The Student Room Group

maths fear

i suck at maths so bad im afraid i wont be able to get an A even though i've done every single past paper and studied for 2 years
for some reason i just always make mistakes
im having a panic attack i honestly dont know what to do im so scared
my exam is tomorrow and i just feel so dead and depressed and scared :frown:
Reply 1
Keep calm, do predicted papers and work on what you got wrong. Don't go into the exam with weight onto your shoulders. Just imagine your doing another practice paper at home! This is all you can do i'm afraid, good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 2
I feel the same way, but you have to believe in yourself. You have worked so hard till this point so you deserve to get that a grade. in the exam, just take a deep breath, read each question twice, or 10 times, but stay calm, positive and the marks will come rolling your way. Good luck with tomorrow :smile:
Just stay calm first of all. I would make sure you take your time, but if your spending over 5 minutes thinking about a question, move on and come back to it. I would also say have a qucik flick through at the start of the paper and make sure you check questions 1-10 carefully because that's where the easy marks are.

Good Luck!
Original post by gameofno
i suck at maths so bad im afraid i wont be able to get an A even though i've done every single past paper and studied for 2 years
How much do you think you got in the last paper? And C'mon don't panic, I know Maths is like the scariest subject and it's the one where even if you get 100/100 on past papers you blank out(not scaring you) but don't worry be happy.:smile: If you have any questions feel free to ask me.:smile:
The quick fix to this is buying a gun (jkes) in all seriousness just stay calm and know you did your best. Stay composed and you will be fine.
Original post by gameofno

Take tonight to relax and do what you want to do. Get to bed early and wake up on time so you're not rushing around, worrying about being late. Eat a good, balanced breakfast. Have more fruit than usual and drink 3 glasses of water before you leave the house. Avoid foods high in sugar because you'll have a sugar rush then tire yourself out and you really don't want this in a maths exam. I know it's hard but avoid friends if possible because sometimes they chat all sorts of b*ll*cks. Maybe go to a teacher to ask any questions about before the exam. Our school is running a revision sessions in the morning.

Finally, know that you've done your best and worked your hardest. You've done every past paper. The problem I see is that you're weighing yourself down just because you haven't reached your desired grade. Wrong attitude. Your attitude should be "I'm going to do even better this time!" and you will.

Some tips for a maths exam:

1. Check, check and check again - trust me, even maths teachers make mistakes. Check every question if you have time to and do it in detail but o it quickly as well.

2. Answer all questions - even if you have no idea, put something down which is relevant, it might get you some marks because remember, you are awarded more marks for working over correct answers.

3. Read carefully - the amount of times I've copied something down incorrectly... but I've overcome that by checking! But seriously, read carefully and interpret what the question is asking you to do and extract any important information from the question.

4. Know you've done well and forget it - once the exam's over. Say to yourself "That went pretty well and I am happy with myself" and laugh it off because there's nothing you can do.

Good luck!!!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending