The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by Dirtybit
Yeah then you can't match the salaries we can offer then.

Or because we are unwilling to pay that amount for a player of that ability. We can easily pay 200k for top players but not many players warrant 200k, but you have a past it potato head on a 250k a week contract.

Either way you're posting complete AIDS.

Also lol at comparing Leicester winning the league in 15/16 and using that as even a miniscule basis of an argument for who is more attractive between Chelsea and United. Chelsea have missed CL football once in 13 years, you have missed it twice in 3 years, if there is any team more likely to get back into the CL it is Chelsea(although I believe both of our clubs will get it) as there is less rebuilding required and in the case that we are in for a player, we can match salary and location for the players that are capable of helping us achieve our goals(which obviously are similar to yours).

I'm talking about 250k for Falcao and Rooney which we won't match but we're not scared of giving a player like Rodriguez 150-200k a week if we had to.
Original post by Rk2k14
Was referring to bit where you mentioned Van Gaal not 'fancying' them. He probably thought they weren't good enough to stake a claim and its not hard to see why. Pereria at no10 was never going to happen and Januzaj's attitude can be questioned. Van Gaal might not be the smartest manager, but when it comes to youth i'd take his judgement over a fan's with a certain liking for Periera. You obviously have to take your chances, especially if you're at United regardless of whether its a few minutes. Januzaj and Periera didn't offer anything that would have given them a reason to continually play. Rashford got his chance and scored twice. CBJ and TFM got their chances and did very well. Admittedly, in certain games where it was clear there was nothing to play for he should have started some of the u21 players but thats the past.

Trying to score from corners is stupid, once or twice is understandable but when you're competing with your teammate to see who can score more is foolish. Again, the attitude can be questioned. They may have been too good for the u21 matches but they weren't good enough for the first team.

lol how is that remotely true, Pereira scored on his first start for United. After that he played like 5 minute cameos at the end of matches like 4 times. Then he was overlooked for good after the reports of him falling out of favour with LVG. If Lingard is good enough for first team then Pereira is certainly. Plus why are we debating about Januzaj not being good enough for first team when in his first season 13/14 it was obvious that he was.

To be honest I'm not even trying to say that Pereira should be starting every game, but he definitely did deserve to play more minutes that he actually did that season. Januzaj would have been a better option that Lingard for some games too.

Btw I don't have a certain liking for Pereira randomly. I like all the best top talents in the club and Pereira is definitely one of them.
Original post by Rk2k14
Why not PM me in the first place?
Fool.

:colonhash:
lol how is that remotely true, Pereira scored on his first start for United. After that he played like 5 minute cameos at the end of matches like 4 times. Then he was overlooked for good after the reports of him falling out of favour with LVG. If Lingard is good enough for first team then Pereira is certainly. Plus why are we debating about Januzaj not being good enough for first team when in his first season 13/14 it was obvious that he was.

To be honest I'm not even trying to say that Pereira should be starting every game, but he definitely did deserve to play more minutes that he actually did that season. Januzaj would have been a better option that Lingard for some games too.

Btw I don't have a certain liking for Pereira randomly. I like all the best top talents in the club and Pereira is definitely one of them.

Agree that Periera deserved more minutes, especially in the cup games.
I would have played him over Lingard but pretty sure he doesn't graft as much as the former and Lingard did score a fair amount of goals tbf.
That was 2 years ago. Who's place would Januzaj take now? Certainly wouldn't start him over Mata or Lingard.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Or because we are unwilling to pay that amount for a player of that ability. We can easily pay 200k for top players but not many players warrant 200k, but you have a past it potato head on a 250k a week contract.

Also lol at comparing Leicester winning the league in 15/16 and using that as even a miniscule basis of an argument for who is more attractive between Chelsea and United. Chelsea have missed CL football once in 13 years, you have missed it twice in 3 years, if there is any team more likely to get back into the CL it is Chelsea(although I believe both of our clubs will get it) as there is less rebuilding required and in the case that we are in for a player, we can match salary and location for the players that are capable of helping us achieve our goals(which obviously are similar to yours).

I'm talking about 250k for Falcao and Rooney which we won't match but we're not scared of giving a player like Rodriguez 150-200k a week if we had to.

You didn't have David Moyes as your manager.:biggrin: That was a royal **** up in terms of attractiveness and football. Stupid decision to appoint him and we suffered for that.
Reply 625
Original post by Rk2k14
You didn't have David Moyes as your manager.:biggrin: That was a royal **** up in terms of attractiveness and football. Stupid decision to appoint him and we suffered for that.

Yeah you're still suffering now, although having Van Gaal and Mourinho rectifies that a little bit.

Exactly. You are unwilling to match the wages we can offer to players without as much hesitation.

Imagine thinking players will look at the situation like how you are. As long as we have a better manager than you, we can afford to pay greater signing fees and wages, we are a bigger club than you, players can definitely pick United over Chelsea.

Overpaying what looks like a reasonable price isn't always the end of the world. We were able to get Shaw and Martial over you guys with LVG, Mourinho would be a different story.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 627
Exactly. You are unwilling to match the wages we can offer to players.

Imagine thinking players will look at the situation like how you are. As long as we have a better manager than you, we can afford to pay greater signing fees and wages, we are a bigger club than you, players can definitely pick United over Chelsea.

Overpaying what looks like a reasonable price isn't always the end of the world. We were able to get Shaw and Martial over you guys with LVG, Mourinho would be a different story.

We are willing for most players but we ain't paying man like Falcao 250k to do nothing.

Location firstly and we can match fees and wages for most players so it's not like you have massive financial power over us.

Shaw bit was because we had a better left back to buy in Filipe Luis(no arguments needed to be made here, Filipe Luis is better and Bertrand who we sold to Soton is as good as Shaw anyway) and Martial yeah we tried to buy him but it was a late bid. We probably could have got him had we went for him earlier.
AKA THE TURKISH MESSI
[video="youtube;RabL0HfRkwk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RabL0HfRkwk[/video]
Except you'll pay him £140k to literally sit on the bench.
United are the biggest club in England. Think we all agree on that. On the financial side we can be matched but if you want to talk about FFP then City and Chelsea are screwed, whereas it doesn't have an impact on us. We don't have to sell our players to fund others.

Reputation and history of United is what sets it apart from our rivals.
JANUAZI needs the manager to support him lvg destroyed his confidence
Original post by Rk2k14
Agree that Periera deserved more minutes, especially in the cup games.
I would have played him over Lingard but pretty sure he doesn't graft as much as the former and Lingard did score a fair amount of goals tbf.
That was 2 years ago. Who's place would Januzaj take now? Certainly wouldn't start him over Mata or Lingard.

I think LVG should have let Pereira go on loan in January since didn't play him at all after that. Makes me think something was wrong went wrong with their relationship because if LVG didn't rate him he would have just sent him on loan, seems like more of a punishment that he had to stay in U21 football while average players like Donald Love and James Weir were included in the first team squad over him when injuries struck.

Don't know tbf but personally I would prefer them both to Lingard and give Lingard an impact sub role with all his energy (worked against Palace in the final).

Anyways this season is pretty much make or break for Januzaj, if he doesn't play much this season (looking likely not to) then he'll have to start again elsewhere, Mou will probably send Pereira on loan or play him in Europa?
Reply 632
Mourinho will play him in europa or loan. Reckon if he gets a winger he'll loan him out.

Original post by Rk2k14
Except you'll pay him £140k to literally sit on the bench.
United are the biggest club in England. Think we all agree on that. On the financial side we can be matched but if you want to talk about FFP then City and Chelsea are screwed, whereas it doesn't have an impact on us. We don't have to sell our players to fund others.

Reputation and history of United is what sets it apart from our rivals.

FFP we are good too though. We've just agreed a giant contract with Nike.
I think LVG should have let Pereira go on loan in January since didn't play him at all after that. Makes me think something was wrong went wrong with their relationship because if LVG didn't rate him he would have just sent him on loan, seems like more of a punishment that he had to stay in U21 football while average players like Donald Love and James Weir were included in the first team squad over him when injuries struck.

Don't know tbf but personally I would prefer them both to Lingard and give Lingard an impact sub role with all his energy (worked against Palace in the final).

Anyways this season is pretty much make or break for Januzaj, if he doesn't play much this season (looking likely not to) then he'll have to start again elsewhere, Mou will probably send Pereira on loan or play him in Europa?

Yeah, think it'd be better for both of them to go out on loan. Doubt they'll start under Mou so a chance for them to prove how good they are.
We are willing for most players but we ain't paying man like Falcao 250k to do nothing.

Location firstly and we can match fees and wages for most players so it's not like you have massive financial power over us.

Shaw bit was because we had a better left back to buy in Filipe Luis(no arguments needed to be made here, Filipe Luis is better and Bertrand who we sold to Soton is as good as Shaw anyway) and Martial yeah we tried to buy him but it was a late bid. We probably could have got him had we went for him earlier.

We signed him obvious with the expectation that he will be great, but it turned out he wasn't. Like RK has said you guys are worse off for paying him £150k to sit on the bench knowing fully that he is a big time flop. We would never do that.

I can't remember the last time a player rejected us because of Location alone (Apart from possibly Fabregas).

Also even if Filipe Luis wasn't lined up I doubt you'd beat us to Shaw as you wouldn't want to "overpay".
Reply 635
We signed him obvious with the expectation that he will be great, but it turned out he wasn't. Like RK has said you guys are worse off for paying him £150k to sit on the bench knowing fully that he is a big time flop. We would never do that.

I can't remember the last time a player rejected us because of Location alone (Apart from possibly Fabregas).

Also even if Filipe Luis wasn't lined up I doubt you'd beat us to Shaw as you wouldn't want to "overpay".

Yet you were willing to pay 300k for Rooney despite him clearly being past it.

Also location is definitely a factor, there are other factors(like e.g. money and the current squad, Brazillians e.g. would come to Chelsea because of the likes of Oscar/Costa/Willian in the team)

Shaws a Chelsea fan anyway so we probably would have.

Also location is definitely a factor, there are other factors(like e.g. money and the current squad, Brazillians e.g. would come to Chelsea because of the likes of Oscar/Costa/Willian in the team)

What are you suggesting we should have done, let a legend like him go to Chelsea? It was Moyes's first season and he couldn't afford to make a decision like that.

Yh I agree it's a factor but it's definitely not that much of a deciding factor as such so it's not that big a deal.
Reply 637
What are you suggesting we should have done, let a legend like him go to Chelsea?

Yh I agree it's a factor but it's definitely not that much of a deciding factor as such so it's not that big a deal.

Yeah why not he's past it, didn't suit the system(still doesn't) and Ferguson would have sold him for the way he was acting up at the end of that season anyway.

If Ferguson was in charge that never would have happened. He would have sold him (Kagawa was the replacement) to Chelsea and you lot would have been paying him £200k+.

Unfortunately we had Moyes=end discussion.

Boils down to what the player values more. Location over reputation, squad etc. Money is almost definitely the deciding factor though and in that factor we'll always be able to go higher than you.
Reply 639
Original post by Rk2k14
If Ferguson was in charge that never would have happened. He probably would have sold him to Chelsea and you lot would have been paying him £200k+.

Unfortunately we had Moyes=end discussion.

Boils down to what the player values more. Location over reputation, squad etc. Money is almost definitely the deciding factor though and in that factor we'll always be able to go higher than you.

Depends on how much you are willing to pay for a player of that persons ability.

Basically I doubt you will be paying many players over 200k but Chelsea wouldn't go for a player that warrants 200k+ straight away, if we did we will probably give that player 200k though.

It's like Barcelona and Real Madrid vying for a player. Real have more money but the amount they are going to pay isn't going to be much more than Barcelona would pay them if at all, so you're left with other factors to consider(strength of team, manager, location etc)

If a job offers you 200k a week and another job offers you 210k a week I don't think the higher offer will automatically get you that person essentially.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest