes

for linking and prioritising, it doesn't matter as long as its clear. so e.g. for an 8 marker you can start off with explaining a consequence and be like 'most importantly, this event lead to the consequence of....' and state the relative importance, then for your second point in the question you say 'also importantly, but not as significant as the first consequence,...'
and then also same w linking e.g.
'this effect furthermore lead to this effect because *explain how*'
:smile:

Thanks a lot, I hope you get an A*
Reply 10
Original post by CaedKnight
Thanks a lot, I hope you get an A*

no problem &thanks you too :biggrin:
Hi I need help too!

What would you say the key people we need to know about like the back of your hand?

Also what key events are definitely needed?

Thanks
stresemann
obviously, hitler
Goebbels and Himmler
Original post by IntrludeHoliday_
Hi I need help too!

What would you say the key people we need to know about like the back of your hand?

Also what key events are definitely needed?

Thanks

I would also say for key events:
Weimar republic
Treaty of Versailles
Invasion of the Ruhr
Political revolts: spartacist uprising (taking over newspapers for better lives for workers), kapp putsch ( freikorps taking over berlin)
and the munich putsch
Hyperinflation
Dawes Plan and Locarno Pact
1928: Hitler gets out of jail from munich putsch and wants to use democratic means to gain power
only gets 2% of votes
1932: Nazi Party get 37% of votes via Nazi promises, propaganda, leadership
enabling act, night of long knives and so on :smile:
Reply 14
Any predictions on what will come up?
Reply 15
These are topics that haven't come up in recent years:
- How Hitler became Chancellor
- Weimar Recovery 1924-1928
- Women
- Treatment of minorities
- Events of 1923 (including Munich Putsch)
- Youth Groups
- Nazi beliefs (e.g. Aryan Race...)
- The Churches
its tomorrow crap im not ready

Neither am I!! The 8 and 16 markers are gonna end me :s-smilie:
Reply 17
Neither am I!! The 8 and 16 markers are gonna end me :s-smilie:

i feel u like i cant be bothered my effort is 0%
i feel u like i cant be bothered my effort is 0%

I'm on the opposite end XD I'm here desperately trying to learn as many dates, events and facts as possible before I go to bed. ><
Reply 19
I'm on the opposite end XD I'm here desperately trying to learn as many dates, events and facts as possible before I go to bed. ><

mehh its like 11.05pm ill just study at 1.00am :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending