The Student Room Group

AQA MM03 8th June 2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by PeterDylan
Oh is this how you do it? in the question it said it was travelling horizontally so i set the final speed (in y direction) to be 0 and found the vertical distance, then used trig to find PQ, has this method got any merit at all or have i just made it up? hahaha

I don't think it said it was travelling horizontally. I re read the question like 3 times thinking it must be travelling horizontally but I couldn't find anything that suggested it was (I had the projectile Q of 2015 in mind). Was I just illiterate? Lol
Cna someone post the rel motion question?(the hard one), won't mind some hard ones to practice fir my M4 exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by physicsmaths
Cna someone post the rel motion question?(the hard one), won't mind some hard ones to practice fir my M4 exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's quad bike, car and truck. Bike is moving at 10ms^-1 due West. Relative to the bike is truck moving at bearing 340 (not sure) . The car is moving at 15ms^-1 due East. Relative to the car is the truck moving at bearing of 300 (I can't remember, someone let me know). Find the direction and velocity of the truck. [8]

Then another 8 marker afterwards that I didn't even bother reading
Original post by C0balt
I don't think it said it was travelling horizontally. I re read the question like 3 times thinking it must be travelling horizontally but I couldn't find anything that suggested it was (I had the projectile Q of 2015 in mind). Was I just illiterate? Lol

Don't worry, you're not illiterate! It didn't say anything about it travelling horizontally as far as I can remember.

Since the angle was 45*, each shorter side would be the same length (I called it 'l', and you had to set x = 6 + l and y = l and solve it. Then you can work out what the length PQ is!

Just realised you mentioned this in an earlier comment!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by C0balt
There's quad bike, car and truck. Bike is moving at 10ms^-1 due West. Relative to the bike is truck moving at bearing 340 (not sure) . The car is moving at 15ms^-1 due East. Relative to the car is the truck moving at bearing of 300 (I can't remember, someone let me know). Find the direction and velocity of the truck. [8]

Also those bearings are correct I'm pretty sure
Original post by C0balt

Oh ok, i have done quite alot like that. Vectors would have been the nices way or combine the triangles geometrically(doesnt always work).
Would anyone else mind sharing some of their answers? Particularly, to the projectiles question with the coefficient of restitution (the inequality).
Anyone else get around 3.5m for length of PQ?
Yeah something similar
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Would anyone else mind sharing some of their answers? Particularly, to the projectiles question with the coefficient of restitution (the inequality).

What is he answer to the rel morion?
328 and 46.2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
I'm assuming they had no problems with the rest of the paper?

No, funnily enough. One of them walked out and actually said he found it alright, and 'quite enjoyable'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Do an extra module" they said. "It'll boost your grade" they said :'(
What is he answer to the rel morion?
328 and 46.2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope it was 318 for the bearing and something else for the speed.
Original post by aoxa
No, funnily enough. One of them walked out and actually said he found it alright, and 'quite enjoyable'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't quite go that far aha. If there's more people like that around we can expect high boundaries. What did they get for the e < inequality for the projectiles?

Damit where is the mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question Cobalt posted is correct right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by aoxa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if by some miracle I meet my offer for camb (which is extremely unlikely), I know I won't fit in 😂
Original post by C0balt
Well if by some miracle I meet my offer for camb (which is extremely unlikely), I know I won't fit in 😂

Lol you will meet it. No doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Lol you will meet it. No doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, if the A* requirement wasn't in FM I would, but I'm expecting a D on this exam. And FP2 will surely be a present from Satan as well
The question Cobalt posted is correct right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I can tell. It was a deceptively hard question.

Quick Reply

Latest