The Student Room Group

AS OCR Biology Depth 07/06/16 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Kingz_DD
What did you count up to?

55/70 which I hope is an A. the grade boundaries last year were like 70% for an A, so there is hope :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jitesh
no that person said it was B so it must be B
:biggrin:

It must be A if you said so. Who know the actual answer ,I don't care if I lose ONE mark it is not going to make any difference 😏😏 lets see our result on 18th Aguest 2016👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mariamjaan
It must be A if you said so. I don't care if I lose ONE mark it is not going to make any difference 😏😏 lets see our result on 18th Aguest 2016👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

I never said it was A.. calm down
It must be A if you said so. I don't care if I lose ONE mark it is not going to make any difference 😏😏 lets see our result on 18th Aguest 2016👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

salty
Original post by ronnydandam
salty

nah she's right m8
It must be A if you said so. Who know the actual answer ,I don't care if I lose ONE mark it is not going to make any difference 😏😏 lets see our result on 18th Aguest 2016👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Why did you ask if you'd get a mark then?
Anyone else wanna say what they counted up?
Reply 107
Original post by Kingz_DD
Anyone else wanna say what they counted up?

what did u count up ? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jitesh
I never said it was A.. calm down

I already calm down because I don't have paper any more I cannot change any my mistake. I just said you may right. 😊😊😊😊
well then i am now screwed
No, it was B.

No it was A
For a variable other than pH which was wasn't controlled, I put temperature. Would I get the mark?
Reply 112
Original post by Cookiemonster057
For a variable other than pH which was wasn't controlled, I put temperature. Would I get the mark?

I put temperature too. and for the modifications: Calculate the mean to help identify anomalies. and carry out the experiment between 30-40*C to get a more accurate representation of the optimum temperature. what did u put??? :smile:
Original post by 11...
I put temperature too. and for the modifications: Calculate the mean to help identify anomalies. and carry out the experiment between 30-40*C to get a more accurate representation of the optimum temperature. what did u put??? :smile:

I said test between 30-35 and test every 10 seconds. That experiment really tested my understanding of a control variable. Like temperature wasn't controlled overall but at each temperature it was so I wasn't sure.
OCR being vague and annoying again :/
Reply 114
Original post by Cookiemonster057
I said test between 30-35 and test every 10 seconds. That experiment really tested my understanding of a control variable. Like temperature wasn't controlled overall but at each temperature it was so I wasn't sure.
OCR being vague and annoying again :/

do u think I would still get a mark for saying calculate the mean cos the table only showed the replicate results. I was gonna put 30-35 but then I thought it could 36 too. just gonna hope ocr is not going to be so specific and accept similar answers aaahhh
somehow I found the 6 marker questions easier than those 2 markers
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 11...
do u think I would still get a mark for saying calculate the mean cos the table only showed the replicate results. I was gonna put 30-35 but then I thought it could 36 too. just gonna hope ocr is not going to be so specific and accept similar answers aaahhh
somehow I found the 6 marker questions easier than those 2 markers

I think you may get the mark for the mean :smile: I just hope the mark scheme isn't as specific as the practice paper mark scheme but from what I've seen on the student room there's so much variation due to ambiguity that OCR will either need to lower grade boundaries or make the mark scheme more lenient.
Reply 116
Original post by Jitesh
Screenshot_1.png
G0 probably will also be accepted but I assume they were mainly wanting G1, G2 and S

I thought G0 wasn't even part of cell cycle
Reply 117
Original post by 11...
55/70 which I hope is an A. the grade boundaries last year were like 70% for an A, so there is hope :smile:

Usually around 68% for the second biology paper on old spec
Original post by SGHD26716
I thought G0 wasn't even part of cell cycle

Wasn't on the spec

OCR are *****
Original post by IntellectualBoss
Well I got the marks anyway cuz like I said I went the extra step after saying its significant at 0.05 so I would still get marks for that.

loooool stop making your own markscheme up, even my class was told to use 0.05-there is no extra step, clearly your wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending